Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

6th Annual Fall Skyline Drive, VA Cruise: Sunday, October 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im confused
Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Nicolasr21

David sorry that that happened. You are right turn out was great.
For the most part everyone was well behaved in my opinion. I mean we are all adults and if anyone did something out of line they should be held liable, however as far as you being ""[i]head criminal in charge of vehicle mayhem"" that is total nonsense. I was riding my motorcycle this time around I had my Pearl Z at the shop, but it was a blast ether way. We got into the park quickly so we got lucky and avoided the whole getting booted out the park, but A good 30+ cars did still make it all the way to Skyline Lodge...and we did end up exiting through 211 to try and avoid anymore BS. Luckily there were not Cops on 211 on our way out. Sorry you didn’t make it all the way down there.
Originally Posted by davidv
My apologises for promising a leisurely Sunday drive, then everyone getting hassled by the park police. It was certainly not my intention to turn everyone into criminals.

I approached one of the park cops to see why the various 350Z/G35 groups were being pulled over. I explained that I organised the cruise. Big mistake. I went from organiser to head criminal in charge of vehicle mayhem. Asked if I had a Special Use Permit , the Chief explained that we had upset the patrons, and ordered that we vacate the park immediately at VA211.

The Chief took my licence and registration, and said that I will be investigated for violating Title 16, U.S. Code and Title 36, Code of Federal Regulations, 2.50.

Despite the cops and being ordered to leave the park, turnout was nothing short of incredible!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Nicolasr21

Thats a good point man!!!
Originally Posted by bomber
What I don't understand is if we all paid the full entrance fee individually how they could call us a "group". In addition weren't we just expressing ourselves (First Amendment).

I agree BK FTW
Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Nicolasr21

Originally Posted by CH³NO²
Something else I'd like answered. What if I had just happened to decide to drive the Skyline Drive today in my Z. Not with this group or any group. You mean to tell me they can throw me out because of the type of car I'm driving????????????

I want my Lawyer
Then that would be total discrimination....I would think
Old 10-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Nicolasr21

Originally Posted by 07rdsterGT
Well the other 30 of us cruised around till 5 and then headed down 211 with no troubles from any rangers or LEOs. Sorry to hear about yalls (yeah I said yalls) group.

We have a lot of video and pictures to sift through. I saw so many people with cameras I'm going to make a thread just for posting the skyline pictures and videos. BRB
That would be great. I know last time you and your girl took some great pics and vids hope you share em again. Nice seeing you again btw buddy
Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Nicolasr21

Originally Posted by Chen
Had fun until i got rear ended by a Z. Oh well not bad at all just a few little chips. Bumper is not lopsided or anything.
Say what??????
Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Nicolasr21

50/50?

For half of us it did and half it didn't
I agree with ya on that one
Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
This is what we ALL need to do.

DavidV needs to post up his fines...and everyone needs to paypal him at least a dollar. I suggest 5 bucks, but I know some of us are broke college stundents.

DavidV please post up your paypal address so that we can all pay for the ticket, that we all earned. If there were people passing and driving like that, then we all had the responsibility to kick them out ourselves or to stop them. This is all about the turns, you can drive an idiot on your own terms.

One car peeled at at the Fing gate, I hear it was a red G, trying to located him. I heard the lambo and viper was doing like 100mph?

whats the scoop on all this? true or facts.

This is why I only do NGC stuff now, younger kids have no idea, someone could of easily killed a person crossing the street, or in the road taking pics at those speeds.

I have been to skyline drive about 25 times in my G. I have had a blast each and ever time.... this one blows and reminds me that large groups need to be takin to the track.

All of these so called skilled Fast and Furious drivers never show up to the track where they will get there azzes handed to them.

So done with this schit....
I received no ticket and paid no fines.

I met with the police chief and a civilian with a baby. The civilian complained that a race car had passed him at a high rate of speed almost causing an accident. The police chief mentioned “We have had a number of complaints.”

