Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

New 350Z owner in NOVA

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Shenanigans350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by runz
Welcome and congratz on your new Z!! if you surf this forum too much the mod bug will bite!

The mod bug has already started to bite...actually it started pretty soon after I drove away from the dealership. Hopefully, i'll get some stuff done in time for the warm weather.

As for a picture....of my car. Here are some I got from the dealership.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
JohnnyB350Z

Niiiiice, Ive always loved that blue. I stumbled across my chrome silver and fell in love, but i have to say, blue woulda been my next choice. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Welcome Shannon! Even though it doesn't happen until May you should look into the 2008 ZDAYZ thread. A yearly happening near Fontana Dam, NC but booking a room at the Fontana Village Resort is happening NOW!

Being in NOVA is the place to be in the Mid-A (besides the Richmond area ), lots of meets and great shops....oh yeah, and great peeps.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Zspic87

welcome im 1 minute from landmark shopping center and ive been in this forum for about ayear also and never met any fellow z owners, im down for a z meet anytime soon
Old 01-01-2008, 12:30 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. Drag racing and autocross are over for me for the season. Come spring there will be plenty of opportunities for some 350Z fun.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:56 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

watch out for RSX's ...lol
Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 AM
Shenanigans350Z

Thanks everyone for all the good info!!! I'm really looking foward to meeting you all soon.

I gotta tell you, my boyfriend drives a Mustang GT and our friends have an EVO 8 and an S2000. I've gone to alot of events with them, but nothing has every impressed me more than the 350Z. Seems like the 350z community is just as great.

Thanks!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Shenanigans350Z
Thanks everyone for all the good info!!! I'm really looking foward to meeting you all soon.

I gotta tell you, my boyfriend drives a Mustang GT and our friends have an EVO 8 and an S2000. I've gone to alot of events with them, but nothing has every impressed me more than the 350Z. Seems like the 350z community is just as great.

Thanks!!
Im sure noone would mind if they came along to the meets as well, just prepare them for a pretty good amount of boosted Z's running around.

V8's FTL. I keed I keed.

Most of us appreciate ALL kinds of nice vehicles.

NICE color btw.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by Driven1
Im sure noone would mind if they came along to the meets as well, just prepare them for a pretty good amount of boosted Z's running around.

V8's FTL. I keed I keed.

Most of us appreciate ALL kinds of nice vehicles.
NICE color btw.

Anything that can run 12.99 or faster in the 1/4 mile is good in my book. Performance in a road course is a plus also.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

boosted z's are the way to go. lol
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 AM
VTMustard

Welcome to the community Shannon! There are alot of great and knowledgeable people in this region...as well as some really kicka$$ shops! Once the weather starts to get a little warmer (as many people have said before) there will be many oppurtunities to meet people in community! My advice, get to know the guys at Function: Tuned and Car Toyz 2 (haven't been to latter yet, but I have heard nothing but good things)...both these places do quality work and most of the members in this region seem to go to them for everything Z related...I met most of the people in the region by going to FT sponsored events, so you'll at least meet a slue of great people!

Huh, you live close to seminary rd...you know, I never see any Z's in that area and I am down there every weekend...weird!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Shenanigans350Z

Angry

Originally Posted by VTMustard
Welcome to the community Shannon! There are alot of great and knowledgeable people in this region...as well as some really kicka$$ shops! Once the weather starts to get a little warmer (as many people have said before) there will be many oppurtunities to meet people in community! My advice, get to know the guys at Function: Tuned and Car Toyz 2 (haven't been to latter yet, but I have heard nothing but good things)...both these places do quality work and most of the members in this region seem to go to them for everything Z related...I met most of the people in the region by going to FT sponsored events, so you'll at least meet a slue of great people!

Huh, you live close to seminary rd...you know, I never see any Z's in that area and I am down there every weekend...weird!
Thanks for the info!! You probably never see me cause I don't like to drive around there. I could have sworn a cop was following me the other day and I'm kinda paranoid cause I was pulled over driving a Jetta a few weeks back...so its not my favorite neighborhood to drive in. I was only going about ten over the speed limit when they snatched me. The good news is, I only got a warning in the Jetta. Don't think I'll have the same luck in my Z. My new moto is to keep my speed at 40mph around those parts. Something tells me the one time I slip up...they'll be waiting. I'm from MD and the fines are alot cheaper there...so i took my chances, not anymore though. I heard VA has a hefty penalty for speeding
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shenanigans350Z
Thanks for the info!! You probably never see me cause I don't like to drive around there. I could have sworn a cop was following me the other day and I'm kinda paranoid cause I was pulled over driving a Jetta a few weeks back...so its not my favorite neighborhood to drive in. I was only going about ten over the speed limit when they snatched me. The good news is, I only got a warning in the Jetta. Don't think I'll have the same luck in my Z. My new moto is to keep my speed at 40mph around those parts. Something tells me the one time I slip up...they'll be waiting. I'm from MD and the fines are alot cheaper there...so i took my chances, not anymore though. I heard VA has a hefty penalty for speeding
You're totally right! I'm from Baltimore county myself and now living Fairfax county. I got a "Failed to yield" ticket because I didn't make a complete stop (I paused) when making a right turn at a red light and got myself a $300+ ticket! Now I'm obeying every single traffic law possible in the area until I'm out of Fairfax county.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM
mdracer76
Banned

http://pistolwhip.ytmnd.com/
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

fairfax is not the place to be at all. did you know that fairfax county has the most traffic convictions in the country!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by mdracer76

Surprised you haven't asked for a pic yet. lol
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Surprised you haven't asked for a pic yet. lol
I already have the most beautiful, wonderful woman in the world. My leg humping days are over
Old 01-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I already have the most beautiful, wonderful woman in the world. My leg humping days are over

This can't be! What are we to do?! I am at a loss for words! Who is going to leg hump now!? You always need something for......ok well I'll keep this thread on topic. lol

Welcome again ShannaniganZ (yes, I fail at spelling).

Last edited by Driven1; 01-02-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 AM
mdracer76
Banned

This can't be! What are we to do?! I am at a loss for words! Who is going to leg hump now!? You always need something for......ok well I'll keep this thread on topic. lol

Welcome again ShannaniganZ (yes, I fail at spelling).
LOL !

and Welcome to the Mid-A Shannon!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
VTMustard

Originally Posted by TeAm PrOSpEc
fairfax is not the place to be at all. did you know that fairfax county has the most traffic convictions in the country!
Huh that would explain it then, why I don't see nearly as many Z's, when I go into FFX County! Sorry for getting off topic...resume with the welcomes!

Quick Reply: New 350Z owner in NOVA