Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
jgrizzle-where do you do Crossfit? There is a place down the street from me Ive thought about trying.
Push 511 in Canton. Ive only been a few times but i love it.

I may have to try them barefoot, I did some P90 days that way I also felt like my shoes made some muscles more sore.
Ive been doing my workouts in Vibram 5 fingers. I love those things. They are kind of fad rigth now but I really like working out in them. I feel like I have better balance and control. Not a fan of running in them though

Counting calories is for $hit pushers and f@ggots who wear skinny jeans. I am neither. I know how to eat healthy and lose weight when I need to.

I like being fit but don't try to be shredded or super jacked. I like to eat nasty foods now and then and drink and not live life by a calorie counter. Fawk that noise.
I counted calories and dropped from 200 to 180 in 10 weeks. Im not trying to get skinny just get rid of that gut. I had some good results with it.

Originally Posted by bigcloud
I've been to the Crossfit Impavidus gym in Ashburn. It reminds me of when I was back in the military many moons ago. Very good workout. I hurt all over every time I leave there.

http://www.crossfitimpavidus.com/
Ive never been in the military but I imagined some of the PT was like crossfit. I like the "team" atmosphere and the competition. Plus there are no TVs or people reading books and magazines. You are there to work.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Jgrizzle

None of my own student have not reached out to me, despite me offering them help if they get stuck, and quite frankly I do not believe non technical people would have no questions when dealing with this kind of subject.

And this guy is teaching things to people? Tell the jackass to learn english.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:17 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
None of my own student have not reached out to me, despite me offering them help if they get stuck, and quite frankly I do not believe non technical people would have no questions when dealing with this kind of subject.

And this guy is teaching things to people? Tell the jackass to learn english.
He works for the state, no need for English.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Only got a few minutes before another meeting, but here's our back and forth all day. And FTR, all of my teammates keep coming to my desk telling me they agree with me. Ugh! Does anyone else have to work with morons or is it just in government?

Clay:
Just one slight suggestion for next time. If YOU had an issue with this project I think YOU and your team should be the primary focus of the story not me. I don’t recall YOU sitting in with me and the kids I was working with during any of our sessions together. In the future, please be man enough to address YOUR issues and leave me out of it. I honestly think this was in bad taste and should’ve been handled better.

Merris:
I apologize. I assumed that the children that were trying to build the robots in your area were yours. They looked unhappy, enough so that I remarked to Egyed as we passed by that they had all of the enjoyment of a man being led to slaughter. I honestly do not read this as being about you Clay. I mentioned you briefly in one sentence based upon something I perceived, and in the second I mentioned how it was said that you and I were not parents. That is not a negative comment about you, just what someone objectively said based on my feedback.

If you read it again, if anyone I spoke more about myself than anyone else, and if you guys are doing great than it is obviously me.. I ca accept that. If you are doing well with your students, that is great. Well done. Again, it was my perception based on my own experience and what apparently was a mistaken assumption I made. Forgive me for saying so, but you are acting a bit more emotional than I think this situation warrants. This really isn’t that big a deal. Again I do apologize for my mistake.

Clay:
See, this is what you clearly don’t understand. When we joke and play around in house, I have no issue with it. But when you take it upon yourself to send emails to other employees who may not be privy to your sense of humor it makes everyone involved look unprofessional. Didn’t you learn this before with the issue with Melanie Cohen? Apparently not.

And like I stated before, if you had an issue with this project to address to Kim Smith why didn’t you state your issues with your group? Maybe you can’t see it, but the message you sent makes it look like I cosigned on all this, which I clearly did not. If in the future you have an issue, please make yourself the lead character in your comedy routine, I’m perfectly fine not being involved…

Merris:
I don’t think you quite understand. That was a serious email. I do give feedback if I sincerely believe that there is a problem. Kim answered it and essentially confirmed everything that I had said, even remarking that some students left an unopened Lego unit under their desk (they were probably mine.) She explained further that OCIO required a technical project for the kids to do, which kind of surprised me. Some also did not participate in the OCIO picnic, which they were supposed to plan. She also said that the CIO and the Deputy CIO will be personally addressing the issue with them, and that it is too late the change the challenge.

In retrospect, I should not have used anyone’s name but my own. I do regret that and now that I know you are sensitive to that, I will refrain from using it in the future in such a context. The focus was in my mind strictly about the students interests, but I do feel bad that you saw it as an attack on you. I would never do that, I make it a rule to only make fun of myself. Again, my
sincerest apologies.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM
kyle22

at exactly 80+ MPH my shifter starts to shake violently in my hands. Any thoughts on the issue?
Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyle22
at exactly 80+ MPH my shifter starts to shake violently in my hands. Any thoughts on the issue?
Veee TEEECCC kicked in yo!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:18 PM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly!!!!!!^
Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 PM
kyle22

how do you turn off veeeeeee tteeeeeecccccc?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
ZS14RR

You Dont haz a veetek Controler noob?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
kyle22

Originally Posted by ZS14
You Dont haz a veetek Controler noob?
i got gamecast.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 AM
NNOCENT

Originally Posted by kyle22
how do you turn off veeeeeee tteeeeeecccccc?
push the hazards button you n00b

Old 08-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Jgrizzle

I thought after 05 they moved it to the cruise control....
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
kyle22

Well which is it? Hazard button or cruise control? I tried searching and found nothing but RSX Type-S. Is this the problem I got? Hope so, says its the fastest thing out there. I must have a factory freak
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

The British Kyle22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqDbb...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-04-2011, 04:25 AM
kyle22

ROFL!!!! fawk you
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 AM
ZS14RR

Default [b]the z is my guinea pig[/b]

GOTTA LEARN SOME HOW

Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Jgrizzle

Is that a boob?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZS14
GOTTA LEARN SOME HOW

Hey man you know my garage is good for doing some paint job when you're ready! I'll let you tag up my xB
Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 AM
ZS14RR

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Is that a boob?
no its a video.

Originally Posted by bb1314
Hey man you know my garage is good for doing some paint job when you're ready! I'll let you tag up my xB
im down, we just need a big compressor to hold lots of air. i need the practice my sisters 96 civic hatch is next. Gunmetal with alot pearls and chit.

Quick Reply: Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel