Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Function Tuned???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
widebody350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea because the shop was really upgraded and the work really showed. Welding equipment? Might help if you had a competent welder. Isn't that one of your current issues? Something having to do with a roll cage in a GTR? Could be wrong...lol

Nothing is wise about putting yourself at risk. Was simply pointing out that the business was beyond saving and was failing.

I've deleted a lot of people I am "cool" with from facebook. If I don't associate with you or talk to you, then you got deleted. My "friends" went from 900ish to about 600ish. Sorry if that offended you. I will admit that I saw your car(I think) but I didn't see you and I'm not going to go search you out. That's just weird IMO.

The owner hasn't reported such damage. It's not hard to fix a bumper cover that popped off where it meets the fender. I never said the bumper was torn off the car or anything, but I would be pissed to find that my car was being moved in such a manner. I'm not concerned it's not like he will be treating any customers' cars like that anymore now will he?

I've stated numerous times in different threads here that it was the sway bar. If it says different on NAGTROC then I will be sure to go edit that.

90% sure I was already living with the dude when he moved locations, therefore, also at the time he moved the cars in this manner. Either way, because he is negligent in the way he moves/treats his customers' cars, wouldn't cause me to think he would be a bad person to live with for three months, especially when I'm out 90% of the time. It doesn't reflect on an individual's personal finances either.
- said by me.
Im 100% sure that you weren't as you and your former friend/roommate have not seen each other once since and you left town to go to school....Wait...except when you took your car to the shop next door (also not "Nissan Certified tech"s FYI) and no word were spoken.
What the hell are you even trying to say here? Obviously I was still on good terms with him since I was helping him move the cars. The cars were moved before I went to KY and I lived with him before I went to KY. What does us seeing each other have since I left have anything to do with something that happened before I left? How does your statement prove or make you sure that I wasn't living there at the time? What? lol.
BTW my Z was only there to have the hood taken off once and I had them perform some service on my Cobra. So no a Master Nissan Tech didn't work on my FORD Cobra lol.

The setting was at a max of 30PSI but from my understanding it hadn't reached that amount of PSI, when the motor went.

I think they did do an investigation, I'll get the details, but as you know it's very hard to say 100% who is at fault in situations such as this, which the shop owner is hiding behind again.

If it wasn't a shop's fault then why would the shop offer to replace them? Why offer to replace them only after a thread had been created that aired out all of the issues the owner had with that shop? Why call and threaten a customer and verbally abuse a customer telling them to take the thread down or else, instead of addressing the post with facts?

He(my friend/owner of Evo) declined because it was after the new motor had already been built so he had no wishes/reason to further any form of relationship with the shop or its owner. If the shop's owner had good intentions or planned to do what was right from the beginning he would have either; got the replacement pistons before the motor was built again, or refunded the money for said pistons.

That's why you personally went in that thread to try and see what you could do to salvage the situation? After the other shop(don't remember the name) had received the finger from the other shop owner? The other shop owner was the one who initially posted say how he was treated and warning Mid-A members of doing business with the sellers of the kit. I'd like to know what you did to satisfy the other shop or the individual who purchased the kit.

I can also infer that the installer/owner banged on the AMS exhaust in the same fashion he did my other friend's Borla, casuing it not to fit properly, even after the sway bar issue was fixed. The issue is that the shop owner charged AMS for measurements and install/uninstall due to his own mistake. It's covered in the link to NAGTROC.

I'll ask him for the invoice. Even though he was nickel and dimed, guess what? He isn't nickel and diming anyone anymore is he? He charged me $5 for shop supplies(bolts) when he sold me a stock sway bar. That's an example of nickeling and diming, which he did with the Evo as well, which is ridiculous, especially when the dude has $30k spent at the shop. Maybe when your business is failing that's the kind of stuff you need to do. Guess all that money he tried to milk people for didn't help him out in the end. People just took their cars/money elsewhere. Now you see the result.

I did let him know about the way the other cars were moved, as did one of my other friends who was there that night. He personally saw the conditions and elements the car was stored in. Outside with wires left unprotected, and all that he covered in his post on NAGTROC. It would have been very difficult for him to remove his car at that stage of the build, when he was waiting for so many parts to arrive and he had already paid for labor. We now can see that the shop couldn't have refunded him the money if he did pull his car.

Glad it's running well.

How's it going with AMEX?

My friends were there and witnessed me being asked for the letterhead alone, which you describe yourself as stupid. I guess that's why he is where/what he is . lol

In this thread I didn't bring up anything from the past. I simply offered my input as to why a company would go down, without anything personal said, or sharing my thoughts on the business, its practices or owner. I then posted a link which does contain some material that I find interesting, and offered a viable option for those in the Mid-A who want to modify or service their cars. You brought up everything from the past...mang lol.

