Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

COX vs. COMCAST....what's better

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
ral
Z-BIRU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had problem with Comcast before.. Now, I'm using *** and I still have some issues.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My comcast bill just went up like 25 bucks, I have no clue why, its listed under the TV service so its not the fees, taxes or other BS, just straight up digital tv + movie channels, and list the price 25 bucks more then last month.

Did comcast's prices rise?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:12 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by jeffie7
My comcast bill just went up like 25 bucks, I have no clue why, its listed under the TV service so its not the fees, taxes or other BS, just straight up digital tv + movie channels, and list the price 25 bucks more then last month.

Did comcast's prices rise?
You might want to give them guys at comcast a holler because my bill always remains the same. I'll tell ya what though, i am getting some channels on one TV in the house that I am not getting on the other....but those channels are coming in free of charge. I check the bill. so, thats the best thing I can say about them. But the still suck.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Armando

they both suck
Old 02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
I love ***

You dont wanna say that around certain people...not that theres anything wrong with it LMAO!

Did I do that right Karl?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

Do Not Go With Comcast!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
You might want to give them guys at comcast a holler because my bill always remains the same. I'll tell ya what though, i am getting some channels on one TV in the house that I am not getting on the other....but those channels are coming in free of charge. I check the bill. so, thats the best thing I can say about them. But the still suck.
I called them up, turns out my last bill was the same I just never noticed (auto pay) I started out at like 90 bucks for TV, internet, HD box, and a movie package, a few months back my tv package deal ended and the bill went to 125 and the last two months 147 I asked them today on the phone for the price of the movie package, she told me she couldn't tell me since it was a total package... so I asked her to build me a new package with everything I have - the movies, turns out she was able to do that, and the cost with out the movies is 91.00 so turns out my movie package cost me over 40.00 a month. WTF! I watch 1-2 movies a month on there, sometimes they have a bunch of good movies and I'll watch 4-5 movies, however NO WAY do I come close to $40.00 worth of movies, no friggin way.

net flix here I come,

P.S how is it they can charge $4.99 for on demand movies? both HD and non HD...
Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by jeffie7
P.S how is it they can charge $4.99 for on demand movies? both HD and non HD...
That doesn't make sense....but maybe the HD is for people who have HD ready TVs and the non HD is for the people who are still living in the 90s. LOL! Sorry for those of you with no HD....but you MUST get it. It's Greeeeeaat. Sports and movies in HD with a decent surround sound system is great. You'll probably go to alot less movies in the theater.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 AM
tmounk

I moved from fairfax to gainesville, and the only internet service availible on my block is comcastic. So far I've been happy with the speed, *** is just a little faster not by much at all. When I had ***, I used to lose connection alot, which can be normal with cable. I haven't had any troubles with comcast so far. Plus, they have a three month promotion for $30 high speed and then doubles after that. Since I'm an online student, I really need the internet, but if money gets tight, there is no contract with comcast. I did have to buy a modem for comcast and that delayed installation a little where *** gave a free modem and installation was faster. I'm not going to tell you what to go with, just user input......
Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by tmounk
I moved from fairfax to gainesville, and the only internet service availible on my block is comcastic. So far I've been happy with the speed, *** is just a little faster not by much at all. When I had ***, I used to lose connection alot, which can be normal with cable. I haven't had any troubles with comcast so far. Plus, they have a three month promotion for $30 high speed and then doubles after that. Since I'm an online student, I really need the internet, but if money gets tight, there is no contract with comcast. I did have to buy a modem for comcast and that delayed installation a little where *** gave a free modem and installation was faster. I'm not going to tell you what to go with, just user input......
I think i might be stuck in the same boat as you man. i don't think they have *** in my neck of the woods in Reston. So hopefully Comcast is better out there than it is in in silver spring.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Directv FTMFW!! Comcast customer service is a J-O-K-E

just make sure your dish is reachable like mine (duct taped to the side of my trailer) so you can wipe of the snow

get the verizon nationwide broadband internet access $59/moth I think and just plug the port into any USB comp connection and istall the software (this is available for Mac's now)

I pay $74 a month for my HD directv plus three standard recievers in my other bedrooms it includes every movie channel, sports premium package, and something else hmmm it's been over a year. Excellent customer service and fair price. I must say that using Directv Vs. Comcast it's so much more user friendly and much faster to surf for exactly what you want. The only down side is no on-demand, but I really never used that much when I had cable.

