Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Shock this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009 | 09:49 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Damn Umar.. not cool
Old 01-23-2009 | 09:50 AM
bigslim350Z

I'm all for that except that the criminal has more rights then the law abiding citizen. It would be hard to convince a jury why you shot someone that was vandalizing your heavily modded 350Z which has taken all your blood sweat and money over the years. To them it's just a car.
Old 01-23-2009 | 10:02 AM
JE_JOE

wow!! sucks to hear this kind of stuff. Unfortunately all you need is someones liscence plate number to find thier home and the car with all the goodies these days.

at meets, show, and the track I'd highly reccomend removing your liscence plate or maybe make a super sick JDM carbon fiber cover you can put on quickly and remove when its time to roll. Just a thought, if someone stole my Prelude I'd have a Z faster so I leave my plate on LOL.
Old 01-23-2009 | 10:46 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

This blows... Yea my car's at DTM Bodywork and not D&V. I should've taken it to D&V instead of waiting for 4 months for one body job.

Umar fix that car asap!!! And get Anh to fix his d@mn bumpers already. It's been a while since all of us have running/undamaged cars together. Wait did we ever have that time?
Old 01-23-2009 | 10:57 AM
bigslim350Z

Then we can start up the flagship meets again?
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:00 AM
Kirkster

Dude, that blows. Did they get your oil cooler????
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:12 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by umzzz
Thanks Robbie ill give one of you guys a shout i agree i wont be paying for the fixes so might as well take it to a shop that we all trust. Ive seen their work and its amazing.

Need to figure out if i can have them do the estimate or if my insurance has to do it...
As far as I know...they deal with about every insurance company I can think of. I've referred a few people there and not one has come back with anything but praise.
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:20 AM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
I'm all for that except that the criminal has more rights then the law abiding citizen. It would be hard to convince a jury why you shot someone that was vandalizing your heavily modded 350Z which has taken all your blood sweat and money over the years. To them it's just a car.
Easy! It was dark out, you fired one warning shot and when said thief turned around you noticed something "shiny" in is hand and he pointed it directly at you. Fearing for your own life, you aimed and fatally wounded said thief in the act of stealing/vandalizing your property. Now just walk over, place a spare MagLite in his hand and dial 9-1-1. Instant alibi...
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:53 AM
Kirkster

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Easy! It was dark out, you fired one warning shot and when said thief turned around you noticed something "shiny" in is hand and he pointed it directly at you. Fearing for your own life, you aimed and fatally wounded said thief in the act of stealing/vandalizing your property. Now just walk over, place a spare MagLite in his hand and dial 9-1-1. Instant alibi...
There is no such thing as a warning shot. You fire a warning shot in MD you are going to jail.

You shoot someone outside your house you had better have been in fear of your life, and you are probably still going to jail.

Welcome to the Criminal Justice system in the People's Republic of Maryland. As a law abiding citizen you really don't have any rights. Now as a criminal you have lots of rights and will get more Justice than a citizen of the state...
Old 01-23-2009 | 12:59 PM
KAT_Ayanami

Originally Posted by abui01
On a side note: How come all these break-in's have all started recently? Oh thats right... any douche can afford a Z now that the prices are as low as 11k... so you know what THAT means... Z = the new affordable Civic... hell, even some Civics/RSX's are going for more than Z's

Have in mind Abui that the car has also appeared a couple of times now on a couple of retarded reaggeton videos.

So every "hispanic busboy" that is into that crap is going through the process of selling their integras to get the nissan 350Z that Daddy yanki (or whoever the hell was) put on its video (last one were images of F&F3).

That is also happening now with Evos and Stis to an extend too...

Am I generalizing? Well, Im from Spain, and I live and work on a hispanic community... I am not generalizing so much, I am talking about what I am seeing every day. And it pisses me off when somebody works hard for something just to have it destroyed by a lazy bump!

Last edited by KAT_Ayanami; 01-23-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2009 | 01:10 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by Kirkster
There is no such thing as a warning shot. You fire a warning shot in MD you are going to jail.

You shoot someone outside your house you had better have been in fear of your life, and you are probably still going to jail.

Welcome to the Criminal Justice system in the People's Republic of Maryland. As a law abiding citizen you really don't have any rights. Now as a criminal you have lots of rights and will get more Justice than a citizen of the state...
I though it was like this everywhere but Texas
Old 01-23-2009 | 02:06 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Sorry to hear about this Umar.
Old 01-23-2009 | 06:36 PM
Armando

Umar, I only go to D&V, paint match they do is good. I know we both have SS so you will be ok. I have taken the Z there ever since I bought it. Pricey YES, but the work is GREAT

GL man
Old 01-23-2009 | 09:59 PM
C5_vette

Damn bro that really sucks, whoever it was they definitely knew your car, especially in our area...

sucks about the Lip as well ... hopefully insurance will take care of it
Old 01-24-2009 | 01:10 AM
greddyturb0

Originally Posted by bb1314
This blows... Yea my car's at DTM Bodywork and not D&V. I should've taken it to D&V instead of waiting for 4 months for one body job.

Umar fix that car asap!!! And get Anh to fix his d@mn bumpers already. It's been a while since all of us have running/undamaged cars together. Wait did we ever have that time?

did they do a good job on your kit? other thant he fact they took a long time any other issues with DTM?
Old 01-24-2009 | 04:24 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Can anybody PM me D&V's Info?

I am still trying to get somebody to fix my rear bumper after the parking "bump" incident I had and the paint ALL AROUND the car after the fire incident in my apartment building which was so close to my car that all the paint faded away (not shinny anymore and dust sticks to it like glue).

EDIT: Or PM me any other good place you know around 495/270 to have the bumper fixed/replaced and all the paint checked and "hopefully" re-done.

(The insurance company said that the paint could be treated, but I want it to be repainted if possible instead of a half done job.)

Thanks!

Last edited by KAT_Ayanami; 01-24-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2009 | 04:42 AM
Projextbare

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Just another reason why we need to get that MY350Z Gun Club started...
RIGHT !!!! it's getting to crazy out here makes me not want to do anything to my car !!!
Old 01-24-2009 | 05:06 AM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Sorry to hear about this Umar, why do I feel like the 350z are the new hondas?
Old 01-24-2009 | 02:45 PM
BamBam

I say an alarm combined with a 12 gauge.. is plenty of deterrent.. the more people that get filled with buckshot while attempting to steal stuff, the better.
Old 01-24-2009 | 03:06 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by greddyturb0
did they do a good job on your kit? other thant he fact they took a long time any other issues with DTM?
DTM did a really good job on the fiberglass and molding work. But their paint job isn't so great. My bumper doesn't really match that well and there's good amount of paint drip.

Quick Reply: Shock this morning