I don't understand what is going through your head since none of the aforementioned matters. The shop others and myself have had issues with, no longer matters.

The owner (or should I say previous owner) saw my friend today on the road and said f*ck you to him. My friend laughed at him, hysterically from what he said. I will do the same. I've proven time and again. You and the previous shop owner come back and try to refute, but everything I say I have witnesses too, and facts to back up, so now I'll do the same. Sit back and ROTFLMAO.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WEll I started this thread as a legitimate question as to what had happened to F:T. I did NOT startthis for people to rehash old storys or flame anyone.

I will ask that this thread is closed now since my questions have been answered.

Best of luck to dave, robbie, and the rest of functioned Tuned as you guys recover and decide what your next plan of action is.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I know friends that know that evo guy and dispite being book smart (which I am too with a Masters degree and my grammar is freggin horrible so that doesnt mean anything) and he did some shady shizzil behind the wheel of that EVO!

I love how we kick one another when we are down over here on my350

thats why i dont even post here anymore, Id rather hang out with SRT owners, at least they admit to being shady, stupid, and reckless, this site and members are in serious denial.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

im a shady **** when im in my car I ride dirty yo
Old 10-09-2010, 05:57 AM
XKR

Best of luck to you Rob......Only!!

D@mn.... Popcorn is getting expensive

Originally Posted by widebody350
All I can say is wow if this is all true.....

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG

What country of origin is that flag Jeff is waving......he seems proud.

Last edited by XKR; 10-09-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
2008G35xsInMD

Originally Posted by widebody350
I'll ask him for the invoice. Even though he was nickel and dimed, guess what? He isn't nickel and diming anyone anymore is he? He charged me $5 for shop supplies(bolts) when he sold me a stock sway bar. That's an example of nickeling and diming, which he did with the Evo as well, which is ridiculous, especially when the dude has $30k spent at the shop. Maybe when your business is failing that's the kind of stuff you need to do. Guess all that money he tried to milk people for didn't help him out in the end. People just took their cars/money elsewhere. Now you see the result.
+1.

When I called Dave to get my fenders rolled, he said $78 was the out the door price to roll my front fenders. After completing the job he wouldn't budge off the $118 price. I just paid (even though I should have done a charge-back) and called it a learning experience. From that point on, all people needing a mechanic I referred to other mechanics (especially those on this forum and g35driver).

There are many stories like this one about Function Tuned. Check this forum and g35driver forums. Hell, I can point you to at least 10 threads and even more folks who have had bad experiences with him. A shop is defined by how they handle problems in my book (in addition to other things). This shop did a horrible job at that and also with customer service.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:42 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008G35xsInMD
+1.

When I called Dave to get my fenders rolled, he said $78 was the out the door price to roll my front fenders. After completing the job he wouldn't budge off the $118 price. I just paid (even though I should have done a charge-back) and called it a learning experience.
Do people really think charge backs are that easy to do? He said $78 but then on the invoice it said $118 so I paid it and should have done a charge back. If you paid it, you agreed to the price and by signing the paper you agree to pay. You can do a charge back but all the shop has to do is show the invoice and the signed copy. If you prepaid and he charged you more and changed the total on the CC then yes, you could charge back. By signing you AGREE to pay that amount.

My flag is from Road Island. Although my Mom is Mexican and my Dad is from Vietnam. how they met... that's a whole different thread.

I don't stick up for one shop or another, I take it from each experience. Even if a shop has done well for me, that doesn't mean it will/wont go as well the next time.

Everything in this thread seems like Highschool drama with no backing. As robbie said who stands around and watches people treat *insert item* like crap and not take a picture or video. I wouldn't have thought twice to record/take pictures just in case a fellow Mid A guy got screwed. I like to think that I'd look out for others. Not be all like, oh well its not my car so who cares.... So either it never happened or more then likely did happen but not anywhere near as bad as stated or it's the HS drama. Really, no pics/video? Glad my car wasn't there being abused as you said with out you bothering to watch a fellow car guys back. thanks.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 AM
2008G35xsInMD

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Do people really think charge backs are that easy to do? He said $78 but then on the invoice it said $118 so I paid it and should have done a charge back. If you paid it, you agreed to the price and by signing the paper you agree to pay. You can do a charge back but all the shop has to do is show the invoice and the signed copy. If you prepaid and he charged you more and changed the total on the CC then yes, you could charge back. By signing you AGREE to pay that amount.
LOL, I had a conversation over the phone with him. The $40 difference would have cost me more in time / effort then its worth. I argued with him at his shop but folded and sucked it up as a lesson learned. You may be friends with him and defend him, and hell, maybe even gotten great service from him. That doesn't mean he hasn't screwed others (me being one of them). Whether you believe this story or not doesn't matter as many have already chosen to never be return customers and have told there friends to never head over to that shop.

