Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
View Poll Results: Which shop in the MidA (only!) would you trust to install a TT or supercharger
AAM
14.58%
Function Tuned
43.75%
Forged Performance
18.75%
MRC
4.69%
Vinny Ten
3.65%
Do it yourself, trust noone... is someone following me? !!!
14.58%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Which shop To take your project to (poll for easy review)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 11:27 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by zosomoso
heres a pic of inside the Funktion auto shop. and believe me the quality of their shop only reflects the quality of their work and service. If i was spending a load of cash installing a big budget project like a twin turbo, i would trust the guys at Funktion auto more than any other shop ive been to so far. and not to mention they charge less than the exxon and shell gas stations near my house.
Wow! that looks like a clean shop. You should encourage them to become a sponsor on this site.
Old 04-24-2008 | 11:59 AM
Gooey

my vote goes for FT because they are local and Dave is a trustworthy guy. Honestly I would probably try to install everything myself and WHEN I mess up, not IF but WHEN, the car will be towed to FT

Other local shops I would definately trust, SRT (Swift Racing Technology) and PFSupercars. I wouldn't mind dropping my car off to those two shops to build me a nice custom turbo set up.
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:24 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
Premier Member

I would do it myself!
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:37 PM
PumpedVA

My thoughts!

1st shop I started modding at was Evo auto and they did my HKS install but that went bad after a few miles so I took it to AAM.

2nd shop I started modding at was AAM= Long story do a search for info.

After my motor went south on me I went south myself (NC) to work with sharif. "Not even going into the missing bolts and other things found after pulling my motor"

3rd shop CPracing=closed the doors on me mid way though my build (motor came from GTM and parts via sharif)

"So sharif came and picked my car up and took it to GA"

Forged Performance= Car came back perfect!!

Anything from here on out goes to DaveFunction2ND because of his A+ work ethic and costomer service. Plus we go way back from the start LOL

So Function2ND gets my vote and thats why I have there logo down the side of my car.
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:43 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
My thoughts!

1st shop I started modding at was Evo auto and they did my HKS install but that went bad after a few miles so I took it to AAM.

2nd shop I started modding at was AAM= Long story do a search for info.

After my motor went south on me I went south myself (NC) to work with sharif. "Not even going into the missing bolts and other things found after pulling my motor"

3rd shop CPracing=closed the doors on me mid way though my build (motor came from GTM and parts via sharif)

"So sharif came and picked my car up and took it to GA"

Forged Performance= Car came back perfect!!

Anything from here on out goes to DaveFunction2ND because of his A+ work ethic and costomer service. Plus we go way back from the start LOL

So Function2ND gets my vote and thats why I have there logo down the side of my car.
eh what?
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:43 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
fixed
haha most of us knew Nowells deal, but it did sound harsh "outside looking in".

Nowell: Yeah FT is awesome, they blew two of my engines!
Dave: WTF Bro?

Old 04-24-2008 | 12:50 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

I voted for Function:tuned because from day 1 I had heard of Dave's legendary customer service. I first brought my car to FT to swap diffs with Nowell, and even though Juan was working extremely hard on it, Dave still gave me a break on the price.

A few months later I brought the car back to have them install my JWT cams & valve springs. The car was down for most of the weekend, so Dave loaned me a car to drive since I came from so far away, and at no extra cost! The morning I came to pick up the car Dave was having a few things going on, but he still got there and got me the car exactly when he said he would.

With my own personal experience and everything I have heard from others, I would take it to FT again. I would also take it to MRC or Forged if they were closer.
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:53 PM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
JE is highly reccomended. They will be pushing forward this season with a 350z as the shop/teams drift car. I have also heard rumors on cnc billet LS1 mounts for the Z coming soon as well as more than likely JE profab VQ turbo setups, intercoolers, and piping.

JE has been featured on the cover of Turbo multiple times with rides like the Knighthawk 240sx, and some RB26 G35's as well as some TT G35's. Turbo mag doesn't mess around, they have also recently featured Sharif @ Forged performance's work in a recent issue.

They offer corner balancing, dyno tuning, on track suspension tuning, and probably the best fabrication work in MD, exotic metal welding service also available.

Indeed he was an engineer on a race team in the past, he is extremely knowledgeable/skilled, and a real nice guy very laid back.
Tell Nick, Noah with the LS2 Z says hello....and it takes A LOT more than just mounts to get that running...

Also ask him where my free motul is....been rockin' this damn sticker for no reason...
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:58 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
Tell Nick, Noah with the LS2 Z says hello....and it takes A LOT more than just mounts to get that running...

Also ask him where my free motul is....been rockin' this damn sticker for no reason...
DEC 20th-22nd (sat-mon) I will be in NY bro. Wife and her mother are going to see shows ect. I told her I would go but I am staying with you that weekend not with them LOL
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:00 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

I voted DIY, Dave it Yourself
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:03 PM
runz

diy here.... although i will have dave tune my set up if the price is right :P
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:06 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Incase anyone would like to see the UNBIASED version of the latest poll.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 04-24-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:15 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Incase anyone would like to see the UNBIASED version of the latest poll.

Bully LOL
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:16 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I think this thread needs to be sticky!
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:19 PM
SS728

Even though I've never been to FunctionTuned before, I voted for them, because I've only seen good things from that shop and peoples good reviews on them.
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:33 PM
POWUH
Banned

aam fer sure :]
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:39 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

Originally Posted by POWUH
aam fer sure :]
Got any experience with them?
Old 04-24-2008 | 02:16 PM
Gooey

MrKaira, please take down your Sig picture! It is making me really jealous and regretful of trading in my 06 Silverstone. That rear with spoiler is sooooo sick. The entire package...
Old 04-24-2008 | 02:22 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gooey
MrKaira, please take down your Sig picture! It is making me really jealous and regretful of trading in my 06 Silverstone. That rear with spoiler is sooooo sick. The entire package...
lol i don't regret selling my 03 auto for this at all. It is night and day man, 6spd w/ twins is just incredible. I don't know how I lived for so long without it! That AND the body kit is awesome, I love it. Turns heads everywhere. You should get one lol

To keep this thread on topic, I will be bringing the car to FT this winter/next spring for a little freshening up with a new tune and a few other goodies Thats what good customer service will do for ya

I have a buddy that is getting his FI setup done at MRC, he has said nothing but the best of them so far! I'd take my car to them in a heartbeat too, if they weren't so far away haha. Seems like nothing is close here.
Old 04-24-2008 | 02:55 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by MrKaira
Seems like nothing is close here.
Well if you country boys would give up your redneck ways and get citi-fied, you wouldn't have that problem!

Quick Reply: Which shop To take your project to (poll for easy review)