Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Living your Life a Rice Bowl at a time: 4 those few bites Im unFunction:TUNED Chap. 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Living your Life a Rice Bowl at a time: 4 those few bites Im unFunction:TUNED Chap. 4

With the slow down of the season in "ricing it out," the cold weather takes its tolls on our Function:TUNING adventures. However, a large amount of us ricers rice it out all year round! We begin with...

The Night of the Megameet:
With the usual crowd of ricers, we waited for them to disperse. We later gathered together for a cruise up to Rockville, Starbucks! 2 Boosted VQs + stock VQs, RX-8, Boosted Supras, C6 z06, boosted MR2's, and 1-2 Civics.

Ben (sins4u) and I tried to do a mini-run on route 7 which didn't last too long because I'm a noobsauce in drag racing and spun tires all through the top of 3rd.

We got on 495 N. and veered left off onto 270 going toward Rockville. Rolling 10+ cars deep, loud exhausts, ricers everywhere! 2 Supras and I were at the front of the pack traveling roughly 55-60mph changing lanes to hit up the Rockville exit; those that were further back all of a sudden snapped into "Rice Mode" and starts to GUN IT on the left lane.

*ZoOoOOM!!!* I see Umzzz flying by me, followed by the black Z06, Ted in his RX-8, a few other Z guys and the Civic. They flew by me doing twice my speed, roughly 110-120mph. Little did they know... a little black crown vic. came rushing behind them doing roughly 100mph as well.

Next thing you know:

Umzzz gets unFunction:TUNED!! caught going 110mph!

Suddenly... out of no where, 2-3 other cop cars immediately came rushing in chasing the rest of the crew. Black Z06 driver decides to run for it and takes the first exit off the ramp. RX-8 was following close behind him w/ the cop on his tail but decides to split apart from the Z06 and go straight instead.

Ted thinks to himself: "HmM.. ok the Z06 took a right.. that cop is behind us... I'm going to go.. STRAIGHT.. therefore he can't catch BOTH of us... "

He then decides to take next exit. Luckily he had equipped himself with superior suspension mods and was able to out-handle the cop through the turns and luckily got away as well!

Umzzz was also very fortunate in this incident because the cop let him go doing 110mph. The cop was a young guy, probably knew what we were doing so just gave Umzzz a verbal warning.

Arrival @ Starbucks: Race for Money Anyone?!?!
As if that wasn't enough, we decided to get ourselves into a little more trouble that night.

Crowds start to gather around one of our guys, black z06...

Here is some ricer that got in my photo, can anyone guess who this is?

a Spanish dude comes up and points @ the Z06 owner and asks him.. "Hey.. you wanna race mang?! I wanna race the Corvette... what chu got mang?"

Z06 owner responds with, "Sure I'll race you man"
"$100 bucks?"
"Yeah sure, what you got?"
"Honda Civic"
*crowd whispers* "it's the blue Civic... I hear that thing got 530whp..."
Civic guy: "My friend wanna race that Supra.. that white one... you wanna race too?"
Ben (White Supra Owner) "Sure I'll race"

The "friend's" Civic:

The blue civic:

So the Z06 owner goes up to the Blue Civic guy and picks a race w/ him. The guy seemed hesitant after asking him, "What mods do you have? You have boost?"

Z06, "Yeah man.. I got boost, I got juice, I got NOS, you name it I got it! These little birdies flying around tell me you're fast, common dude, let's race! I know you're faster than me... what do you gotta be scared of now?" basically taunting him which makes him insecure about the outcome of the race.

Both the Civic dudes back out at the last minute... no race!!! We stood around for 30 mins in the cold trying to start some chit, and nada!

Ok, enough storytime for now, time to tune in to our regularly scheduled Ricing.

How to live your life a Rice Bowl at a time:
I uncovered some "spy shots" of Ricers in their daily lives, can you guess who these people are?

Here is a Ricer in his Driving Improvement Class. Obviously if you're a ricer, you must "rice it out" everywhere you go:

If you guys haven't tried Pho before, I suggest you go do that immediately. You are not a ricer unless you have eaten PHO!

In order to be 100% rice approved, you must know how to perform an "Asian Squat" WHILE eating out of a rice bowl. To receive more rice points, you must be using chopsticks. In order to achieve a mastery level of rice'ness + chopstick using abilities, you must be able to eat chicken with chopsticks... using a rice bowl.

Conclusion:
You must carry around chopsticks and some sort of "bowl," squatting is optional but I hear only certain people can do it correctly.

How to unFunction ones self, Ricer Style!!:
The cat's out of the bag (for those who went to the meet), I admit it, I am a ricer. So recently I got some brand spankin' new tires mounted in the rears. Keep in mind these are SUMMER tires. Anyways, I just got out of work (had left it in high boost from the night before) and was driving home. (roughly 2 miles away) I had to change to the right lane to make a right coming up. There was a Civic next to me on the right, and a BMW in the front so I had to switch over infront of the Civic. This was right after the light turned green so I had to push it a bit in order to get infront of the Civic. I was traveling 35-40mph in 2nd gear (400 ft. lbs torque, full spool), changed lanes infront of the Civic... tires un-warmed, ZERO traction. I changed lanes just fine until I had to point the steering straight again... somehow the back end broke out. Fish tailed left... fish tailed right, fish tailed left, fish tailed right... felt like I was fish tailing forever! I managed to remain in the middle lane the whole time, never really veering off into anyone else's lane until sudden the car whips out and I see myself going sideways with my nose pointed toward the BMW's front fender:

The damage itself on the BMW was very minimal: simply pushed her fender in a bit along with a few scratches. Luckily this all happened under 35mph and no one was hurt.

