Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

April 19th: Drift Nirvana/USA Drift/Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRuggernDC
A great time was had by all... Those that missed shoulda came.
A whole lotta Z's and G's from the Mid-A were rolling deep. A lot bigger than the first one that happened. It wasnt that crowded at the track either.

Thanks to Bernadette for the food and drank!! Thanks to John for being the grill master!!

Patiently waiting for videos and photos to be uploaded ..... .... ... ... Mike D and Corey are the only drifters in town anymore... Mooo ha ha ha
No problem on the food and drinks..it was like the BBQ pt.2
We had a couple of lost dogs rollin' off the grill but everyone still ate good!
That little grill is on point!! I got pix so i'ma b postin them up shortly!!
The sun came out and it started to rain as we were leaving..PERFECT TIMING!! And yes, we were rollin' DEEP as sh*t!!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

Originally Posted by PolarBearppw
Had a great time yesterday at Summit Point with everyone. It was great to see so many members come out with their Z's and awesome to see corey, JB, goofy1477, Mike and anyone else I'm missing running their cars on any of the courses. I will definitely be preparing my car so that I can participate next time.

Big props to Mzbernadette for the food. Next time I'll bring a real spatula along with some paper plates, napkins, and forks!
LOL shut up! at least i didn't forget the food and drinks!!! You know the situation..we were partying the night before and had to wake up around 5 or 6! i had a whole stack of plates too!! damnit!
But thanks for comin out.
This drift nirvana was one of the better ones yet!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:21 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This was a really really great time. That tripple skid pad is like a football stadium thats just paved and open for me to do my thing. I was like OMG...

I scoped it out for about 15 seconds then I was like....just dirt....no clifts (Initial D) no poles (most parking lots), no ditches (track)....just dirt!

clutch, second, release....OMG! I wish I could go back right now....Id take off work and leave if I knew I could get in right now....lol.

JB
We need to invest in a small 4' by 5 or 6' trailer for the Armada (Caroline or someone can drive it)
We need to lock down storage this week
We need to get about 4 sets of tires so we can really have fun.

I did 3 runs on the OEM 19s and they still look new.... the dirt on the track helps keep down heat big time, and as long as your not doing donuts and making big clouds of smoke, most tires should hold up, but every now and then I like to do some smokey donuts...lol

That place is awesome.....Caroline asked to watch Initial D tonight! WTH! Maybe she finally sees me going legit. lol

Next entry fee is on me man! I owe you and Mike D for this... Im soooooo going next time, please make a post for the next session. I believe its.....

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-21-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 PM
ZRuggernDC

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
This was a really really great time. That tripple skid pad is like a football stadium thats just paved and open for me to do my thing. I was like OMG...

I scoped it out for about 15 seconds then I was like....just dirt....no clifts (Initial D) no poles (most parking lots), no ditched (track)....just dirt!

clutch, second, release....OMG! I wish I could go back right now....Id take off work and leave if I knew I could get in right now....lol.

JB
We need to invest in a small 4' by 5 or 6' trailer for the Armada (Caroline or someone can drive it)

I did 3 runs on the OEM 19s and they still look new.... the dirt on the track helps keep down heat big time, and as long as your not doing donuts and making big clouds of smoke, most tires should hold up, but every now and then I like to do some smokey donuts...lol

That place is awesome.....Caroline asked to watch Initial D tonight! WTH! Maybe she finally sees me going legit. lol

Next entry fee is on me man! I owe you and Mike D for this... Im soooooo going next time, please make a post for the next session. I believe its.....

Werd, definitly need a trailer for the Armada. You used the whole course I was mostly concentrating on doing controlled grid slides cause I was trying to get ready for the road course, which while I was a total fail I didn't do as well as I would have liked. I think next time I will spend a lot less time on the skid pads and get my actual course on. The runs on the course are better on the tires than the triple skid pad and 5 min sessions were way to long. I cut the guy back on mine to 3.

