Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009 | 12:17 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Project3fiftyZ
Yep. It def matters where you live. Superchargedg is living the good life! I pay about $92 a month and that is with one speeding ticket in the Z.
Its only cause im 49 and they think i drive responcebly.
Old 07-02-2009 | 12:23 PM
iStan
ZR
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lv2DC_Z
Stan- I think I was flagged by viper due to the crew I ran with down there in the industrial parks heh
should have told them you were rollin in a Hyundai.
Old 07-02-2009 | 12:31 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

I was one of the main instigators out there hahaha. I wish I had my z down there. Boy do I miss vegas viva la specone
Old 07-02-2009 | 01:27 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

70 a month for full coverage 250 deduc and renters insurance rolled in with that
Old 07-02-2009 | 01:35 PM
ZS14RR

250.00 a month under my sisters name..
my name 450+ monthly 12+tickets
im 20
Old 07-02-2009 | 01:44 PM
Barnabas

damn you have allot of tickets...
Old 07-02-2009 | 01:50 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Shut up barb you have it on parking insurance right now
Old 07-02-2009 | 01:56 PM
Barnabas

no I pulled it off parking insurance for when I get home lol It was under 50 a month for that
Old 07-02-2009 | 02:07 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Well I guess divided my 3 cars by 1200. That 400 a car. Now divied by 6 .... about70 a month also
Old 07-02-2009 | 02:14 PM
Barnabas

yupp I cant wait to see when I add my bike and truck back on...NOT lol I dont think it wil be too bad
Old 07-02-2009 | 02:54 PM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

My last two tickets just got added to it so my new 6 month premium is 1,604 for just the Z 26 with 8 points and 1 not at fault accident.
Old 07-02-2009 | 03:19 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by ZS14
250.00 a month under my sisters name..
my name 450+ monthly 12+tickets
im 20
You drive like a douche
Old 07-03-2009 | 09:16 AM
Barnabas

I just got my motorcycle insurance quote for my new bike... $294 for 12 months
Old 07-03-2009 | 09:46 AM
jasabeast

lucky bastard
Old 07-03-2009 | 12:25 PM
Barnabas

Dont hate appreciate
Old 07-03-2009 | 02:23 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by PolarBearppw
My last two tickets just got added to it so my new 6 month premium is 1,604 for just the Z 26 with 8 points and 1 not at fault accident.
Holy **** batman....i would be taking the bus.
Old 07-03-2009 | 06:50 PM
JGURU

Rule #1 - There is no such thing as "full" coverage. There's always a breaking point when you may not be adequately insured. If you own a home or possess other large assets then purchase the highest liability coverage you can reasonably afford.

Rule #2 - An insurance rate is highly based on your regional location. Most of the major insurers will rate based on your zip code. They rarely place any bearing upon whether the car is garaged, in a parking lot, in the river, in a gated community, etc.

Rule #3 - If you've had a not-at-fault (or at-fault) accident in the past year, most companies will be unable to be competitive (pending other factors.) You'll likely want to stay with your current company until at least one year passes.

Rule #4 - 16-21 year old drivers are far more susceptible to be in an accident than any other age category. This is related to inexperience and a minimal risk profile. You are also the reason why other responsible Z owners pay higher rates for their Zs based on National Highway Safety data.

Rule #5- ALWAYS take the safe driver course ,when eligible, if you have received a speeding ticket. The points will be removed or reduced from your license, insurance rate will not change and the ticket will be unlikely to appear on your driving history with the assumption that the reduced fine is paid on time.

Rule #6 - Do not attempt to compare your rate with your neighbor's, friend's, uncle's, monkeys' uncle's, grandmother's, nephew's, etc. You won't be able to comprehend why this is the case due to complicated underwriting processes. It is also largely due to a vast difference in coverage. Your rate will never be equal to theirs - period. It will either be less or more. However, if you happen to meet yourself again in another life then feel free to discuss the issue in great detail.

Rule #7 - Just because you pay a low premium for insurance does not necessarily provide you with overall quality. In some cases, the old adage, "You get what you pay for," speaks volumes. Before you buy, check the financial ratings for stability and strength (if the company is publicly-traded) by following industry-standards tracked by S&P and A.M. Best.

Rule #8 - If your car is modified, DO NOT talk about it at length on a public forum. Especially, when the customization value is greater than that of your car.

Final rule - If you file a claim, don't give out more information than what is specifically requested by the adjusting staff. Your claim will likely be handled in an efficient manner and you'll be pleased with the results.
Old 07-03-2009 | 07:23 PM
Chen

Its like 750 for 6months i think...
Old 07-04-2009 | 09:38 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by JGURU
Rule #1 - There is no such thing as "full" coverage. There's always a breaking point when you may not be adequately insured. If you own a home or possess other large assets then purchase the highest liability coverage you can reasonably afford.

Rule #2 - An insurance rate is highly based on your regional location. Most of the major insurers will rate based on your zip code. They rarely place any bearing upon whether the car is garaged, in a parking lot, in the river, in a gated community, etc.

Rule #3 - If you've had a not-at-fault (or at-fault) accident in the past year, most companies will be unable to be competitive (pending other factors.) You'll likely want to stay with your current company until at least one year passes.

Rule #4 - 16-21 year old drivers are far more susceptible to be in an accident than any other age category. This is related to inexperience and a minimal risk profile. You are also the reason why other responsible Z owners pay higher rates for their Zs based on National Highway Safety data.

Rule #5- ALWAYS take the safe driver course ,when eligible, if you have received a speeding ticket. The points will be removed or reduced from your license, insurance rate will not change and the ticket will be unlikely to appear on your driving history with the assumption that the reduced fine is paid on time.

Rule #6 - Do not attempt to compare your rate with your neighbor's, friend's, uncle's, monkeys' uncle's, grandmother's, nephew's, etc. You won't be able to comprehend why this is the case due to complicated underwriting processes. It is also largely due to a vast difference in coverage. Your rate will never be equal to theirs - period. It will either be less or more. However, if you happen to meet yourself again in another life then feel free to discuss the issue in great detail.

Rule #7 - Just because you pay a low premium for insurance does not necessarily provide you with overall quality. In some cases, the old adage, "You get what you pay for," speaks volumes. Before you buy, check the financial ratings for stability and strength (if the company is publicly-traded) by following industry-standards tracked by S&P and A.M. Best.

Rule #8 - If your car is modified, DO NOT talk about it at length on a public forum. Especially, when the customization value is greater than that of your car.

Final rule - If you file a claim, don't give out more information than what is specifically requested by the adjusting staff. Your claim will likely be handled in an efficient manner and you'll be pleased with the results.

Good info!
Old 07-07-2009 | 08:52 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Jeez,i pay 126 a month.And i have a ten page driving record .

Quick Reply: insurance