Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:30 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I don't see how you use the impact wrench, on the Z the top of the shaft is like 6mm and then you rotate the nut around the shaft.
oh i was referring to the s2000 lol...
Old 02-26-2010, 05:27 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H.M.F.I.C
I was set on getting an exhaust first........but after reading about how the 350z is similar to the s2000 as in coming from factory pretty maxxed out, and how bolt on's usually dont net so much hp, i've decided to concentrate that moola on the little fixtures of the car. I feel since I already bought the rims, and having the windows tinted tomorrow....i should continue that route.

Besides.... i get this feeling deep inside that i'm going to boost my z lol....it always happens lol
A wise man once said, the 350Z doesn't really shine until around 350WHP

I happen to agree, it's such a wonderful well rounded car.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:27 AM
jeffie7

oh i was referring to the s2000 lol...
Doesn't the S2000 work the same way? you have a shaft with a nut, you hold the top of the shift while rotating the nut until its off?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Doesn't the S2000 work the same way? you have a shaft with a nut, you hold the top of the shift while rotating the nut until its off?
I just looked at my car... the impact wrench will DEF work on this car... the impact wrench will def loosen it to the point where you can just use a wrench and a pair of plyers to loosen it the rest of the way...

People normally try to use steady pressure and pull on bolts and nuts that are hard to budge... this is the WRONG way to do it...shocking it loose is the best way.. just like an impact wrench.. Doing steady pressure and pulling will always always always increase your chance of stripping the nut/bolt...

So with the bolt to the top hat on the shock, using an impact wrench twists the nut off the shock quicker than the shock itself can keep up...

this is why most of the time you don't need to try to use a wrench and a pair of plyers trying to hold the shock in place while twisting the nut off...ofcourse using compressors would be ideal if you decide to take the whole thing out first so all you have to do is just use the impact wrench.....

but if the shock/spring setup isnt really pressurized much after taking the assembly out, i usually just stand on the spring itself and use the impact wrench... all it does is "pop" and move about 2 inches and its now disassembled..

Last edited by H.M.F.I.C; 02-26-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by Barnabas
he is banned from the forums, multible times.

he had a blue 350z with
cf hood
cf doors
and a replica veilsidev3 front bumper

house speakers in his car to replace the rear speakers and had the wires running through the mesh to the trunk where the speakers were....
I never liked the way the guy presents himself.
Hey what's this JGrizzle fan club i keep seeing lol
There is also a joy ride fan club on facebook lol
Old 02-26-2010, 05:50 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Originally Posted by Chen
I never liked the way the guy presents himself.

There is also a joy ride fan club on facebook lol
but what is the club? hahaha
Old 02-26-2010, 05:50 AM
jeffie7

I just looked at my car... the impact wrench will DEF work on this car... the impact wrench will def loosen it to the point where you can just use a wrench and a pair of plyers to loosen it the rest of the way...

People normally try to use steady pressure and pull on bolts and nuts that are hard to budge... this is the WRONG way to do it...shocking it loose is the best way.. just like an impact wrench.. Doing steady pressure and pulling will always always always increase your chance of stripping the nut/bolt...

So with the bolt to the top hat on the shock, using an impact wrench twists the nut off the shock quicker than the shock itself can keep up...

this is why most of the time you don't need to try to use a wrench and a pair of plyers trying to hold the shock in place while twisting the nut off...
So does the impact socket slip over the whole strut shaft reaching down to the nut? If that's the case then I can see it working. Impact guns make life easy =) Too bad my compressor isn't up to the task of giving my impact gun enough air to use it for more then a 1 second burst.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by Barnabas
if im not mistaken thats the one the Joy_ride on here has... hers still has cats and its not very loud, never heard it catless.
Her is just a axle back. If you have $$ for hfcs go with hfcs. If you get pulled over and a cop does a check for your cats and they're not there, they will slap you with a $2500 fine and/or impound your car. Emissions station can do the same except they wont impound it.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 AM
H.M.F.I.C

So does the impact socket slip over the whole strut shaft reaching down to the nut? If that's the case then I can see it working. Impact guns make life easy =) Too bad my compressor isn't up to the task of giving my impact gun enough air to use it for more then a 1 second burst.
yea.. what i use is just a long toob socket... i like toob.. sounds funny lol

and just take a quick couple of turns.. and its loose.. boomderyago.

