Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Vredestein Sessanta

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Mz.Bernadette™
damn, 42psi F and 37 psi R..isn't that a LITTLE too much?
I ran 40 all the way around and it feels like driving on water balloons. I'm taking it in to someone next week for an expert opinion..
Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 AM
bdavids1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, 42psi F and 37 psi R..isn't that a LITTLE too much?
It might not have been quite that high, but I remember originally thinking "this seems a tad much" but ended up loving the result. I really wish I could find that spreadsheet...
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Chick driving stock Z with paper tags still on.
And you may be right about needing a better tire. I can always take the beater out on rainy days, but if it happens to rain while I have the Z out I'd be screwed.
C'mon now, the tires aren't THAT bad! lol..they still aren't cheap tires that you can buy for $75 a piece
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

I ran 40 all the way around and it feels like driving on water balloons. I'm taking it in to someone next week for an expert opinion..
LOL 40PSI's?! hmm...can you explain this "driving on waterballoons" feeling?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

Originally Posted by bdavids1
It might not have been quite that high, but I remember originally thinking "this seems a tad much" but ended up loving the result. I really wish I could find that spreadsheet...
hmm..wat size were the rims and tires that you runnin that high of PSI's?
Spreadsheet? ..was it a generic spreadsheet..or was it specifically for your car?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
WYZIWYG

LOL 40PSI's?! hmm...can you explain this "driving on waterballoons" feeling?
Easy. In my Corolla, it feels as if the wheels/suspension are taking the bumps/potholes/etc for me. In the Z, it feels like I'm sitting up too high and not in control at all on wet surfaces. I have to concentrate harder to keep myself in my lane, as the car pulls left to right as I drive. It means I drive much slower because I'm afraid I'm either going to spin out or drift [and not Tokyo style] into the next lane of traffic.
On a clear dry day, they're good to go but anything over a slight drizzle and it feels like my car is having an epileptic seizure...

BTW, how did you get your sig name trademarked??
Old 04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

Easy. In my Corolla, it feels as if the wheels/suspension are taking the bumps/potholes/etc for me. In the Z, it feels like I'm sitting up too high and not in control at all on wet surfaces. I have to concentrate harder to keep myself in my lane, as the car pulls left to right as I drive. It means I drive much slower because I'm afraid I'm either going to spin out or drift [and not Tokyo style] into the next lane of traffic.
On a clear dry day, they're good to go but anything over a slight drizzle and it feels like my car is having an epileptic seizure...

BTW, how did you get your sig name trademarked??
Hmm..I see what youre saying about the wheels, suspension, shocks, etc on your corolla, but you and I both know that a Toyota corolla is not built like a 350z nor are they made for the same purpose.

To me, in sedans like that when it comes to wheels they’re deff not putting Falken 615’s or something on them..but more of a “all season” non-street performance type deal. Because its not a sports car.

Suspension and shocks and such on a sedan are supposed to absorb more of the sh*t you drive thru (potholes,bumps, etc) for a comfortable, smooth ride..and those types of cars sit higher

These cars deff don’t perform that well in snow or rain. That’s wat AWD is good for and it doesn’t have to be these cars in particular but more of rear wheel drive thing, but overall I think the handling and suspension response on the these cars (on a clear dry day) is not that bad...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM
WYZIWYG

Hmm..I see what youre saying about the wheels, suspension, shocks, etc on your corolla, but you and I both know that a Toyota corolla is not built like a 350z nor are they made for the same purpose.

To me, in sedans like that when it comes to wheels they’re deff not putting Falken 615’s or something on them..but more of a “all season” non-street performance type deal. Because its not a sports car.