I was told by a few people when I asked for a shop to roll fenders to not go there and now I know why.

At least now I know that in the short term he wont be screwing people over.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by 2008G35xsInMD
LOL, I had a conversation over the phone with him. The $40 difference would have cost me more in time / effort then its worth. I argued with him at his shop but folded and sucked it up as a lesson learned. You may be friends with him and defend him, and hell, maybe even gotten great service from him. That doesn't mean he hasn't screwed others (me being one of them). Whether you believe this story or not doesn't matter as many have already chosen to never be return customers and have told there friends to never head over to that shop.

I was told by a few people when I asked for a shop to roll fenders to not go there and now I know why.

At least now I know that in the short term he wont be screwing people over.
I hired Dave to install an LSD hook up my fuel line and tune the car. I've never used him for anything else his shop is too far for me. I'm just as good of friends with him as I am any other random guy from the Forum, I see him and say hey Dave hows it going, and that's about it. Personally I use Hills Garage for anything now due to location and so far hes been a stand up guy. So don't think I have any bias for Dave, I straight up dont.

Bottom line, if you agreed to pay you can't do a charge back. If I was in your shoes I would have told him thanks but no thanks, you told me X many dollars and I'm not paying over that unless you can give a valid reason for the extra labor charge, maybe something was wrong with my car that caused more time to be spent on it? if that was the case then I would expect him to explain that to me before handing me a higher then quoted bill. I wouldnt have paid more then the quote in the first place and if he wanted to know why I'd ask him the same question back, why should I pay more?

If he's able to charge more then he quotes and the customer willingly pays then so be it. Clearly the customer didn't stand up for themselves.

I've had dealerships try to charge me for items that I know are under warranty, a simple, it's under warranty with them saying "no its not" I followed it up by oh, let me go ahead and call Honda of America and ask them.. oh oh well um yes you're right our bad, it IS covered,.... Don't stand there and take ****. Be a man and stand your ground when clearly you rightfully should have.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:03 PM
350zfan1

Someone pass the movie theater butter popcorn.....
Old 10-09-2010, 02:23 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by 350zfan1
Someone pass the movie theater butter popcorn.....
I need an extra big bag as this thread is full of fail.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:30 PM
widebody350

Originally Posted by jeffie7

My flag is from Road Island. Although my Mom is Mexican and my Dad is from Vietnam. how they met... that's a whole different thread.

I don't stick up for one shop or another, I take it from each experience. Even if a shop has done well for me, that doesn't mean it will/wont go as well the next time.

Everything in this thread seems like Highschool drama with no backing. As robbie said who stands around and watches people treat *insert item* like crap and not take a picture or video. I wouldn't have thought twice to record/take pictures just in case a fellow Mid A guy got screwed. I like to think that I'd look out for others. Not be all like, oh well its not my car so who cares.... So either it never happened or more then likely did happen but not anywhere near as bad as stated or it's the HS drama. Really, no pics/video? Glad my car wasn't there being abused as you said with out you bothering to watch a fellow car guys back. thanks.
Don't have much time right now but I agree that it is hard to do a charge back and the onus is on the customer to provide proof that the charge should be removed from his or her bill. As I stated previously, the work would have to be completed in such a poor fashion that it did not warrant payment or the work never completed.

Sucks you got stuck with the parts from what I hear. Karma is a ***** and AMEX is the server lol.

If I was going to fabricate stories I would surely come up with something more devastating that, "A bumper popped off of a G35," and I haven't posted anything for which I do not have witnesses. I will admit I did the easy thing and not the right thing at the time, however it would not have went well for me to take pictures of an individual I'm living with, f*cking his customers' cars up now would it? I'm sure you can understand my position there.

2008G35X- Sorry for your experience, but you're not the only one and that is why the business can now be found amongst the the manure that the shop is. BTW they are still in business from my understanding so they will still be doing sh*t to customers. As well, I don't know you, but congrats on sharing your interaction.

$15,000 in back rent and a power company after you doesn't look good for them though. I don't know how many new customers will take their cars to a shop who calls a red and white structure its place of business. Oh and btw have fun with the cows....MOOOOO.

Continuing to LMAO.

Originally Posted by Driven1
Im discussing them over and over....and I didn't bring it up....you did mang.

