Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZS14
hey how about you get a epic pho or sushi meet going on again ^^
Eten isn't Vietnamese or Japanese.

I'm about to pull the Z out of the garage to check all vac lines and then take it out for some fun.

Glad everyone else is busy today.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:32 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

still he can plan something.^
Old 08-07-2010, 08:56 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by ZS14
still he can plan something.^
Hes Chinese, Chinese can't plan ****.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:04 PM
tragedycat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I made a post this morning regarding the turbo kit for sale from Function Tuned in the Mid-A Marketplace. Come back this afternoon and apparently the OP had deleted the thread after asking for opinions regarding the situation. I guess he didn't like my opinion?

I have not had any work done at FT nor am I a supporter of any of their competition. I was simply posting as a general consumer and Z/G enthusiast in the Mid-A area. For shame...
Old 08-07-2010, 06:07 PM
jeffie7

You guys missed out on some fun times, had the Z out for about 3 hours and drove places with no goal in mind. Went down the severn backroads, went over to Annapolis, felt like a badass **** ******* driving downtown annapolis, then over towards bowie. I forgot just how many heads the Z turns =)~

Highlight of the day, I was able to play with a bike. I made a Yamaha R6 feel pretty bad. At least he gave me the thumbs up after he caught up.

Fun times.

Tomorrow = Cleaning the Z day =`(
Old 08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
user 7373

So jeffie thats your whoal plan for tomorrow just clean the Z because I know its going to take you at least like 3hrs
Old 08-07-2010, 06:59 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
You guys missed out on some fun times, had the Z out for about 3 hours and drove places with no goal in mind. Went down the severn backroads, went over to Annapolis, felt like a badass **** ******* driving downtown annapolis, then over towards bowie. I forgot just how many heads the Z turns =)~

Highlight of the day, I was able to play with a bike. I made a Yamaha R6 feel pretty bad. At least he gave me the thumbs up after he caught up.

Fun times.

Same here. Getting up early and doing a quick wash/wax before it gets hot out tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by tragedycat
Wow, I made a post this morning regarding the turbo kit for sale from Function Tuned in the Mid-A Marketplace. Come back this afternoon and apparently the OP had deleted the thread after asking for opinions regarding the situation. I guess he didn't like my opinion?

I have not had any work done at FT nor am I a supporter of any of their competition. I was simply posting as a general consumer and Z/G enthusiast in the Mid-A area. For shame...
So let me get this straight. You never had any firsthand experience with FT yet you posted negative feedback and you find it logical to shame them?
How stupid do you think we are? Do you expect the rest of us to jump on your hater bandwagon?
Well I have never met or had any firsthand experience with you but in my opinion I think you're an idiot.
What do you think of my opinion?

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 08-07-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Solid day of autox today......I killed more cones today then I have in the past 5 events combined, but still came out with a solid result. My best raw run (not including cone penalties) was 11th quick on the day out of 60ish.

Here is what the course looked like from a 500whp 2250lb cobra. This car and driver run at the national level in SCCA XP (highest in the business for non open wheel cars). He had me covered by over 5 seconds to give you an idea. Him hitting the rev-limiter is 72-73mph.......which he does several times per run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCiLgFq71gs

This thing is so fast it makes people actually ill from riding shotgun.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 08-07-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:40 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by mutation666
So jeffie thats your whoal plan for tomorrow just clean the Z because I know its going to take you at least like 3hrs
Nope, going to get up, head to Ledos to over see the breakfast rush, then maybe head out to lunch, do some shopping with the wife, come back home, wash the Z while linh plays in the garden, when I'm done we'll go running or do something together then off to dinner or we'll cook dinner. Then maybe a movie and if Linhs lucky I'll get frisky.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
tragedycat

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
So let me get this straight. You never had any firsthand experience with FT yet you posted negative feedback and you find it logical to shame them?
How stupid do you think we are? Do you expect the rest of us to jump on your hater bandwagon?
Well I have never met or had any firsthand experience with you but in my opinion I think you're an idiot.
What do you think of my opinion?