Suspension and shocks and such on a sedan are supposed to absorb more of the sh*t you drive thru (potholes,bumps, etc) for a comfortable, smooth ride..and those types of cars sit higher

These cars deff don’t perform that well in snow or rain. That’s wat AWD is good for and it doesn’t have to be these cars in particular but more of rear wheel drive thing, but overall I think the handling and suspension response on the these cars (on a clear dry day) is not that bad...
Yeah I know but since I own both cars, they're really my only frame of reference. But even with the stock 17s, I had more control and could maintain a straight line without using a deathgrip driving style.
I'm taking it in to Robbie's lil bro for his opinion and then looking at switching these out for a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s. I don't regret going to a larger diameter wheel but I definitely should have done better homework before shelling out cash for tires.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Jgrizzle

I love my F1s
Old 04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

Yeah I know but since I own both cars, they're really my only frame of reference. But even with the stock 17s, I had more control and could maintain a straight line without using a deathgrip driving style.
I'm taking it in to Robbie's lil bro for his opinion and then looking at switching these out for a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s. I don't regret going to a larger diameter wheel but I definitely should have done better homework before shelling out cash for tires.
those are nice, but the pattern is very similar to the 452's.
shellin out cash for tires? ...how much were your falkens?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Jgrizzle

I have great wet traction with my F1s I got the all seasons though. And i havent seen too much comprimise in dry either. (of course im not tracking my car either)
Old 04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
WYZIWYG

those are nice, but the pattern is very similar to the 452's.
shellin out cash for tires? ...how much were your falkens?
I want to say about $900+ on the rim and out the door but I can check my reciepts and give an accurate quote tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
I have great wet traction with my F1s I got the all seasons though. And i havent seen too much comprimise in dry either. (of course im not tracking my car either)
What size wheel are you running? I had a guy at Mr. Tire wish me good luck finding an AS tire for a 19 inch wheel. Needless to say, they didn't get any business from me that day.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:43 AM
bdavids1

The spreadsheet was one I found on the Internet years ago, for autocross, for calculating ideal tire pressure given weight distribution and tire size. It gave the theoretical ideal, and was useful as a starting point. Since it was for autocross, I found a happy medium between its recommended #s and Nissan's.

While part of me hates spending a lot of money, I feel it's worth it to not skimp on tires. They're all that keep you connected to the road.

The wider tires will want to follow grooves in the road. Other than that, it shouldn't be pulling to one side. Sounds like it could be an alignment issue.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Jgrizzle

What size wheel are you running? I had a guy at Mr. Tire wish me good luck finding an AS tire for a 19 inch wheel. Needless to say, they didn't get any business from me that day.
Im just running stock sizes. I shouldve paid attention to what setup you had.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Jgrizzle

I know they make 235/35-19 im not sure if they make any bigger though
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
JohnnyHT

Have you considered RE-11's or Direzza SS's?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
I know they make 235/35-19 im not sure if they make any bigger though
I'm gonna take them back next week and see what they can do for me. They've barely got any mileage on them but I highly doubt you can exchange/return used tires if you're not satisfied. I FIAL at tire buying...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Mz.Bernadette™

Originally Posted by bdavids1
The spreadsheet was one I found on the Internet years ago, for autocross, for calculating ideal tire pressure given weight distribution and tire size. It gave the theoretical ideal, and was useful as a starting point. Since it was for autocross, I found a happy medium between its recommended #s and Nissan's.

While part of me hates spending a lot of money, I feel it's worth it to not skimp on tires. They're all that keep you connected to the road.

The wider tires will want to follow grooves in the road. Other than that, it shouldn't be pulling to one side. Sounds like it could be an alignment issue.
Google it!! maybe you'll be able to find it that way! lol

+1 >>While part of me hates spending a lot of money, I feel it's worth it to not skimp on tires. They're all that keep you connected to the road.

The wider tires will want to follow grooves in the road. Other than that, it shouldn't be pulling to one side. Sounds like it could be an alignment issue
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Mz.Bernadette™

I'm gonna take them back next week and see what they can do for me. They've barely got any mileage on them but I highly doubt you can exchange/return used tires if you're not satisfied. I FIAL at tire buying...
Arent there place where they'll buy your used tires off of you?
Where'd you buy them from anyways?

Quick Reply: Vredestein Sessanta