Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
I recall at one of the latest meets, a car rocking the AAM sticker was immediately given the cold shoulder and out-casted. Even though the driver was a cool guy, no one even gave him a chance.
NO! Does that mean I have to take my AAM sticker off to come to the Function Tuned meet Saturday?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

+1 to Supercharged

I haven't had any experience with anything but their products, but I love them. I did have the AAM spacer before, and I overtorqued the hell out of the bolts. Ended up cracking my plenum. They offered to weld my plenum, and to fix the problem (which was me haha) for free.

I'm now rocking the AAM spacer again, and their exhaust, and couldnt be happier

I've said it once, I'll say it again.....N/A FTW
Old 11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
Bert, you notice how much AAM is marketed throughout this website. Think how much $ they're paying to the website for the exposure. That is why they make the threads disappear. my 2 cents.
again with the conspiracy theories
Old 11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Bryce i have to disagree with your statement.They(aam)produce great products as i have just bought some with will.......today.Will was very good on the phone as a good sales person is supposed to be.Now as to the service mike gives that is completely different,i can post here from a pm sent to mike last year on how can i get more power out of my stillen stage4.Well i had allready checked with everybody i could.
I was told by mike if i spendt about $4000 bucks i could get quite abit more power out of the maxed out little m62 blower.Well i allready checked with everybody that i respected first and was told..........there is no more power to get out of the stillen.
Well take it for what it is worth.

4k more could get you a nice used greddy TT and maybe they wanted to do the install/tune free and just leave the stillen in the trunk! HA. Not a complete lie...
Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
again with the conspiracy theories
One of my favorite pics from my stock pile.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

To all the moderators: thank you for moving my thread back to the mid-a where i intended it to be. my point in creating this thread was not to bash mike or the company itself. my only point was to show people, especially those in the mid-a that have bought a turbo and/or thinking of buying one and having it installed whose out there and what kind of job they are doing. I really dont care about people in the f/i seeing it i want everyone one in the mid-a to see this experience. Having seen that there are almost 3000 views while its in the mid-a means that our region cares about what the shops closest to us are doing and who is reliable. that was my intention so that no one in the mid-a has to go through the horror story that i went through. thank you again for moving back to where i believe it belongs.

Last edited by bsurdam; 11-29-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotta give it to AAM on that, I believe they make nice products, other than the dual exhausts which fit crooked from all that I have seen in person. Their single is nice, so is the y-pipe, plenum spacer and I run the oil pan spacer with SS return lines. I dont think anybody is complaining about parts though...
Old 11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

How is what I said wrong, I do also believe in their parts and most of the employees there. Bert was pissed about other AAM threads vanishing, my theory is more than adequate. I see more AAM marketing on this site than anything else... connection to bashing threads going away?? Anyways I am not getting into this one, just put my two cents in on why I felt threads were vanishing. Money talks as always. If someone was paying $X,XXX for advertising on the site of course you make the bad chit go away. That is just obvious but maybe it's just me
Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by A1C Basinger
+1 to Supercharged

I haven't had any experience with anything but their products, but I love them. I did have the AAM spacer before, and I overtorqued the hell out of the bolts. Ended up cracking my plenum. They offered to weld my plenum, and to fix the problem (which was me haha) for free.

I'm now rocking the AAM spacer again, and their exhaust, and couldnt be happier

I've said it once, I'll say it again.....N/A FTW
lol ride for 10 minutes in a twin turbo car and you'll be changing that statement quick man.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol ride for 10 minutes in a twin turbo car and you'll be changing that statement quick man.
Naw man, whoever goes FI is pure retarded... especially those darn twin turbo guys, they swear they can pickup chicks or somethin. N/A FTW
Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is what I said wrong, I do also believe in their parts and most of the employees there. Bert was pissed about other AAM threads vanishing, my theory is more than adequate. I see more AAM marketing on this site than anything else... connection to bashing threads going away?? Anyways I am not getting into this one, just put my two cents in on why I felt threads were vanishing. Money talks as always. If someone was paying $X,XXX for advertising on the site of course you make the bad chit go away. That is just obvious but maybe it's just me
It is just you.

You can post whatever opinion you have about the shop, but please do not try to compromise our staff's integrity. And yes, I am saying what you said was wrong. Threads go away due to violation of TOU's, not because of certain vendors. That's why this thread is still here. It has no TOU violations.

