Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Usmm/usmc

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mifastZ

And where would you guys be without the AC-130 Gunship???? (The Air Force Owns This)

* 1× 25 mm (0.984 in) GAU-12/U Equalizer gatling gun
* 1× 40 mm L60 Bofors cannon
* 1× 105 mm M102 howitzer

I can think of a couple of people I know that would still be alive due to not getting hit by "friendly fire". There is a reason we prefer Marine Air for close air support.

And about the earlier comment, after 18 years, and 3 joint tours, officer and enlisted, I think I know enough not to be "brainwashed" and know the differences, strengths, and weaknesses of all the services.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:26 PM
mifastZ

Friendly Fire is every Branches fault. Even the Marines Air Support makes mistakes.

Also some believe it or not, there are some people who don't respect other Branches and think theirs is the best.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

I agree... but if you look @ the casualties report every month; the Army takes the top every month. Every branch does play their part... that is true but all I'm saying is the Army is just doing a little bit more this war. The only reason I say that is because, When was the last time you took a look at the war roster and seen how many BN are deployed from the army in comparison to all other branches. Normally it would be the Marine Corps but this war is all Army!