Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Sway Bars!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 AM
vtchang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woodrow88
is sway bars a must have? like is it worth it
Ultimately it boils down to how much money are you willing to shed for marginal difference (imo). While many may say that coil overs produce night and day differences. Call me cheap, call me Asian but $2k or even $3k for a good set is more than what I am willing to pay. Night and day differences for me at that price is getting AWD car for a few more thousand.

$300 for sways was worth it to me , but be warned, once you start, its hard to stop.

Go get a set, its worth it
Old 06-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that would be up to the customer to decide which best suits their needs/wants

as for your original question, it first depends on which swaybars you have - best thing to do is play with the settings and find one that suits your needs/driving style
Old 06-19-2009, 09:02 AM
woodrow88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think im going to pick some up soon anyone selling theres? haha
Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by woodrow88
i think im going to pick some up soon anyone selling theres? haha
Pretty cheap brand new. I'm pretty sure Hotchkis sway bars are $350 or less.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:29 AM
woodrow88

kool i look into them thanks.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have hotchkis sways and cusco front arms soo you guys can come check them out when I I go to put them on

Thanks Z1
Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
abui01

To some this hobby is figured around price... and to others it's the performance (wait... wasn't it suppose to increase performance to begin with? I mean... that's why we buy these things right?) If you mod your car to mod your car, you might cap it by saying "I'm going to spend 10k for a bodykit, lowered, rims, etc... and that's IT!" but by doing so, you're taking the "performance" out of the hobby... which it was originally intended for.

To most individuals, they don't have a set goal in mind. Ask yourself, "what do I want to do with this thing?" And if your cup of tea is budget parts and hacking up a mod list just to say you "modded" your car... then more power to you. But if you really want your car to deliver what it's meant to deliver, then don't cheap out on good parts... ESPECIALLY COILOVERS!!!! (I cannot stress that enough)
Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by abui01
To some this hobby is figured around price... and to others it's the performance (wait... wasn't it suppose to increase performance to begin with? I mean... that's why we buy these things right?) If you mod your car to mod your car, you might cap it by saying "I'm going to spend 10k for a bodykit, lowered, rims, etc... and that's IT!" but by doing so, you're taking the "performance" out of the hobby... which it was originally intended for.

To most individuals, they don't have a set goal in mind. Ask yourself, "what do I want to do with this thing?" And if your cup of tea is budget parts and hacking up a mod list just to say you "modded" your car... then more power to you. But if you really want your car to deliver what it's meant to deliver, then don't cheap out on good parts... ESPECIALLY COILOVERS!!!! (I cannot stress that enough)
+1 on coilovers! I'm still saving up my pennies until I can afford a set of Bilstein PSS9!
Old 06-19-2009, 05:36 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by abui01

What's your take on the BC Coilovers? I know a lot of guys in the Mid-A have them including myself. I read a lot of reviews before I made my decision including the one Mike did. I'd consider Megan or Ark as budget coilovers though.

Originally Posted by bb1314
+1 on coilovers! I'm still saving up my pennies until I can afford a set of Bilstein PSS9!
Nice choice indeed

Last edited by MDHRZ; 06-20-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:08 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

if i keep the Z KW variants are going on my car. out with the BC's even tho i love them for what they are.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:03 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
What's your take on the BC Coilovers? I know a lot of guys in the Mid-A have them including myself. I read a lot of reviews before I made my decision including the one Mike did.
I base my decision on results at the track. No one with a set of BC Coilovers has ever won any type of event, not to say that they're bad, but I don't expect their entry-level coilovers starting at @ $900 having much R&D put into them compared to the 2k-3k counterparts. (you can actually get them for $650 if you know who to call)

I'd suggest those coils if you're going for a moderate upgrade over stock/lower your car/if you don't really care about performance. I see a lot of these reviews and people saying how much more "stiffer" their ride is... "Stiffer" doesn't translate to "handles better."

Take a ride w/ someone w/ a set of Zeal, KW Varients, Bilsteins, Cusco, HKS Hipermax... and you'll never turn back.