But i actually have an electric Dewalt impact wrench with 345lbs of tq... seems to break everything loose i throw at it...
Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Her is just a axle back. If you have $$ for hfcs go with hfcs. If you get pulled over and a cop does a check for your cats and they're not there, they will slap you with a $2500 fine and/or impound your car. Emissions station can do the same except they wont impound it.
gotcha... see.. this is why i want it to be as close to stock looking as possible

I just want a little more rumble.. i dont want it to be loud and obnoxious...So i figured an axle back is fine....

I say this because again.... i may go FI one day hahahaha... dont wanna spend all my moola on stuff now and then upgrade again later..

in the mean time.. a little rumble will make me happy
Old 02-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Chen

WHY DIDNT HONDA DO THIS!!!!!! THATS FRICKEN GENIUS!

Independant!!! well i'm sure its because there isnt any room for JACK around the car... soo...

WEll then.. this is definitely going to be an easy job hahahaha..

the front seems to be easy as well..

Thanks gentleman.. that settles it lol
Haha honda is KNOWN for their double wishbone suspension. Honda's rear suspension is crazy looking!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:06 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Haha honda is KNOWN for their double wishbone suspension. Honda's rear suspension is crazy looking!
Seriously!

gotta take out the panels in the trunk.. unbolt the Gas toob... yes.. the toob where you pour the gas in, pull it inside the trunk and tie it away from the shock cuz it sits right over it...

then unbolt the rest of the crap...
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 AM
H.M.F.I.C

YES! my old turbo kit is pending sale for my s2000!! this funds my new more powerful turbo kit that's being installed at the shop now HE HE!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Chen

I need to get my diesel on! Been uber slacking since school started.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 AM
H.M.F.I.C

I need to get my diesel on! Been uber slacking since school started.
I take it you mean working out.

Man i haven't done so in a month...I had a shoulder injury in martial arts so i'm still healing.. but i'm trying to start to run again... i hate trying to run after a long break... sucks
Old 02-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Chen

I take it you mean working out.

Man i haven't done so in a month...I had a shoulder injury in martial arts so i'm still healing.. but i'm trying to start to run again... i hate trying to run after a long break... sucks
I cant stand running. Its soooooo hard to concentrate on the damn treadmill or elyptical machine
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
H.M.F.I.C

I cant stand running. Its soooooo hard to concentrate on the damn treadmill or elyptical machine
i hate the treadmill as well.. but i try to listen to music or have a tv in front of me... but sometimes you get the nice ladies lookin hot runnin around or runnin on the treadmill in front of you and that keeps the mind occupated some lol.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Chen

i hate the treadmill as well.. but i try to listen to music or have a tv in front of me... but sometimes you get the nice ladies lookin hot runnin around or runnin on the treadmill in front of you and that keeps the mind occupated some lol.
Music works only so long for me. All the "ladies" that go to my gym are beyond old. I don't really want to look at skeletons with skin. The only decent one is this girl that goes to my school, other than that its mainly dudes....
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM
350zfan1

Ummm thats why you throw the old pt belt on and hit the streets to run ... scenery , trees , all are interesting imo to focus on while getting your run on.

Then again i have to start runing in boots to get me ready for airborne school in may hopefully.

Last edited by 350zfan1; 02-26-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Originally Posted by 350zfan1
Ummm thats why you throw the old pt belt on and hit the streets to run ... scenery , trees , all are interesting imo to focus on while getting your run on.
agree!

This is why i like to run outside... the miles go by quicker...

Mainly cuz i get to see the cars and women....

I usually like to run over the key bridge into g-town and stuff..

but it's damn cold!!!

Quick Reply: Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread