Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Vredestein Sessanta

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your rear tires are either toe in'd or out by a degree too far. That's why you experience the wonderful left to right pulling feel aka bump steer aka the syndrome that eats tire life. Expect no more than 7k off of those tires if you're experiencing bad bump steer.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mz.Bernadette™
Arent there place where they'll buy your used tires off of you?
Yeah Mid A market place !!!

j/k............kind of
Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Arent there place where they'll buy your used tires off of you?
Where'd you buy them from anyways?
[puts on flame suit] At Sears. I'll see what the return policy states (if any) when I get home tonite. I've heard some places do that but always figured it was a gimmick.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Jgrizzle

You might want to consider dropping a little coin on a really good alignment. (not going to sears but a real shop that deals with bigger wheels/tires nad sports cars). I mean your looking at 900 dollars that might be able to be saved with an additional $150 or so.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Jgrizzle

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...ml#post7213611
Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Mz.Bernadette™

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
[puts on flame suit] At Sears. I'll see what the return policy states (if any) when I get home tonite. I've heard some places do that but always figured it was a gimmick.
O, Sears..hmm that kinda explains it. I'm surprised that place is still around. However, I heard that they have a pretty awesome policy with craftsman tools..if your break it..just bring it in and they'll replace it for you for free!

Hmm..i'm pretty sure i know or heard of places that do that. I mean you might not get what your expecting but its better than nothing..esp if you plan on gettin new tires
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
You might want to consider dropping a little coin on a really good alignment. (not going to sears but a real shop that deals with bigger wheels/tires nad sports cars). I mean your looking at 900 dollars that might be able to be saved with an additional $150 or so.
True or False. When I got my suspension done, I had an alignment done soon after [with the 17s] and someone told me I didn't need another one for the 19s since it was already done once. Should I have just paid for two alignments then???
Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Mz.Bernadette™

True or False. When I got my suspension done, I had an alignment done soon after [with the 17s] and someone told me I didn't need another one for the 19s since it was already done once. Should I have just paid for two alignments then???
lol you asked true or false but then asked about 2 alignments.

So you got your suspension done and got an alignment after, then put 19's later and you were told you didn't need to get another alignment???
Old 04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Jgrizzle

yeah but did you get it done at sears? Im not trying flame im just saying sears is for honda accords. 350z alignments are a fickle thing. You may want to try another alignment. I mean it sounds like you dont like driving your car at all because of this issue.

Again im not flaming im just trying to see where you might have problems. I mean it may just be the tires.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 PM
WYZIWYG

lol you asked true or false but then asked about 2 alignments.

So you got your suspension done and got an alignment after, then put 19's later and you were told you didn't need to get another alignment???
I'm sorry, I'm working and switching back and forth between sites. I had the suspension done [sways/coils] then had an alignment. I already knew bigger wheels were coming so I asked would I need a second alignment and was told no since the Z has some weird way to align it and one time should be good enough. But if what Anh said is correct I made need to get another alignment done. I looked up bump steer and that's exactly how my car handles on wet roads: like each wheel is fighting to go in it's own direction.

[Sorry OP for the thread hi-jack ]
Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Jgrizzle

Keep us posted with what you find out man
Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
yeah but did you get it done at sears? Im not trying flame im just saying sears is for honda accords. 350z alignments are a fickle thing. You may want to try another alignment. I mean it sounds like you dont like driving your car at all because of this issue.

Again im not flaming im just trying to see where you might have problems. I mean it may just be the tires.
Yeah they did it there. I should've known better, but this is my first "sports" car and I'm nowhere near a shop that can do all the work in one session and then let me drive it home. I'm calling in sick tomorrow and taking my car to a reputable place and see whats up.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Project3fiftyZ

Maybe I am being slow but I missed the general opinion about this tire...looks like they are good considering how much they cost but are dangerous in the rain?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Jgrizzle

Yeah they did it there. I should've known better, but this is my first "sports" car and I'm nowhere near a shop that can do all the work in one session and then let me drive it home. I'm calling in sick tomorrow and taking my car to a reputable place and see whats up.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Im really interested to see if the alignment fixes it. On the other hand. I hope it doesnt rain anytime soon for you to find out HA
Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Mz.Bernadette™

I'm sorry, I'm working and switching back and forth between sites. I had the suspension done [sways/coils] then had an alignment. I already knew bigger wheels were coming so I asked would I need a second alignment and was told no since the Z has some weird way to align it and one time should be good enough. But if what Anh said is correct I made need to get another alignment done. I looked up bump steer and that's exactly how my car handles on wet roads: like each wheel is fighting to go in it's own direction.

[Sorry OP for the thread hi-jack ]
lol its okay, i'm doing the same thing.
Well, some say that you wouldn't have to, but in my opinion it makes sense to get them aligned again. You shouldn't necessarily have to settle for "good enough" when it comes to stuff like that. Esp since you gettin new rims with a bigger radius.
I mean your taking the wheels off..
mounting and balancing then aligning the wheels all at the same time makes sense.

+1 on what Anh said
Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Mz.Bernadette™

Originally Posted by Project3fiftyZ
Maybe I am being slow but I missed the general opinion about this tire...looks like they are good considering how much they cost but are dangerous in the rain?
Well..it started off about tires..then a little bit about suspension, etc in the mix..then became an alignment issue. It's all tied in somehow...
Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Project3fiftyZ
Last thought for the day then I'm out folks...

My opinion [take it for what it's worth] they handle as well as your stock Craptenzas do on dry pavement. In the rain, or even after it's stopped raining and the streets are just wet...they suck more *** than [EDITED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE]. Even after the alignment gets done [tomorrow] I'll still be looking into investing in some new rubber. I'd rather blow another $900 bucks then be the next contestant on So You Crashed Your Z.

Have a great time at your BBQ Mz. B!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
rockinbboy

Never even heard of those tire brands.