Sorry, but I'm entitled to form an opinion on something if both sides had presented their case and the OP was soliciting additional opinions on the matter. You need to get your head straight. I'm not here to fight anyone or get on any bandwagon.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by tragedycat
Sorry, but I'm entitled to form an opinion on something if both sides had presented their case and the OP was soliciting additional opinions on the matter. You need to get your head straight. I'm not here to fight anyone or get on any bandwagon.
Okay Judge Judy. You formed YOUR "Opinion" base off what someone else said and NOT firsthand experience. I'd even go so far as to guess that you don't even have any personal involvement with either party whatsoever other that what you've read on the interweb (meaning your not any close relation, friends, family, g@y lover, etc...). So basically you've formed your opinion based off information from unknown and possibly unreliable sources? Then you post "your opinion" on a totally unrelated thread expecting nothing? What? You didn't expect to stir up a bee's nest did you? I bet you were hoping that the entire MY350Z world would rise up and pay homage to you for presenting us with you infallible "opinion" right? You're the only person in the world that can guide all us stupid people into thinking just like you. I'm my opinion (NOT!) you must be a God or something (= dumb a$$) since you seem to know so much about everything without ever having to experience anything.
You are entitled to form an opinion but most intelligent people know when they should keep their opinions to themselves. Even young children know this DUH! Guess that make you dumber than a 2nd grader.

As far as me "needing to get my head straight"?
I don't need or take advice from a parrot that only know how to repeat what it's heard and knows nothing of what it's talking about.
Another thing about "OPINIONS"... Opinion are like a$$holes, everybody's got one and most of them are full of ****. I personally suggest you wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

Welcome to the forum noob! You're gonna to love it here.

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 08-08-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Armed Ferret

Someone's on her way back home to daddy:

Sadly the can isn't coming with. Sadface.

Oh well. Smith says it shoots leaps and bounds better with this barrel than it did with the last. He slugged it and for some reason the previous .308 barrel was actually around .310-.311, which explains the poor accuracy.

Soooooooooo ready to get back down to Quantico.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Armed Ferret
Someone's on her way back home to daddy:

Sadly the can isn't coming with. Sadface.

Oh well. Smith says it shoots leaps and bounds better with this barrel than it did with the last. He slugged it and for some reason the previous .308 barrel was actually around .310-.311, which explains the poor accuracy.

Soooooooooo ready to get back down to Quantico.

Very nice.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Armed Ferret

thank ya kindly.

sadly it's going to be wearing a Nikon Buckmaster for a little while....I was planning on getting a Leupy MK4 but then the wife decided we should buy a damn house.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Armed Ferret
thank ya kindly.

sadly it's going to be wearing a Nikon Buckmaster for a little while....I was planning on getting a Leupy MK4 but then the wife decided we should buy a damn house.
Who needs a house? LOL
Besides the Leupold MK4 are only another $1000-$1800 (depending) so it's really nothing but pennys compaired to a house. < WARNING! Use this argument and you might be killed by spouse.

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 08-08-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:12 PM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by jeffie7

Fun times.

no invite??
Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Armed Ferret

Yeah no kidding you big jerkwad.

I live on one of those Severn backroads.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
jeffie7

Today I had the car out again for awhile. For more pointless drives to nowhere =)
Some guy on one of the Severn backroads gave me a thumbs up lol. I also let Linh drive it.

Checked all vac lines, cleaned up a few things in the engine bay, Dumped out my catch can. made a new bracket for my front bumper cover for added support. washed it. and put it back up.

I realllly wanted to play with an M5 on 97 but there was way too much traffic =(
Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 PM
tragedycat

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Okay Judge Judy. You formed YOUR "Opinion" base off what someone else said and NOT firsthand experience. I'd even go so far as to guess that you don't even have any personal involvement with either party whatsoever other that what you've read on the interweb (meaning your not any close relation, friends, family, g@y lover, etc...). So basically you've formed your opinion based off information from unknown and possibly unreliable sources? Then you post "your opinion" on a totally unrelated thread expecting nothing? What? You didn't expect to stir up a bee's nest did you? I bet you were hoping that the entire MY350Z world would rise up and pay homage to you for presenting us with you infallible "opinion" right? You're the only person in the world that can guide all us stupid people into thinking just like you. I'm my opinion (NOT!) you must be a God or something (= dumb a$$) since you seem to know so much about everything without ever having to experience anything.
You are entitled to form an opinion but most intelligent people know when they should keep their opinions to themselves. Even young children know this DUH! Guess that make you dumber than a 2nd grader.

As far as me "needing to get my head straight"?
I don't need or take advice from a parrot that only know how to repeat what it's heard and knows nothing of what it's talking about.
Another thing about "OPINIONS"... Opinion are like a$$holes, everybody's got one and most of them are full of ****. I personally suggest you wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

Welcome to the forum noob! You're gonna to love it here.
Honestly I didn't even bother reading this ********. But thanks for taking the time to write up that dissertation. I hope you aren't representative of the community here, that'd be rather sad. I'm done with you.

Quick Reply: Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread