Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Live in NVA and want $300.00?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:32 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welp, update, the damn car has a chip in the key and wont beable to do anything other then unlock the car So I'm in the market for a repo man, we'll have to get the car towed to a honda dealership and have them program a key.

eucking fh

ohwell, she's willing to spend a good bit of money to get this car back since it means getting her 6K back or at least something in that area.

So repo man it is!

BTW FWIW, she's half Chinese, her last name is Ly so we're good to go. =) Also I'm not a first timer with the asians, so I'm ready for whatever comes my way, plus I tend to be more Asian then most Asians.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 AM
lek at ngc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Welp, update, the damn car has a chip in the key and wont beable to do anything other then unlock the car So I'm in the market for a repo man, we'll have to get the car towed to a honda dealership and have them program a key.

eucking fh

ohwell, she's willing to spend a good bit of money to get this car back since it means getting her 6K back or at least something in that area.

So repo man it is!

BTW FWIW, she's half Chinese, her last name is Ly so we're good to go. =) Also I'm not a first timer with the asians, so I'm ready for whatever comes my way, plus I tend to be more Asian then most Asians.
Trinh is definitely a girl's name. Are you sure this is a guy we're looking for? I asked my friends and there is no guy named Trinh. It's not interchangeable like perse a "Sam."
Old 05-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Z_rican

did you ever find the car?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
jeffie7

Have since passed it off to a repo guy going to call him for an update on monday.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
langtubip
not fast enuff

i live in falls church, and vietnamese. i hang out at eden center (vietnamese place) ill look around for that civic
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
jeffie7

Bump.

We were put into contact with a ex state MSP officer who did repos, got a key made, got the paper work done and then he said, welllllll there's two names on the title I'm not touching this one. doh! then we both got busy with random stuff and almost 2 years went by... once a month one of us says something along the lines of looking into another repo company only to put it off again. The few places we did talk to were iffy with the whole 2 names on a title, how do you repo something from someone who has their name on the title with no lien?

Welp, I'm off work today so I'm home installing base boards and working on the floor of my house. I hear the door bell ring ring ring ring like crazy, I go outside and its some older guy with a clip board, I figure, damn this guy really wants to sell some siding. He asked if *old owners name* were home, I told him I bought the house from them, I noticed a tow truck and sated, you must be repoing a car, sure enough he was. I told him what I knew and that he was about a year and a half late. buttttttt if he wanted some money I have a job for him =)

Sure enough he said, I don't care whos name is on the title if her name is on the title and she says its ok to repo we'll find it tonight and have it waiting for you by tomorrow AM. Plus we have the whole payment history of 30+ late payments as with the payoff all on paper from Honda of America so it should be straight forward, they will drag the car out, tow it about 20 minutes form our house, make a new key for it and hand it over to use for $350 + cost of key.

Soooooo if he's still in NVA, the car should be ours unless hes not listed and moved yet again. Even if he moved, we have his SS# and he said he could find it.

Finally we're getting somewhere.

Anyone want a 2004 Civic EX auto? Might have one for sale tomorrow *knocks on wood*
Old 03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL-crazy update.

What you selling the beater for?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Jgrizzle

Thats f'ing great jeffie. Good luck man.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Z33@SIM

That is insane but best of luck recovering the car.

And at first this was gonna be some noob bumping an old thread. LULZ
Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear the news 2 yrs later. Get that $hit back then take em to court.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

haha, nice news and good luck
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
woodrow88

good hopefully you will have it in the am
Old 03-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow 2 years!!! Good luck jeff
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Way to stick with it Jeffie, lets hope karma catches up with the other guy now.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 PM
BornSlippyZ

Good news!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:05 PM
jeffie7

Welp, after talking with the main people back at the repo office they said the same thing the other guys said, 2 names on the title, nope wont touch it.

So at this point I just need to either A. hire a PI and Lawyer, or B. Pay the NVA members a finders fee just to locate the car by the VIN # Then I can do my thing.

Alberto I have no idea what I'd sell it for if we ever get it back, who knows if its even in one piece. My guess is around the private/trade KBB value.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Integrity
Banned

Jeffie, you stated in your first post that you had a key in hand, is this still true?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:10 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by Integrity
Jeffie, you stated in your first post that you had a key in hand, is this still true?
Yes and no.
Problem is key gets you into car but key cannot turn car on due to a chip, you must have the car programed at the dealership with a new cut key, so I had a key but it was only to help aid in towing the car if needed. I gave the key to the first repo guy but once he turned down the job we never made our times work out to meet up to give me back the key, so he still has yet, yet another one of those, meh one day I'll get it things.

At this point I should just jump both feet in and get it done, its a lot of hassle but I guess it could mean a 4-5 grand payout.

If anyone can spot it I'll get with one of my friends with a tow truck and go get it ourselves I'd rather have a repo guy do it, but at this point I guess thats not going to happen.

I'd just need someone to spot the car and let us know where it is and if its parked and where so we can drive an hour or so and grab it.

Anyone that helps get it done will get cash for their work.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Originally Posted by jeffie7
We offered to pay him the difference of what she paid to pay the car off and what the value of the car was, still no go, last time she talked to him he said to call our lawyer and hung up.

fun times.

Jeffie, I do not understand why do you want to either pay him money and keep the car or sell it and give him half the money.

He stopped paying the car 20 months ago, that means that the car should have been repoed a long time ago.

Your GF got stuck with the bill and the bad credit of 1 year without payments. And when you contacted him, he didnt care at all.

He has no right to the car or any money.

Take the car the same way the dealer would, sell it and get your money back. Take the extra $$$ as punitive damages.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:21 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
Jeffie, I do not understand why do you want to either pay him money and keep the car or sell it and give him half the money.

He stopped paying the car 20 months ago, that means that the car should have been repoed a long time ago.

Your GF got stuck with the bill and the bad credit of 1 year without payments. And when you contacted him, he didnt care at all.

He has no right to the car or any money.

Take the car the same way the dealer would, sell it and get your money back. Take the extra $$$ as punitive damages.
We would have paid the difference from what was owed and the KBB value and then taken the car then sold it getting our money back plus no more lien but he didnt want to give the car up and pretty much said tough luck.

We want to repo it but no repo company will touch it because the car doesnt have an outstanding balance since its paid in full (by linh) and he has every right to drive the car (by law) as linh does since his name is on the title. If we could get the car back we could then put a request to remove him from the title. If anyone in NVA can spot the car and give us a heads up to where its at I will glady pay them as with go pick it up even if we have to drag it back to MD. Once the cars in our hands he will have no choice but to pay us or take us to court.

Last edited by jeffie7; 03-12-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Live in NVA and want $300.00?