Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Function:TUNED: We tattle on ourselves...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:57 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL @ Karl always on point
Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
LOL @ Karl always on point

oops sorry ... haven't use this one in a while and I got a little trigger happy.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:14 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by ajcool2
This is the type of customer service I love. I'm a very honest person myself and finding an honest shop is hard to do these days since everyone seems to be out to get money no matter what. So far from what I've seen from FT I'd bring any of my cars to you all to have work done anytime. If only they worked on maximas too.
We do we do! Actually I'm putting an SSV intake manifold on an '03 tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats why I trust Dave in working on my car when I need help with it. I can rest assured it will be taken care of, and that the work will be done correctly. Mistakes are bound to happen, more shops should take a lesson from this. I can think of MANY shops who would have done anything possible to keep this on the DL and off the forums-instead Dave posts about it. Good stuff.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by 617G
No, I understand what you're saying. But look at it this way. To those that don't know Dave, it looks like he's playing himself up. To those that know him, they understand where he's coming from. But, if this was directed at those who know him already, then it was unnecessary because they obviously already know the type of person he is. Does that make sense?

I guess I'm just the type of person that respects quiet integrity. Usually public apologies are based on ulterior motives.

But, having said that, you guys seem lucky to have a shop like that in your neighborhood
IMO, I read those PM's as almost threatening. All the mentioning of "not telling anyone" and mentioning "how devastating it can be to a new company". I just found it as odd. Not something I would do if I was trying to discuss things in a professional manner. Did anyone else see this or is it just me?

Reputable upstanding people are hard to find and being a relatively new shop it's always good to hear the good and the bad and the end result. Often when the bad arises people focus on that and ignore the fix and solution to the problem.

I also found it odd that all those preceeded his sale of the item in the regional FS forum. So he was trying to sell something he admitted to functioning well and trying to get imo a relatively high price on and he had already contacted Dave about it being "usless and a possible major problem down the road"?

Last edited by Driven1; 01-31-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Seeyou in a couple hours.
Hey Keith, let me know what numbers you make at 9 psi. Can't wait to see your setup at the next track day or the next columbia meet.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 AM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
We do we do! Actually I'm putting an SSV intake manifold on an '03 tomorrow.
Well I have somethings I might want want you to setup for me once I get the last few parts.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 AM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
Hey Keith, let me know what numbers you make at 9 psi. Can't wait to see your setup at the next track day or the next columbia meet.
So how's your twin setup feeling compared to your SC'er?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by ajcool2
So how's your twin setup feeling compared to your SC'er?
man, supercharger doesn't even come close. It was fast, but twin turbo is so much more fun. If only I had gone twins from the start. I could have been built right now with the amount of money it cost to switch over.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

props to Function tuned.

never met u yet dave but juan is a good guy and knows his ****.. and props to u dave for helping me and my friends fix the stupid prob on armandos car after we put his headers on hahahahha!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:50 AM
terps

Ive learned my lesson with other shops, Function:TUNED is the ONLY SHOP im going to bring my car to in the area for engine work. i took my car to another shop down the road from me, for some simple eletrical work and it left on a flat bed . Im vary particular with the way my car is worked on and i have no problems with the way things are done there. i appreciate thier openness and the extent dave goes to make things work. Most shops probably think im a dick becuase of how **** i am about the quality of work. Dave surpasses the expectation.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driven1
IMO, I read those PM's as almost threatening. All the mentioning of "not telling anyone" and mentioning "how devastating it can be to a new company". I just found it as odd. Not something I would do if I was trying to discuss things in a professional manner. Did anyone else see this or is it just me?

I also found it odd that all those preceeded his sale of the item in the regional FS forum. So he was trying to sell something he admitted to functioning well and trying to get imo a relatively high price on and he had already contacted Dave about it being "usless and a possible major problem down the road"?
Hahaha, funny you pointed that out because I saw the same thing! If this was strictly a complaint over a product and an "A and B" conversation, then why was it necessary to add in: "how devastating it can be to a new company?" (implying it can only be "devastating" if and only if a third party may possibly be involved) This leads to the question: what is the psychological and end goal/purpose of this statement if not a threat? If I was a shop, it would have translated, "Hey buddy, I have your product here that blew up on me.. you better fix it OR ELSE I'm gonna make a THREAD in Mid-A... and make your mistakes public if you don't fix it sucka!!!" Because we all know what happens when threads pop-up about other companies around here in Mid-A that don't fix stuff.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Gooey

+1 props! If I decide to keep the Z I will definately drop it off sometime in the near future for some boost, weather it be nitrous oxide, supercharger, or turbos, I know it will be in good hands!
Now only if I can take care of some customer service myself

Really big props, I'm not much of a talker but spending almost 9 hours a day on these hotlines and phone lines, dealing with impatient shops who order the wrong parts everyday, it is a very frustrating job. Big props to anyone who can give out great customer service. Sometimes I just feel like blowing up because of these phone lines ringing...
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

edit, I am going to be the bigger man here and not post what is on my mind. Dave knew my true intentions of the message
Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much tension here!!!! We all need to take a....

Old 01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by bb1314
Too much tension here!!!! We all need to take a....

damn man 250,000 mg haha you trying to get half the Mid-A f*cked up? let's party haha j/p.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Gooey

is that the actual size?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

Originally Posted by abui01
Hahaha, funny you pointed that out because I saw the same thing! If this was strictly a complaint over a product and an "A and B" conversation, then why was it necessary to add in: "how devastating it can be to a new company?" (implying it can only be "devastating" if and only if a third party may possibly be involved) This leads to the question: what is the psychological and end goal/purpose of this statement if not a threat? If I was a shop, it would have translated, "Hey buddy, I have your product here that blew up on me.. you better fix it OR ELSE I'm gonna make a THREAD in Mid-A... and make your mistakes public if you don't fix it sucka!!!" Because we all know what happens when threads pop-up about other companies around here in Mid-A that don't fix stuff.

they stay open for a very informative and fair discussion of the situation?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:13 PM
memphis350z

very respectable function:tuned....when the time comes i will turn to you guys for fi help
Old 01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
edit, I am going to be the bigger man here and not post what is on my mind. Dave knew my true intentions of the message
Well, I think some of us were waiting for some of your input to the problem and resolution. Who told you this? What ever happened to the wiring that was about to break? You know....your opinion.

Quick Reply: Function:TUNED: We tattle on ourselves...