Had sooo much fun!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 PM
ZRuggernDC

Originally Posted by PolarBearppw
Had a great time yesterday at Summit Point with everyone. It was great to see so many members come out with their Z's and awesome to see corey, JB, goofy1477, Mike and anyone else I'm missing running their cars on any of the courses. I will definitely be preparing my car so that I can participate next time.

Big props to Mzbernadette for the food. Next time I'll bring a real spatula along with some paper plates, napkins, and forks!
What my front license after market plate isnt good enough?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:55 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta post up all the fun pics I took of the event when I finally decide to get off my bum

But while we're waiting, here's a fun 1 for u guys:
Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Cheeko

I scoped it out for about 15 seconds then I was like....just dirt....no clifts (Initial D) no poles (most parking lots), no ditched (track)....just dirt!

JB

Hey man, Thanks again for taking my sons out for some sliding on the wet track. Them jokers loved it!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Driven1
Professional

JB

I told you so. LOL

Sorry I didnt make this one. Ill be there next time though.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:31 PM
thefireboy

^^ yeah hopefully you can keep your front bumper on this time around..lol
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
JuanFunction2ND
Sponsor
Function:Tuned

shoot i hade to work, i wanted to go but next time!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM
memphis350z

next event is on the 17th,,,glad to see some more z/g guys out there representing!i had a great time, next event the same track (jefferson) will be used. I wish it was shannondoah but oh well its still crazy fun!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
ZRuggernDC

Here are the first two pics to be posted.. He he...
Better ones still to come...
Attached Thumbnails April 19th: Drift Nirvana/USA Drift/Meet-img_9689.jpg   April 19th: Drift Nirvana/USA Drift/Meet-img_9718.jpg  
Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

^ nice bro... very nice shot!

Dats my dawg! Dats my Dawg
Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
woodrow88

nicey nice JB looks like you had fun!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Cheeko
Hey man, Thanks again for taking my sons out for some sliding on the wet track. Them jokers loved it!!!

Although I wouldnt of went all crazy with them in the car, the next time they should ride on the dry track, its ten times more predictable and loads of fun, although the wet kept me out of trouble. If I went straigh to the dry, I would of ended up pushing it too hard by the end of the day.

no sweat man, well behaived kids you got there....good job.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by mdracer on facebook

5/17 - TSP + JC - DN
6/28 - TSP + SC - DN
7/19 - TSP + SC - DN + USD
8/22 - TSP + JC - DN
9/27 - TSP + SC - DN
10/18 - TSP + JC - DN + USD
11/29 - TSP + JC - DN

Entry fee will be $75 for TSP only. $150 for total access.

SC = Shenandoah Circuit
JC = Jefferson Circuit
TSP = Triple Skid Pad
(DN + USD) means a jointly run event

get your shizzil together lets roll!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:58 PM
JuanFunction2ND
Sponsor
Function:Tuned

sweet!... i have to make it out, i havent practiced in a while...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:49 AM
ZRuggernDC

Originally Posted by memphis350z
next event is on the 17th,,,glad to see some more z/g guys out there representing!i had a great time, next event the same track (jefferson) will be used. I wish it was shannondoah but oh well its still crazy fun!!!
Only problem with the one in May is that it is the same time as the F:T'd BBQ. So I know for a fact MDRacer76 and Myself wont be going to Drift Nirvana but the one in June though.. We are putting together a big meet. I think we should have some sort of Mid-A Z and G contest to make things interesting..
Old 04-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by ZRuggernDC
Only problem with the one in May is that it is the same time as the F:T'd BBQ. So I know for a fact MDRacer76 and Myself wont be going to Drift Nirvana but the one in June though.. We are putting together a big meet. I think we should have some sort of Mid-A Z and G contest to make things interesting..
Im in....lets go.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:16 AM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

Sweet not going until June will give me more time to get my car ready

Quick Reply: April 19th: Drift Nirvana/USA Drift/Meet