Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

PTUNING: 4-wheel Alignment Special for December

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 06:46 AM
MrC@Ptuning

Default PTUNING: 4-wheel Alignment Special for December

Four-wheel alignment Special ($99):
----------------------------------
-Get your alignments done right the first time.

-This special is for the 350z/G35 only (Other makes and model not applicable)

-The appointment must be schedule for a day between Dec.10,2007 to January 5, 2008.

-Your choice of alignment spec (Factory-spec, Custom-spec)

-The suspension adjustments bolts must be adjustable to your spec. (i.e. don't ask us to dial in -3.5 deg of camber when your factory bolts only allow -1.5)

-Additional charges may apply for adjustment of non-factory suspension components (spherical suspension arms, bump-steer kit, etc.).

-Not applicable with any other discounts or promotions

Please call us @ 703.257.1728 or toll free (877) 788-6464 to schedule an appointment. Please don't PM me to schedule an appointment, but you may PM me if you have questions.

Thanks,
MrC
Old 12-10-2007 | 07:09 AM
abui01

I'm your first customer on this one! Going for round... 7 this year! =)
Old 12-10-2007 | 07:23 AM
Driven1
Professional

Any cornerbalancing specials to go with it?
Old 12-10-2007 | 07:55 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Hmmm, I need my suspension squared up-thinking about going back to factory traction arms, and using aftermarket camber arms/eccentric bolts to realign. My car on slicks pulls HARD to the left WOT, decel it pulls back right. Done this before? The wheelbase needs to be measured and adjusted back to even (Stock). I realize additional charges will apply.

Sucks though cuz the latest alignment you guys gave me was awesome...
Old 12-10-2007 | 08:13 AM
WASHWIZ

That sux had my alignment done there last Tuesday. Good shop and great customer service.
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Driven1
+1!! I want to know as well!
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:47 AM
light

got my aligment done there, my car handles better now, thanks. !
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:21 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

ah.. i need this one..
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:24 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

i'll need one when I get my wheels
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:24 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Driven1
Doubtful... it might take too much time.. and we know they don't stay late.
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:42 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Got my alignment there this past spring. They also installed my SBC camber/toe kit and were able to get my rear toe and camber back to OEM spec.

Before

After

Old 12-10-2007 | 11:45 AM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Originally Posted by mdracer76
PTuning is an awesome shop, great customer service, and their aligenments and tire mounting is the best in the area. Extreamly happy with the work they did on my Z last week.

Like any shop they have apointments set up throughout normal business hours for their clients. If you happened to miss it, you can't get bent outta shape. Things happen, we know, and I'm sure Ptuning would have accomadated you and got you in their next open spot.
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:46 AM
shocka04

damn mike, your never gonna let that one down are ya?
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:56 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by shocka04
damn mike, your never gonna let that one down are ya?
Yeah he still has sand in his vajayjay over it.
Old 12-10-2007 | 12:50 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Yeah he still has sand in his vajayjay over it.

You bet. They had their shot to:

A: Do it the first time like they said they would when I started to drive down there.

B: Offer good customer service when I complained about it, instead no "Sorry.. we screwed up and told you to come down.. when we should not have."

So.. yea.. they don't get the Mike seal of approval. I wont take my car to anyone that is not willing to go the extra mile like I do. I work 12 hour days and weekends at my job... its called passion... they clearly lack it.
Old 12-10-2007 | 01:30 PM
MrC@Ptuning

You bet. They had their shot to:

A: Do it the first time like they said they would when I started to drive down there.

B: Offer good customer service when I complained about it, instead no "Sorry.. we screwed up and told you to come down.. when we should not have."

So.. yea.. they don't get the Mike seal of approval. I wont take my car to anyone that is not willing to go the extra mile like I do. I work 12 hour days and weekends at my job... its called passion... they clearly lack it.
Mdracer76,

I think it's time for us to move on...If you need another alignment this is the perfect opportunity to check out our facility and then make your final judgement on our customer service.

MrC
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Damn-Mr.C answered Mikes whining a$$ and not me!
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:34 AM
MrC@Ptuning

Originally Posted by Alberto
Damn-Mr.C answered Mikes whining a$$ and not me!
Sorry Alberto, what have you upgraded on your suspension since the last ime you had an aligmnent from us. If you change out the traction arm, there's a chance that you have set-back on one or more of the wheels (i.e. the the wheel base on one side is greater than the other side. But then again, it could be just your toe is off on the front or rear, which changes the thrust angle.

There could be a variety of things that could be causing your problem--worn bushings, loose camber-toe bolts from those hard drag launches, which can all contribute to undesirable active-toe angle changes under accleration and deceleration. You might want to do a visual inspection to see if there's any adjustment bolts loose or you may just need another alignment and we can expect the bolts for you and let you know what we find that might be causing the problem--the alignment may just be off.

MrC
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MrC@Ptuning
Sorry Alberto, what have you upgraded on your suspension since the last ime you had an aligmnent from us. If you change out the traction arm, there's a chance that you have set-back on one or more of the wheels (i.e. the the wheel base on one side is greater than the other side. But then again, it could be just your toe is off on the front or rear, which changes the thrust angle.

There could be a variety of things that could be causing your problem--worn bushings, loose camber-toe bolts from those hard drag launches, which can all contribute to undesirable active-toe angle changes under accleration and deceleration. You might want to do a visual inspection to see if there's any adjustment bolts loose or you may just need another alignment and we can expect the bolts for you and let you know what we find that might be causing the problem--the alignment may just be off.

MrC
I havent changed anything since my last alignment from you guys-I forgot the guys name that tunes/aligns the cars-maybe your him lol.

He did an awesome job on my custom alignment-which ended up with -1.1 negative camber to help with traction and within stock toe specs.

Ive heard from a racing team in CO-who has a 10 sec Z-that they had the same issue I am having-what you call "set back". They set the wheelbase the same on both sides, re-aligned the car and bingo-problem solved. Let em note this problem only occurs on slicks, no ton the street at all.

The way I see it, I could either have you guys set the wheelbase (by adjusting traction arms) and realign, or eliminate the aftermarket traction rods at the expense of less possible adjustment and go that route.

Rear suspension set-up is camber/traction arms AND eccentric bolts. Thanks for any info and your time. Id love to be able to stay WOT the entire run and finally see 10's on low boost