Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Thanks to Dave at Function:TUNED

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to Dave at Function:TUNED

This is just a HUGE thanks to Dave at Function:Tuned and a testament to the work he has done on my car.

I just returned from absolutely beating on my car in the AKA Rally (NYC to VEGAS) and I have to say it ran absolutely FLAWLESSLY. I did not change a single thing in the tune on the Autronic SM-4 (I ran 1 map the ENTIRE way with 18psi of boost on an APS ST) and it took the abuse of hours of 100+mph in everything from sea level to above "mile high" (Denver) elevations, 70 degrees to 115 degrees farenheight, and 20+ laps on the track at Hastings Motorsports Park road course in Nebraska (there are other times when it was thrashed a little bit I just won't elaborate for legal reasons...I will say for example a Mustang Cobra learned he needed some more power ). Coolant temps ran absolutely constant nearly all the time except slightly (im talking 5-10 centegrade) hotter at highest elevations and in some of the hottest temps (at the same time). It even took 91 octane (w/octane booster...who knows if they actually work) without a hickup. Top speed pull (not just one but the fastest) was 155 mph (confirmed by GPS as many of you know your speedos become more inaccurate the faster you go). To give you and idea on how well it ran... the car was CONSISTANTLY 2-3 into every checkpoint behind the CRAZY Ferrari drivers (who ended up in jail on the final leg as their luck finally ran out...Vince...if u see this I love you man but you're nuts...and yes...you were first...except for the last day...hahahaha) and the GT-R who I drove with most of the time.

I couldn't be happier with all the work he has done on the car and would absolutely never let anyone else touch it. It made it without a hick-up even when fully built diesel trucks, turbo RX-8's by SFR, and stock Porches were faultering to the abuse. If any of you have ever driven across the country you can imagine the abuse of doing a rally in the summer heat where consistant higher speeds are being done with more acceleration periods. I even still got 300 miles per tank.

Props Dave. W/O your great work it would've never made it and I would have never had the experiences on the Rally this year.

I did finally break it as I melted some wiring doing numerous back to back burnouts and donuts in Vegas at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I was a little excited and got a little overzealous...the heat just got to be too much for plastic wiring connectors to take (burnouts equal lack of airflow, FYI..lol). The car should be back a week from today from Vegas for repairs and back on the road VERY shortly as it's pretty minor.

Awesome work Dave. Thanks Again.

Last edited by Driven1; 08-29-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:53 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about some pics of all this chaos.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Driven1
Professional

They're being uploaded piece by piece. www.AKARally.com It will automatically link you to verveakarally.com but there is a link to the top of the page to the main AKA page, since the link is only temporary as Verve was a title sponsor this year.

Everyone is just getting home so it'll take some time for everything to be edited and uploaded. but the blogs etc contain quite a few pics and whatnot already.

There will also be 6 episodes on Speed Channel (HD) at the end of october (so they say)
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

awesome awesome!

F:T FTW!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Armando

Sounds like it's running like a beast Congrats
Old 08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
projectsherv

Sounds like you had a blast bro we need to link up and hang out sometime soon. Great work as usual Dave.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Haha we are F:T whoring the MID-A hahaha!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

BTW I wanna hear/see your car robbie.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by 350Ricky
Haha we are F:T whoring the MID-A hahaha!!!
And for good reason...The number of builders/tuners who's work actually gets tested like that and survives w/o faultering are few and far between. I would challenge ANY local shop to put their work to the test in the extremes...You have a whole year to put it together...let's go.

ANYONE can put together a car and say..."guess what it made this power". Lets see how it holds up in MORE than average driving conditions for thousands of miles. I'll be there next year...will you?

Just ask BamBam how another local shop did the last time they were challenged to do it.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Hell yea, F:T ftmfw! I have yet to find a shop as honest and superb quality as F:T.

I wanna hear/see your car robbie
Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 PM
SC 350Z

WOW that guy on the bike had some nuts i couldnt handle 1,000 miles at teh most, nice car by the way and bambam's gt-r is so sexy looking
Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Driven1
Professional

Justin (the guy on the Ducati) is awesome. He about crapped himself when he woke up to his bike in the lobby of the hotel in Iowa. LMAO!

In the pic where he's on the white line/near shoulder he actually grabbed the shirt (the green fabric you see) of the camera guy and scared the chit out of him.

And the COBB tuning port on the GT-R is a VERY nice upgrade. Track tested and approved. hehehe

Last edited by Driven1; 08-29-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

good to hear everything worked out ok and made it home safe.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:50 PM
SC 350Z

Originally Posted by Driven1
Justin (the guy on the Ducati) is awesome. He about crapped himself when he woke up to his bike in the lobby of the hotel in Iowa. LMAO!

In the pic where he's on the white line/near shoulder he actually grabbed the shirt (the green fabric you see) of the camera guy and scared the chit out of him.

And the COBB tuning port on the GT-R is a VERY nice upgrade. Track tested and approved. hehehe
nioce
Old 08-30-2008, 06:49 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by 350Ricky
Hell yea, F:T ftmfw! I have yet to find a shop as honest and superb quality as F:T.

I wanna hear/see your car robbie
im sure robbie will be at the bbq so u can do it then
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Driven1
Professional

Im sure Ill be there.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 AM
r0csfinest

Originally Posted by Driven1
And for good reason...The number of builders/tuners who's work actually gets tested like that and survives w/o faultering are few and far between. I would challenge ANY local shop to put their work to the test in the extremes...You have a whole year to put it together...let's go.

ANYONE can put together a car and say..."guess what it made this power". Lets see how it holds up in MORE than average driving conditions for thousands of miles. I'll be there next year...will you?

Just ask BamBam how another local shop did the last time they were challenged to do it.
this is always great to know. the day i save up enough for turbo im going straight to dave
Old 08-30-2008, 02:09 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet and im glad it held together for you (like Daves stuff dosent anyways).I will say it again if you want it done right just see Dave first............nuff said.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
spddmn124

how long ago did Dave work on your car??
Old 08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Glad to see you swapped wheels before the rally

Looks like you had a blast man, I'd LOVE to do something like this, but I just can't afford it at this point in time. Maybe 10-20 years down the road I'll have enough cash. See ya at the BBQ homie.

Quick Reply: Thanks to Dave at Function:TUNED