Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

It's Done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats the coolest post of the day YOU THE MAN

No one here should care what anyone out of the region has to say, since we will never ever see you face to face (in most instances) Mid-A'ers see each other on a reg basis so we tend to give a damn within the region usually.

I do like the ARP splitter, maybe it sticks out a little far? it's not my car!

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 02-11-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
wow thats the coolest post of the day YOU THE MAN!

No one here should care what anyone out of the region has to say, since we will never ever see you face to face (in most instances) Mid-A'ers see each other on a reg basis so we tend to give a damn within the region usually.

Thanks.. All i was saying was.. For the love of baby Jesus please move that lip back!!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Thanks.. All i was saying was.. For the love of baby Jesus please move that lip back!!
+1... That lip needs to move back. You can clearly see that it's sitting too far out by looking at the corner area. There's a difference between being unique and simply incorrect installation.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

LOL nice baby jesus man, now that makes me laugh wow (really serious)
Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

OP He's right about the HID headlights.. The only reason I painted that part is because when I went to tape the reflector, I pulled the tape off and the chrome part came off with the tape. Not cool! So I had to paint the whole thing. The lights look really jacked up in the Pict @ night, I should have waited to post a daytime Pict but that will be taken care of this afternoon! :0 but thanks for the constructive criticism
Old 02-11-2008, 08:38 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

Originally Posted by bb1314
+1... That lip needs to move back. You can clearly see that it's sitting too far out by looking at the corner area. There's a difference between being unique and simply incorrect installation.
What!... dude you dont know what the hell your talking about with incorrect installation .... the rear of the lip is supposed to sit flush with the rear of the bumper, right where the wheel well starts. But I take it that you've done so many wind splitter installations you would know better then me hu!.... Dick!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Please say your fixing the splitter OP.. For the love of Baby Jesus!!!!

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-11-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

OP ~ I really worry about you seeing and being seen at night with those headlights, with anything you do, safety should be #1 at the end of the day. I dunno how you are going to resurrect those headlights at this point. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Rowlett

Looks A lil Odd, IMO, If you wanted that style Spliter Should of gone with Stillen...Fits the OEM bumper better...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Gooey

so much cleaner and better ^

To the OP: Plz dont post up pics of your car if you cant take the critism. That splitter looks horrible on your car. It may just be the isntallation or it may just be the design.
Just learn to deal with it. Some will hate and some will like.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Baby Jesus approves this lip install!!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

^-----Ahhh I like the APR one better.... also the one I have looks way bigger then the stillen one. If I were to push that lip back any further it would rub my tires!
as far as the headlights go, Im in the process of buy the 06-07 headlights or just putting driving light behind the grill. I havent made up my mind.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by TeAm PrOSpEc
What!... dude you dont know what the hell your talking about with incorrect installation .... the rear of the lip is supposed to sit flush with the rear of the bumper, right where the wheel well starts. But I take it that you've done so many wind splitter installations you would know better then me hu!.... Dick!
Calmn down bro. Name calling really isn't going to help the situation here. We're all just giving you constructive feedbacks. I know I don't work at a body shop or anything but I do have a lot of common sense being an engineer. Obviously I wasn't the only one that pointed out about the splitter sitting too far out. So I don't know why I'm the only one that gets the "Dick" comment.

Looking at this pic and see the gaps that I'm talking (see the red arrows)

Maybe it's just a horrible angle or maybe the windsplitter really needs to sit back a little more? Take my comment or leave it as is and thank God that people even care.

Last edited by bb1314; 02-11-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Gooey

Ill get you new ones for $600 a piece
Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by TeAm PrOSpEc
^-----Ahhh I like the APR one better.... also the one I have looks way bigger then the stillen one. If I were to push that lip back any further it would rub my tires!
as far as the headlights go, Im in the process of buy the 06-07 headlights or just putting driving light behind the grill. I havent made up my mind.

Not sure how it would hit ur tires unless you take pics of it from the side so we can see..

Baby Jesus loves you OP..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-11-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FORZWIN
I think the arguement on the HID's is not that you do not have them, but that due to the projector design the chrome reflectors are essential to the light dispersion properties of those head lamps. The 06's use a true prjector setup where all of the light is forced through the projector lens.

Our 03-05's simply have a projector "lens" that happens to sit infront of all that light...part of the reason our cars have no defined cut off...

The point of my short story is that by painting your entire headlight housing you drastically reduce the amount of light output from your healights, but if you drive in the day time or just want "that look" than more power to you, and I wish you the best of luck in your travels...
+1 ... Exactly what I was getting at.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

I'm loving the baby Jesus' everywhere today LMFAO!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
VTMustard

I am not going to hate on this (I have no reason to, you made it your own) but I will offer my opinion!

I am a big fan of wind splitters and the APR is no exception. My concern with how it LOOKS on your ride, has to mainly do with the design on the stock front bumper. Since the bumper tappers back under it gives the appearance that the splitter is sticking out too far (although it probably isn't) In addition, I think there seems to be groove between the splitter and the tappered portion of the bumper cover, I am not much of a physicist but you are going to creating drag throughout the length of the bumper in that area. This is only speculation though, daytime pics from the side would probably make this evident if thats the case. My suggestion would be to have a small lip molded in that area to offer a cleaner transition from the stock cover to the splitter and also to make the base of the bumper cover more stream line.

As for the head lights, I am taking a guess you painted them to match the CS. I kinda like them actually, they are very unique, Good job. Could you post up pics of them with them on; kinda of curious if they look similiar to blacking the housing out.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Not sure how it would hit ur tires unless you take pics of it from the side so we can see..

Well jay skeet.... it's the angle, I'll take a nother photo as I said before. ooh "never question bb...." <--- hop off his dick..