This isn't going to go anywhere...we're just rehashing over and over. I've said my peace and am done with it. When you or your friend want to show us these horrible things that were done sooo wrong....with proper documentation....you'll have our attention. Im sorry you and your friend have such negative experiences and "stories". I wish it was different as this was not the way our relationships were over the years preceding.
We had your attention with your response to every post. We had your attention when a call was made by the owner of the shop to my friend to threaten him after begging didn't work, to take down the thread on NAGTROC. Pretty sure everything is well documented in the link the owner of the shop couldn't even say anything in. Oh and is he even allowed to post on NAGTROC anymore? We aren't the only ones.

Me too man, I miss the days at the shop drinking and goin to Glory Days on Fridays. The choices that were made to create the current situation were not mine. I just chose not to tolerate a lot of bullsh*t like a lot of people in the community do from the individual you call a friend. I still have no issue with you although it seems you're getting upset with me through these posts.

Last edited by widebody350; 10-09-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I need an extra big bag as this thread is full of fail.
Keith.....do you use real butter or that fake crap
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by XKR
Keith.....do you use real butter or that fake crap
Only the real deal Mike.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM
350zfan1

Only the real deal Mike.
^^^

Hay if it comes out of the movie theater butter pump im all good , oily heart attack goodness FTW .
Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 PM
XKR

Only the real deal Mike.
D@mn..... I have the cheap crap.... It will have to do.... Dont want to miss this good show

Last edited by XKR; 10-10-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the saying "customers are always right" is really hard to swallow for business owners. But at the same time happy customers create positive reputation and reputation determines success/failure of a business. The way I look at it right now is that regardless of whether Function:Tuned was at fault or not over these heated discussions we have here, there are pissed off customers running around telling the whole world they are not happy. Function:Tuned is doing something wrong from a business stand point. Say 30% of people believe what the pissed off customers say and the other 70% of people don't. The business already lost that 30% of customers FOREVER. Don't **** off your customers! At some point a business just got to look at things in a bigger picture, suck it up and move on...

Last edited by bb1314; 10-10-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM
2008G35xsInMD

Originally Posted by bb1314
I understand the saying "customers are always right" is really hard to swallow for business owners. But at the same time happy customers create positive reputation and reputation determines success/failure of a business. The way I look at it right now is that regardless of whether Function:Tuned was at fault or not over these heated discussions we have here, there are pissed off customers running around telling the whole world they are not happy. Function:Tuned is doing something wrong from a business stand point. Say 30% of people believe what the pissed off customers say and the other 70% of people don't. The business already lost that 30% of customers FOREVER. Don't **** off your customers! At some point a business just got to look at things in a bigger picture, suck it up and move on...
Bingo!

Hopefully if they re-open, he learns his lesson.

Last edited by 2008G35xsInMD; 10-10-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 AM
kori

Originally Posted by bb1314
I agree. I actually had a training for work that had more slanted statistics, something like: 9 out of 10 unhappy customers will leave with out saying something. Those 9 that left will go on to tell 10 people about the situation. and only 2 of those 10 that were told will actually come to the business. Moral of the story....its up to the business to satisfy the customer before they leave otherwise they have just lost business to 8 more customers.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 AM
jeffie7

Easier way to say it is.

1 person who has a bad experience can keep 10 people from coming in.
It takes 10 people with good experiences to bring 1 person in.

That's a basic thought for bars/restaurants.

Not sure how true it holds for car shops since it takes a much larger commitment. People who are willing to spend 2-3-10-15K on a single visit tend to do more research then the person who has to figure out what to eat for the night while dropping a whole 10-30 bucks.

Car Shops tend to have die hard followers so it makes it even harder to figure out. Some people who get wheels and a exhaust will say the shop is the best in the world, other people might do a full build, get everything done and have a nice car and not say anything other then. Yeah its a good shop.
Then there's people who order a exhaust, it doesn't fit right, then they have to wait for a new exhaust to come in. That shop turns into the biggest piece of chit around and the trash talk starts.

Anyone notice just how many fan boys of AAM spent less then 3K on their cars?

As far as this thread goes. It seems there's a lot more to the story, the fact that they were roommates/have a background it makes things weird.

I personally will never have a favor done for any job in my life unless its a simple few hour job. If I became great friends with Frank Hill and he offered to do a full build on the side for a discount I'd say thanks but no thanks.

So since they were roommates even if he paid full price did he enter into the favor zone? Is things as bad as they are made out to be or blown out of proportion.

No matter what, The shop is no more. So I guess it doesn't really matter, even more so since the guy with the issues is only trying to help spread the word of what happened to him so it wont happen to anyone else.

Quick Reply: Function Tuned???