Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 PM
TrinitySRT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnabas
There just might be for you if your lucky
psht I want free pho too...
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
TrinitySRT
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70-xI-OgU0

lol it haz ballz!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FIAL lol I cant see it at work.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
350zfan1

Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 AM
woodrow88

Originally Posted by jasabeast
It was a real b!tch move Tina lol.. j/k
Ill probably show for dinner most likely... i decided im ordering Work XD9's in matte bronze
18x9 +18
18x10 +20
When i get back from the beach they should be ordered
nice choice that just reminded me i need to get on my wheels agian i have been slacking on new mods.... anyone selling anything
Originally Posted by kyle22
whats up everyone?
whats going on
Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Ilyich26

Sorry a little late on the post but I think low risk inmates should be sent to Iraq/Afghanistan to work instead of the TCN's, hell we guard them the same way as inmates and they can serve the country at same time. And honestly they can't be any worse then what I saw they did over there. And it could have a positive impact on them with they can see what they take for granted in the ole USA.

Just my .02 as a sarge

Greg
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 AM
woodrow88

Originally Posted by Ilyich26
Sorry a little late on the post but I think low risk inmates should be sent to Iraq/Afghanistan to work instead of the TCN's, hell we guard them the same way as inmates and they can serve the country at same time. And honestly they can't be any worse then what I saw they did over there. And it could have a positive impact on them with they can see what they take for granted in the ole USA.

Just my .02 as a sarge

Greg
that sounds really good but seems alittle high risk your putting inmates with US soilders i dont know let me think about that haha it just seems dangerous.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:02 AM
woodrow88

barny what do you think you are there i dont know whats it like
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Barnabas

Just my .02 as a sarge

Greg
I agree and disagree I think they should work for the government instead of us paying for them to live on the state budget, but.... I think it would be more dangerous then the TCN's working and they wouldnt want to be there soo what would be there incentive to work, eat, live??? How could you make them take care of themselvs.

When subjected to the harsh life of the desert you reallly dont know how they would react and we can olny doo soo much.

The TCN's actually want to work and very few are actually spying or doing anythingn like. Yes they do crappy work but they work thier asses off and try as hard as they can. When they get good at something they do a hell of a job.

They are hard workers you cant take that away from them at least.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by woodrow88
barny what do you think you are there i dont know whats it like
I think if you are here and it is not by free choice it could be extremely detremantal to your health.

Just the heat and the stress levels and the same exact thing every day , same sights, and same everything. It can start to wear on you if your not military or here by choice I can see where you may go to certain extremes wich would not be good at all...
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Ilyich26

I can see your view point as well Barny, I just got back from my 8 mnth tour @ Balad in Jan. Yes the TCN's do work hard but if a half term sentence for a non violent offender given the choice I believe they may take it. Maybe at sentencing give them the choice i.e. 10 yrs peniteniary or 4 yrs labor in the AOR. Of course some brave guards would have to be assigned but as you know contractors make a small fortune over there (all but KBR those guys are shafted in comparison) And they get to serve their country in some sort of compacity.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Barnabas

I can see your view point as well Barny, I just got back from my 8 mnth tour @ Balad in Jan. Yes the TCN's do work hard but if a half term sentence for a non violent offender given the choice I believe they may take it. Maybe at sentencing give them the choice i.e. 10 yrs peniteniary or 4 yrs labor in the AOR. Of course some brave guards would have to be assigned but as you know contractors make a small fortune over there (all but KBR those guys are shafted in comparison) And they get to serve their country in some sort of compacity.
I think if you were to offer them one year work here for 1 1/2 to 2 yrs off there sentence instead on the one for one swap they have the option for workign right now they may go for it. However you would have to take away all money making opportunities that are available for them currently and you would have to offer the option for them to return to the states.

It could work and be VERY cost effective and save the government allot of money however im not soo sure they will ever coem to doign this. I woudl love to see it happen.

I dont know if any of you know it but there is a federal penitentary on FT Dix in NJ adn they have the inmates that have earned the right to do so to cut the grass do landscaping and other work. I however do not know whether or not they are compansated for this.

When I worked at pizza hut as a delivery driver right out of HS there was a cook who was in jail and on the work program. (submits his schedule then is released form work for the hours then gets searched when he reenters.) For this he gets one day off his sentence for every "good" day he has. But he was turning in false schedules having people at work "cover" for him and all kinds of stuff. Go figure 4 days before he is supposed to get out he ****s up (Iforget exactely what he did) and all his "good" days were stripped and he had to serve them all and lost his privilige to work.

There is allot that could be done to improve the systema and I am sure I could come up with some very cost effective measures but I dont think they are willign to pay me to operate the Jail/work program lol
Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Barnabas

o0o and I agree KBR is shafted on wages and Civilians make a killing which is why I want to come back over here as one

BTW what MOS and job in Balad??
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Ilyich26

I'm a 12yr Air Force E-6, 2T370 vehicle maintenance, I grew up in Catonsville but I'm stationed @ Bolling and live in Jessup off of Guilford Rd. I was in Balad from May 08-Jan 09 and I was NCOIC of the MRAP shop, we had 114 IMG's and Cougars, and 78 UAHMMWVs. Prolly making another trip to the sandbox Dec/Jan this yr.

Greg
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Barnabas

Nice!!! I have been in the army 2 years now E4 and I work in the batallion "two" shop. You guys dont need an intel guy do you??? lol I wouldnt mind deploying with the air force you guys are pretty cool!! YOu dont have any connections for intel work on Bolling do you???

Im looking for a new job when I get home and Intel is a good civilian field I would love to break into it.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Ilyich26

DIA is always hiring, USAjobs would be your friend right now. I think NSA is also looking, but sorry I'm not a huge fan of NSA politics, you need to know someone there to even be considered. Other then that nope, just a grease monkey sitting in Customer Service at VM waiting for someone to turn a truck in!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

.............................. so
i'm getting a new cat today.... lol
Old 06-03-2009, 08:54 AM
woodrow88

kool.....
Old 06-03-2009, 08:54 AM
woodrow88