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 02-21-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE

just make sure your dish is reachable like mine (duct taped to the side of my trailer) so you can wipe of the snow

get the verizon nationwide broadband internet access $59/moth I think and just plug the port into any USB comp connection and istall the software (this is available for Mac's now)

I pay $74 a month for my HD directv plus three standard recievers in my other bedrooms it includes every movie channel, sports premium package, and something else hmmm it's been over a year. Excellent customer service and fair price. I must say that using Directv Vs. Comcast it's so much more user friendly and much faster to surf for exactly what you want. The only down side is no on-demand, but I really never used that much when I had cable.
really? You don't get bad reception with a dish? And your internet is through verizon via direct tv right? I was gonna get direct tv before, but had too many trees in the wrong place.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
tmounk

No On demand does such, but then on demand wasn't all that great. If you had the DVR-HD reciever, you can search for movies, find the most viewed movie and then program it to record.. "HD". I have the HD box and one basic reciever.

From what your paying I must be getting ripped off or you have a some type of employee discount special.... I have the premium package and I'm paying around $78 for the first three months, then $100+ for the remaining year. I though the premium was suppose to come with all the channels, but I can't get the FOXHD channel along with the others. I don't even think I have the sports channels.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
tmounk

Originally Posted by cp2
I think i might be stuck in the same boat as you man. i don't think they have *** in my neck of the woods in Reston. So hopefully Comcast is better out there than it is in in silver spring.
That's crazy that you don't have *** in your area, the main building is on the intersection of mclearn and centreville rd, right down the street from Reston Herndon. But then that's how it is.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by tmounk
That's crazy that you don't have *** in your area, the main building is on the intersection of mclearn and centreville rd, right down the street from Reston Herndon. But then that's how it is.
OMFG that is ridiculous. How am I going to be that close and not be able to get ***? (I really don't like say *** LOL!!!) I might need to request that they expand their infrastructure.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

I have one large tree behind my house, then a thick line of trees at least 70' high that block I-95 from my view right in the southern sky and my signal strength is in the 90%'s. The Verizon internet is through Verizon, and can be added right to your cell bill (if you have Verizon wireless) if not it would still be $59/month and it's nationwide access anywhere you get a cell signal you get broadband internet.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...eless+pc+cards

We use the USB720, it's awesome and $30 if you get a verizon aircard make sure they waive the start up fee!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 02-21-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 AM
tmounk

Thumbs up

I have one large tree behind my house, then a thick line of trees at least 70' high that block I-95 from my view right in the southern sky and my signal strength is in the 90%'s. The Verizon internet is through Verizon, and can be added right to your cell bill (if you have Verizon wireless) if not it would still be $59/month and it's nationwide access anywhere you get a cell signal you get broadband internet.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...eless+pc+cards

We use the USB720, it's awesome and $30 if you get a verizon aircard make sure they waive the start up fee!!!!!!!!!
I wonder how much mbps you would get from verizon aircards. I was thinking the same thing, but then you would have to buy the card and I heard it was around $250. Also, I thought it was around $80 a month. The biggest advantage of having a air card would be that you have it in you car if you had a carputer.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:13 AM
MR_X

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
I worked for ***, they are good as far as service but customer service can bite. Comcast blows!
Is funny you mention that. I have *** and I hate it, so does every one in my complex. The internet is intermittent, channel selection sucks for $125, but customer service seems pretty good. When I had Comcast it was better and cheaper. Internet was faster also. I had the same channel selections as *** but I paid $75 for that. As far as customer service for Comcast, I don't know. I never had to deal with them because never had any issues.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
tmounk

I take back my good comments on ***, I cancelled my service in Dec and find out today that I had an outstanding balance due that they did not tell me when I cancelled. It has since reached the collection agency and they really don't care about anything else beside their money. I just bought a house and this is the last thing I need on my credit report to go to re-financing. *** cable can suck my ***.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
350Track

Comcast sucks ***. If you ever have a problem, they will tell you that it's on your end. Their policy is they have to send some jackass out to your house 6 times before they say their wiring blows as opposed to something wrong with your brand new $3K TV.
As far as their customer service, anything on the phone with them is a joke and when you call it will end up costing you a new phone like me because you get so damn angry your throw it against a wall. But...if you go in person to the local office, they are definitely a lot nicer and hook you up with all kinds of free stuff just so you'll get out of there. Got Free HBO, Showtime, Cinemax for a year because I live in Frederick and cable went out in the 9th inning of the last game of the Red Sox World Series. Went in to the office the next day w/ dynamite strapped around my stomach, got free premium stuff.

Quick Reply: COX vs. COMCAST....what's better