Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Lost my job today... Maybe parting out....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009 | 09:32 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Read about a company like this on fcuked.com or fcukedcompany.com [can't remember]. But basically, they waited until Friday to hold a "special meeting" with selected members of the company in a rented hall across the street. When they came back to the office they had pink slips taped to their monitors and empty boxes in their cubicles with armed security telling them they had 20 mins. to pack up whatever they could carry and leave the premises.
Yea... don't forget I'm a computer programmer. I'm totally gonna set a time bomb on the email server or a glitch in this software that I'm working on. When like next April 1st comes, they'll get this nice pop up saying, "All your files have been deleted. Have a wonderful day".
Old 04-02-2009 | 09:56 AM
ZRuggernDC

Originally Posted by bb1314
yea the phone interview went well. I'm waiting for HR to contact me to schedule for the on site interview. They're taking a while though. It'd been 3 days. And who knows if I'll get hired or not.
Yo, Ethan for real dude. Relax a little bit man. Before you go parting out your damn car or making other rash decisions you need to take a step back. You have already scored an in person interview, I have already pushed you resume with HR. Give them a few days because there is a lot of back and forth. Now if this were 30 days from the time you got interviewed till the time you got hired I would be saying yeah panic but I'd have a yea or nah from HR by that time anyway to let you know for sure.

Don't go freaking out. If my company is interested in you its a lock. They dont waste their time just BSing around. Those are my strong words of advice. Take them or leave them but you know I was looking out for you when I submitted your resume.

-JB
Old 04-02-2009 | 09:58 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Yea... don't forget I'm a computer programmer. I'm totally gonna set a time bomb on the email server or a glitch in this software that I'm working on. When like next April 1st comes, they'll get this nice pop up saying, "All your files have been deleted. Have a wonderful day".
Office Space called, they want their plot back.
Old 04-02-2009 | 10:00 AM
ZRuggernDC

This is like Melrose Place up in here.... Just take the pay cut for a bit before you actually get in with my group and tell to go blow it out their aholes..
Old 04-02-2009 | 10:04 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by ZRuggernDC
This is like Melrose Place up in here.... Just take the pay cut for a bit before you actually get in with my group and tell to go blow it out their aholes..
LOL that's the plan right now. Still waiting for HR to contact me for the on-site interview. They're not very snappy about this kind of stuff. But I understand good things don't come fast .

Last edited by bb1314; 04-02-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-02-2009 | 11:07 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Wow so I came home a few hours earlier cuz I was in a pissy mood. The apartment manager came talked to me while I was changing the battery for my Z. She goes...

Manager: "There had been a lot of complaints about your car."
Me: "Complaints? I haven't even driven my car for weeks. And before that I didn't even have my car for months. What's there to complain about?"
Manager: "Well that's the problem. I was told that this car never moves and is taking up a valuable parking space."
Me: "Did what you say even make sense?"
Manager: "hmm... well I just have to point things out if there's a complaint."
Me: "Can I complain about your face being too ugly? That's right go do something about it cuz regardless of the complaint you're supposed to do your job. Now get off my case and let me do my own thing."
Manager: "Walked away with an angry face."

Wow... can today go any worse?

PS: You all know it takes a lot for me to lose my temper. That really pushed the limit.

Last edited by bb1314; 04-02-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2009 | 11:19 AM
Jgrizzle

jesus man. go have a beer or 2.... or 12. If you need a drinking buddy gimme a call!!
Old 04-02-2009 | 11:25 AM
WYZIWYG

Wow so I came home a few hours earlier cuz I was in a pissy mood. The apartment manager came talked to me while I was changing the battery for my Z. She goes...

Manager: "There had been a lot of complaints about your car."
Me: "Complaints? I haven't even driven my car for weeks. And before that I didn't even have my car for months. What's there to complain about?"
Manager: "Well that's the problem. I was told that this car never moves and is taking up a valuable parking space."
Me: "Did what you say even make sense?"
Manager: "hmm... well I just have to point things out if there's a complaint."
Me: "Can I complain about your face being too ugly? That's right go do something about it cuz regardless of the complaint you're supposed to do your job. Now get off my case and let me do my own thing."
Manager: "Walked away with an angry face."

Wow... can today go any worse?

PS: You all know it takes a lot for me to lose my temper. That really pushed the limit.
I think you and Mrs. BB1314 need to go out for a nice dinner or stay in and relax or something. And I'm sorry if you're a renter with no designated parking I thought you could pretty much park in any available spot as long as you lived there[?]
Old 04-02-2009 | 11:29 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
I think you and Mrs. BB1314 need to go out for a nice dinner or stay in and relax or something. And I'm sorry if you're a renter with no designated parking I thought you could pretty much park in any available spot as long as you lived there[?]
Exactly. You're totally right. THere's no assigned parking whatesoever. So I dunno why anyone'd even go complain to the office. I know in the lease it said somewhere that if the car has expired registration or is inoperable, it's easy to have the vehicle parked in the community. But as far as I know my car has valid tag and I crank up my car every once a while during the winter. You all know my car sounds like a plane so there's no way anyone would not know my car does crank.
Old 04-02-2009 | 01:08 PM
rockinbboy

so where are you working? what kind of position you holding? Glad to hear you didn't completely lose your job and that your got some potential for another job in the pipeline.
Old 04-02-2009 | 01:12 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
so where are you working? what kind of position you holding? Glad to hear you didn't completely lose your job and that your got some potential for another job in the pipeline.
I'm not gonna call out the company's name yet. I'm a software developer. With this economy things are just very slow and unsure. Hence the "maybe" parting out.
Old 04-02-2009 | 01:14 PM
KAT_Ayanami

Thanks for the info! I hate to feel like a bump and be supported by the government. We Asian people generally dont do that.
Hey Ethan, you know that when you pay taxes you also pay for unemployment right????

The government will not be supporting you, you will be instead taking what you contributed to.

Heck, you are going to keep paying that crap for the rest of your life, get advantage of it as long as you need it!!!
Old 04-02-2009 | 01:14 PM
MDHRZ

Good luck man. I'll keep my eye out for you.
Old 04-02-2009 | 02:59 PM
Anu2g

that sucks ethan. if u see a posting at LM that you like, let me know and i can see if i know the hiring manager (even though I'm in SF, I still keep in touch with the ppl in MD)
Old 04-02-2009 | 03:16 PM
NIZZMO

Sorry to hear of your misfortune GL with everything.

A friend of mine just got laid off, his company called him in the middle of his vacation to let him go.
Old 04-02-2009 | 03:19 PM
Pinoy31AP

collect unemployment
Old 04-03-2009 | 12:00 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

damn dude, sorry to hear. i thought we were on a hiring spree? weren't you gvt contracting side? not booz & co?!
Old 04-03-2009 | 12:52 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by ZIABLO
damn dude, sorry to hear. i thought we were on a hiring spree? weren't you gvt contracting side? not booz & co?!
I left Booz back in Nov 2008. Bad decision.. but I sorta had to since I wanted to move back to Baltimore and be closer to my family.
Old 04-03-2009 | 01:33 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

FYI ... If you want to buy a house anytime soon (especially for the next 5 years or so) it's a two year minimum of working at the same job and living at the same address.
Old 04-03-2009 | 05:14 PM
htt760

join the military.. im making bank right now..

Quick Reply: Lost my job today... Maybe parting out....