Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

MZC BBQ official thread! Please come and sign up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008 | 07:27 AM
white84

Alright My350Z.com! The MZC BBQ is next month, and I need to start getting a head count of who's coming. Everyone is invited, we only ask that you bring a food item. Doesn't have to be anything major; dogs, burgers, chips, soda ect. ect.

Please copy/paste this list and add yourself to it.
Name - Item
Adam(me) - Wings...DUH!

Official information about the location and everything can be found HERE on the MZC Forums. Or if you're a member of the 300ZX Club forums, you can discuss the meet HERE.

We also still need people to step up for the wing competition! Need two competitiors, and still 1 judge. And again, everyone is invited. So if you want to come out for a day with some fellow Z'ers and have some good food, and a good time...come on out!

Thanks!

EDIT:
If the links don't work, or you just don't feel like clicking, here's a copy/paste of the thread on 3ZC/MZC forum.
OK guys, this is the OFFICIAL thread for the meet. Any unnecessary posts, please do in the other thread. This is for information only! Don't make me have to lock this thread kiddies! lol.

When: Saturday July 26th.

Time: 2pm - late

Where: Burtonsville (local) Park.
15700 Oursler Rd
Burtonsville, MD

What: MZC's 4th annual chicken wing cook-off/BBQ/Z meet/cruise.

Cook-off: Our 2 MZC chefs will be pairing up and facing off against 2 MY350Z.COM chefs. There will be 5 judges for the wings, 2 MZC judges (already determined), 2 350Z judges, and a third unbiased (supra? rx7? other?) judge.

Details: This is our 4th annual BBQ meet, and our first time actually inviting other forums to join. We are looking for record numbers this year. Each year our BBQ meet attendance numbers have been increasing...were shooting for more than double last year. This is a simple meet for anyone who loves fast cars and good food. This meet is open to all as long as you dont cause any trouble. The only requirement that we ask is that you please bring one (1) item of food with you. A pack of hot dogs, rolls, chips, drinks, cookies, etc. That's all we ask. We have been doing this the past 4 years and have always had enough food for everyone. This is our way of making sure that EVERYONE gets a good portion to eat.

The park is fairly open and empty which creates a very nice atmosphere. If you like we can also play games (i.e. football, soccer, etc). After the food and just hanging around we will then embark on our annual cruise. In the past we have been going to Rockville (cici's/starbucks), although seeing as how this is the cops annual "lets crack down on every car meet for a while" mentality, Rockville will be tentative. At the very worst we will go on a nice cruise (backroads, etc) and then to a more private location in Rockville to just hang out etc.

as always we are very open to suggestions and ideas for how to our meets as good as possible, please dont be scared to PM myself, Biz, George, or Adam with any suggestions, questions, or new ideas! Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by white84; 06-04-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-04-2008 | 08:16 AM
r0csfinest

burtonsville?! WOOOOOOOW who woulda thought

hey since this is like right by me... can i invite some of my friends with some other cars?
Old 06-04-2008 | 08:39 AM
white84

I'd like to keep it to a minimum if possible. This is a Z meet after all... But seeing as how David (MZC Founder) is inviting Supra and RX7 guys, why not. I say what the hell, invite 'em. But how many are we talkin'?
Old 06-04-2008 | 08:57 AM
r0csfinest

if thats the case maybe just my friend with his e55 he just got
Old 06-04-2008 | 11:41 AM
white84

Oh I didn't mean to sound like a dick or anything...you can invite your friends man, I just need to get a head count started. Lets start with you though...copy/paste that list up there with your name and everything. Maybe that'll prompt more people to join in!
Old 06-27-2008 | 09:11 AM
white84

Ok everyone, the event is only a month away!

And I still need people for the Wing-Off, and one judge! Some body HAS to want to do this! Come one, who's gonna get taken down by the Z31/32 guys?

PM me if interested! First PM's I get, take the spots!
Old 07-01-2008 | 09:30 AM
white84

Bump!
Old 07-01-2008 | 10:26 AM
4SHIZZIL

I make the best wings this side of the Mississippi... I am in if not in Richmond that weekend.
Old 07-01-2008 | 12:31 PM
white84

Well, don't be in Richmond and you're in! Still need one person to cook wings! 4SHIZZIL needs a partner!

Also, r0csfinest and Aceman will be you My350Z.com Judges!

So, the only spot availible is the second spot for competing! Only 3 weeks left!
Old 07-01-2008 | 12:49 PM
white84

Quick Update:

Representing the Maryland Z Club (300zxclub.com):
Wing-Off Chefs:
-Adam (Me)
-Biz (...Biz)
Judges:
-David (Gino)
-Dean (ZleeperTT)

Representing My350Z.com:Don't have real names for these guys yet.
Wing-Off Chefs:
-4SHIZZIL
Judges:
-r0csfinest
-Aceman (Todd)
Old 07-01-2008 | 04:34 PM
ACEMAN
Master
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Looking forward to eating some wings

See you guys there
Todd
Old 07-01-2008 | 04:47 PM
r0csfinest

Originally Posted by aceman
Looking forward to eating some wings

See you guys there
Todd
yes! cant wait
Old 07-02-2008 | 07:39 AM
white84

4SHIZZIL, you better start recruiting a partner man!
Old 07-09-2008 | 04:13 AM
white84

Another Update!
Well, it looks like Biz won't be making it to this years event due to some scheduling conflicts. So, what does that mean for us? Well...the Wing-Off will now be only a one-on-one competition. Yup, that's it. Judges stay the same, just two less people doing battle Chicken Wings. So 4SHIZZIL, looks like it's just you and me bro!

Thanks everyone,
-Adam
Old 07-14-2008 | 04:39 AM
white84

Just two weeks away BUMP!
Old 07-17-2008 | 09:23 AM
ACEMAN
Master
Premier Member

Thumbs up

MMMM wings

Looking forward to some good wings

See you guys there
Todd
Old 07-17-2008 | 12:49 PM
jeffie7

so is it a BBQ and Wing contest, or are you putting BBQ and Wings as the same thing?

If you're doing BBQ what kind? pulled pork, ribs, brisket?

What's the prize for winning? =)

Also, is it cooking on the spot, or bring it already made? if its cooking on the spot is the kitchen provided or does everyone have to bring their own setup?

moving a deep fryer FTMFL!
Old 07-18-2008 | 04:19 AM
white84

Ha ha, no we're cooking them on the spot. Grilled. Marinades can be made before hand, but the wings will be cooked at the meet. And we really just call it a BBQ...I have made pulled pork in years past (and I make some damn fine pulled pork) but it's just what we call it. Kind of like another word for cook-out I guess...

Biz has changed his plans, and WILL be competing with me, so 350Z needs a second person!

Jeffie, if you want in I suggest you start talking to 4SHIZZIL about being partners. Other than that, you're there.

Oh, and we're buying the wings. But if you'd like to donate some for use...we're more than happy to grill 'em up for you. Wings ARE expensive, so if you do bring some...it'll be MUCH appreciated.
Old 07-20-2008 | 07:13 PM
Gino z32

Hey guys, Im Dave (the MZC president), just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and thanks for making plans to join us next weekend! Feel free to bring friends as long as theyre decent people. Im not trying to turn this into a rice fest with civics and **** all over the place, but I have NO problem with nice cars (no matter what the make), and friendly people! I want this meet to take off and be BIG! Last year was a great turn out, i want to double (at the least) for this year! Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by Gino z32; 07-20-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2008 | 08:31 AM
white84

BUMP! Only 2 days till the BBQ!

Quick Reply: MZC BBQ official thread! Please come and sign up!