Me getting unFunction:TUNED:

As I sat there, I saw a rack of people on the forums drive by! Goofy sends me a txt msg, I spot 05-Z driving by, and as I was pulling away, I see djParis and a few other heads from the forums in a SUV going to go see a "Z06 that caught on fire!" Little did I know, the Z06 they were talking about was the one from the night before!

Somehow... his entire car caught on fire! (undisclosed details) You can ask me personally if you really want to know. BTW, does anyone have pictures of that? I know it's floating somewhere on the internet and on various other forums.

unFunction:TUNING @ Toys 4 Tots Day:
Here is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to purchase MDRicer's burnt out tires! Autographed and signed by the MDRicer himself if requested. Paypal him $300 for this special deal:

At Function:TUNED, we know how to have fun! For those that left after the fire house, this is what you missed out on!

in other news...

Amber (SIL350) gets unFunctionTUNED! Caught on TAPE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuq01qQ8mmo

in other news...

Alberto gets unFunction:TUNED

If you guys didn't know, during Z DayZ, Alberto managed to blow the welds off his intake manifold, luckily his floor pan is still intact. (For those who are wondering, his piston rings aren't fried yet) However, last night he blew the welds off his plastic "T" shaped vacuum thingamabobber which sent his vacuum to zero and he came limping back into the shop:

Alberto unFunctions himself: but luckily it was just a vacuum line which he quickly fixed and ultimately reFunction:TUNES himself.

Mike gets unFunction:TUNED:

After a series of drifts and donuts, the outcome was this:

Tuna (the shop pup) gets unFunction:TUNED

The best part: More to come!!! Stay subscribed - I'm just too lazy to write the rest, but stay... TUNED

Edit: go to page 3 for some classic Mid-A Pimpology 101!

Last edited by abui01; 12-04-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL.. I need some spacers in the rear!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:07 AM
VTMustard

HAHA good read Ahn...Maybe I should have stuck around after Toys-4-Tots!

Subscribing...!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1 - Ahn has a striking resemblance to Edward Scissorhands
2 - lol
3 - Pho is da ****./
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 AM
djParis
Retired Racer

Default Rice Update

For those that were there that night........The Z06 went up in flames on the way home. Needless to say he would have "smoked" the civic.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:40 AM
mdracer76
Banned

OMG! damn.. I know the owner! that was the first Z06 I had ever ridden in! .. It was a BEAST.. RIP!

Have they determined the cause?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 AM
ajcool2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Tell me thats a joke!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:50 AM
jimmyloose

That must have been a hot fire...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:51 AM
djParis
Retired Racer

No joke. The Esurance fire investigator said it started in the dry sump oil system. I dont think it did, because I was in front of him and heard the engine blow. I think it was a fuel fire.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see Nitrous lines (I keed I keed)
Old 12-03-2007, 08:00 AM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by djParis
No joke. The Esurance fire investigator said it started in the dry sump oil system. I dont think it did, because I was in front of him and heard the engine blow. I think it was a fuel fire.
Damn such a beautiful car. It hurts seeing something like that.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:05 AM
djParis
Retired Racer

Yeah that car is bad ***. Probably the fastest thing I have ever driven/drifted/ridden in. I've been new car shopping with the owner and he has pretty much narrowed the selection to 04-06 Gallardos, 07-08 GT3s, 08 M6, possibly 08 911 Turbo. Any suggestions would be appreciated for sure.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:10 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

hahaha man i cant believe you got that pic of me pulled over while driving...you're such a ricer!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
C5_vette

haha nice write up Rice King
Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by djParis
Yeah that car is bad ***. Probably the fastest thing I have ever driven/drifted/ridden in. I've been new car shopping with the owner and he has pretty much narrowed the selection to 04-06 Gallardos, 07-08 GT3s, 08 M6, possibly 08 911 Turbo. Any suggestions would be appreciated for sure.
Well, my 08 911 Turbo had some shifter issues which ruined a pretty much perfect car. Now, that wasn't as bad as my 05 Gallardo that car had severe fuel delivery issues and tire feathering. I would go with the 08 GT3, because I don't want the guy having the same car as my 08 M6.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:58 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's only 1 Gallarado, everything else you can get a cheap imitation of for 40k
Old 12-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL great story telling and pics....sad to see that Z06 like that
Old 12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
GQ 350z

Man I love your threads lmao
Old 12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
djParis
Retired Racer

Originally Posted by KManZ
Well, my 08 911 Turbo had some shifter issues which ruined a pretty much perfect car. Now, that wasn't as bad as my 05 Gallardo that car had severe fuel delivery issues and tire feathering. I would go with the 08 GT3, because I don't want the guy having the same car as my 08 M6.
Yeah I know seriously. He was going to get an Enzo, but it just wasnt baller enough. I wish i had money to blow on a car .
Old 12-03-2007, 09:18 AM
shocka04

damn, looks like i missed out on a lot after we dropped off the toys. but i had to head home, i got pretty drunk on friday night and left my house at 9 to come over to the meet so i was ready to get home

Quick Reply: Living your Life a Rice Bowl at a time: 4 those few bites Im unFunction:TUNED Chap. 4