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:32 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Every time this kind of thread comes up, somebody brings up the slippery slope analogy. You are not the first person to think that "oh snap, now NOBODY will be able to post ANYTHING negative about ANY shop without getting BANNED" but this is simply not true.

First of all, I have no interest in the mighty dollar and I'm not paid from the site.

Please try to understand the content of my posts in this thread.

If you read everything in this thread linked here:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/309144-fi-forum-conduct-it-s-best-that-you-all-read-this-updated.html

then you should understand why this thread is being moderated the way it is.
Thanks Wired. That helped.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Can we close this chapter once and for all?

Its like this... I feel that everyone has made their point:
Mods
SMods
bsurdan
lance
md
bam
tengai
Alberto
all of us...

so from this point on, why would any of you (us) feel the need to repeat any of this information on the next AAM thread? Once I go with a AAM JWT TT set up on my G and post my install I know you Yahoos wont say shizzil to me rocking AAM logos lol..OK TENGAI (close friend/brother)...but no one else...will... j/k STILLEN SC FTW!

My issues are not that you all have been treated unfair, disrespected, blown off...whatever... Shizzil happens...business/life is tuff and it sucks sometimes....sometimes more than others.

But why do you all feel its your personal responsibility to continue to display such negative non-productive information post after post? We all know each of the issues from the people listed above. A newb will learn just after going to more than three local meets, so why is it your MIDA duty to post the same Shizzil over and over and over and over?

My hat is off to bsurdam, BAM, and TENGAI for posting with frustration but with tact for the most part.

I feel that bsurdan's post was a useful thread...however all this off topic, spam, and over and abused information thereafter has been an unwelcome distraction for the true content from the OP's point of view. To summarize he had to go back multiple times...but in the end. he was out running with me last night driving one bad AAM built machine....like it or not, ten trips back or not…it was running last night and that is all that matters!

To the Mods and Staff:
I retrace my steps in judging the my350z staff in saying that the sponsorship held more weight than our voices...bottom line is, this is a my350z..but that my is not any of us....we don’t make any rules and should be grateful we have such an instant resource of fun, pleasure, and education. We don’t own or run anything other than our mouths on here...

Very responsible way to handle VRT

We should watch what we say... I wonder if we were all in the same room, would these fire comments still hold true? I know mine would.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 11-30-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:00 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
I agree exhasut install is waay different that an FI setup. So let me ask you this. How does one impress someone by installing an exhaust? The fact that it doesn't leak? Most people here install them in their driveways w/o issues.

I understand that as well, my plan was to just pick it up because it was in stock go home slap it on. They took the time to mock the exhaust up on my car then weld it so it fit perfectly. I didn't ask for that nor was I charged more than I was quoted and it sounds awesome. (impressed me, as well as saved me time & headaches). It was a good experience even though it was a very minute detail thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying that because my exhaust went well that a diffrent task would go the same, nor am I discreditng the shop in any way.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
I understand that as well, my plan was to just pick it up because it was in stock go home slap it on. They took the time to mock the exhaust up on my car then weld it so it fit perfectly. I didn't ask for that nor was I charged more than I was quoted and it sounds awesome. (impressed me, as well as saved me time & headaches). It was a good experience even though it was a very minute detail thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying that because my exhaust went well that a diffrent task would go the same, nor am I discreditng the shop in any way.
same here, got exhaust put on not too long ago and I had an hell of an experience but from there i've already stated my path. Sorry if I offended any moderators by my comments just put my 2 cents in.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The AAM 2.5" Dual Exhaust sounds bad *** at WOT.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
Gotta give it to AAM on that, I believe they make nice products, other than the dual exhausts which fit crooked from all that I have seen in person. Their single is nice, so is the y-pipe, plenum spacer and I run the oil pan spacer with SS return lines. I dont think anybody is complaining about parts though...
I'll register my complaint on the design of the y-pipe.. its angled downwards where the flex pipe is... which if your car is lowered.. your going to wear thru the flex pipe in a few weeks. (like I did)

Note that other y-pipe designs are perfectly flat, just like the stock y-pipe.

my
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

^ Maybe it was designed to angle up and you installed it upsidedown

j/k
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
abui01

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
^ Maybe it was designed to angle up and you installed it upsidedown

j/k
knowing MDRicer, of course that's what he did!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

AAM products FTW! How many of you are rocking their exhaust, test pipes, return fuel system, plenum spacer, etc?

Quick Reply: My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