The group was huge. 90 percent of the drivers were cool, but as usual, several got crazy and took it too far. Unfortunately the entire group has been stigmatised for the actions of a few.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Nicolasr21

Our group was rolling at 20-35 MPH. Gzilla was leading that group. Didn't understand why we were doing 20 when there was no traffic in front of us or pedestrians. Doesn't matter though. Casey and I enjoyed the scenery and weather.
Yeah i know.......for the most part like 95% of the time on the way out, due to all the comotion we did under limit speeds.........
but those 211 turns did shake me up a little on the bike...man i felt like i dragged knees at every turn
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Nicolasr21
Yeah i know.......for the most part like 95% of the time on the way out, due to all the comotion we did under limit speeds.........
but those 211 turns did shake me up a little on the bike...man i felt like i dragged knees at every turn
Those turns were badass man..
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Nicolasr21, you can quote several people on the same post.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
jasabeast

I saved my only burnout for the McDonalds in Warrenton.

jeasbeast, your Z is stunning as well, especially that exhaust when I'm driving behind you. I really want to put a true dual in and do a tail tuck.
Thanks bro... yeah i love the GReddy exhaust it is amazing lol
Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think we made a hole in the ozone layer yesterday.

Then I got behind mike (03threefifty) and my eyes were watering. Even while cruising mike you are laying out billows of black smoke LOL I find it hard to believe you got such good mileage?????

Last edited by djamps; 10-05-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I was suffering asphyxiation by the time I got home......still had 2/5th's of a tank after 305 miles yesterday.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Nicolasr21

Angry

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
Nicolasr21, you can quote several people on the same post.
lol my fault....
Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
CH³NO²
Banned

Originally Posted by davidv
I received no ticket and paid no fines.

I met with the police chief and a civilian with a baby. The civilian complained that a race car had passed him at a high rate of speed almost causing an accident. The police chief mentioned “We have had a number of complaints.”
Probably the Lambo!

Most of the civilians I saw were smiling and waving when we cruised by.

By the way, if anyone was with the group that pulled off on that left hand overlook where we got lectured by the female Park Ranger, I was curious what her beef was? We were freaking parked when she pulled in behind us. I asked one guy what was up and he (jokingly) said they were looking for a yellow Z........I had one of 2 yellow Z's hahahaha very funny..........

This group here:

Last edited by CH³NO²; 10-05-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
bomber

Probably the Lambo!

By the way, if anyone was with the group that pulled off on that left hand overlook where we got lectured by the female Park Ranger, I was curious what her beef was? We were freaking parked when she pulled in behind us. I asked one guy what was up and he (jokingly) said they were looking for a yellow Z........I had one of 2 yellow Z's hahahaha very funny..........

This group here:
As soon as I saw the cruiser and the Ranger, I kept on keeping on.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
07rdsterGT

Probably the Lambo!

This group here:

That's me in the white shirt and white sunglasses. She said someone in a BLACK car was getting ready to pass another Z or G on a double yellow in our group all while she was coming the opposite direction on the road. I didn't see that and we were going to slow for passing. Corey (the dude to the left of me with the black hat) talked to her mainly and told her that we were just passing a cyclist on the road. She was cool, it was just a mis understanding.

And the other yellow Z that was there was a friend of a friend. I told them about the meet and they both brought their Z's out; neither are on the forums. He was an older guy who was well behaved, even cruising at 80 on 66 was too much for him...lol.

Last edited by 07rdsterGT; 10-05-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:18 PM
jasabeast

Probably the Lambo!

This group here:

I was a good bit behind you all... the cop turned her lights on cut off our group and hauled azz and when we rolled by she was stoped by yall.. so me and the two red G's kept going then stoped after the tunnel and waited for you all
Old 10-05-2009, 03:32 PM
widebody350

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I heard the lambo and viper was doing like 100mph?

whats the scoop on all this? true or facts.
I was with/behind them the whole time from Walmart and we had some fun but in the park we never hit 100. We got/I saw nothing but thumbs up and, "Look at those," kind of comments the whole way through. Most of the time through the park we were stuck behind cars goin slow as hell, some of which we did pass but only on long straights with the dotted lines, no excessive speed/dangerous situations at all.

Originally Posted by C5_vette
good seeing you again man, too bad they tagged you early on..
Good seeing you too man, been a long time. They got me and were serious about makin sure we left via 211 lol...are you goin to the D&V meet?

Originally Posted by Lv2DC_Z
Hey that wide body was clean as hell. I was the guy that left bk cuz of the wifey issue.
Thanks man, I didn't get a good look at your ride. It was nice meeting you though, hope to see you out again...def looking forward to your meets...is she feeling better btw?

Quick Reply: 6th Annual Fall Skyline Drive, VA Cruise: Sunday, October 4