Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

G ZILLA is back, better than ever! Thanks to HillsGarge

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up G ZILLA is back, better than ever! Thanks to HillsGarge

Well all I can say is that boost always cost double what you planned. I am fortunate enough to know so many people on the forums that I always get great deals, but still boost is expensive.

I grabbed an OEM Oil Consumption block from a friend for $400 bucks in June...yes...long block! I was doing the install myself then decided to have a local shop help me. I love them and their work, but the owner who is the most skilled, injured his shoulder the freggin hour I dropped my car off. So he brought in an old (not so NISSAN sharp) friend to aid in the swap. So after many corrections to the guy, I was told to let him do it because he didnt like a "kid" correcting him all the time, but not once was I wrong. bla bla bla... engine is install wrong, it cant handle the TTrim Vortec, spitting oil out the dip stick even after the catch can was installed, engine mounts installed wrong, knock sensor was left out in the beginning..... URGH!

So... its off to another option. The first engine (before OC enigne in June) was pulled to build it. Its still awaiting build instructions from me...aka in storage...lol

Getting my car detailed in Richmond in August, they leave degreaser on my rims, dont wash it off, and pull her out in the sun. Well 4k later I have a little money to play with. (but rims are still jacked on the lips to this day)

I see that up at Hills Garage there was a brand new OEM REVUP motor sitting there and called up Frank/Susan, the Hills Team, to make the swap!

HOLY shizzil... the car is absoultely amazing! The power is all usable, predictable, and waaaaaay more than I would of ever imaged on a stock block! I mean....stupid fast.

Highest SAE 5 dynojet HP was about 418, but the hot lap dyno pulls yeilded a 411RWHP and 355TQ at a weak sauce 12psi! The T-Trims power comes in way earlier than the SC/SCi versions of the Vortec and the feeling is simply amazing. I am running the 2.87 pulley so the headers and test pipes are dropping PSI down about 2-3 pounds from what it should be... which is a good thing.

If you WOT it in 3rd, she breaks the 295s on the rear loose at the top of third which is very impressive!

Not only did I get a new engine with zero miles, at a price I cant even discuss publicly online, I got many needed 100K mile changes/updates along the way. Frank or Susan called me about twice a day during the build. Hey man, this brake hose is suspect, its X to fix it with labor, want me to swap it out? Hey man, this coupler is ripped... its not leaking but might as well before it leaks after everything is installed. No labor... T fittings, brackets...whatever.....the price I quoted you included installing the SC so its just the parts price, some at their cost.

I finally broke down and bought a boost gauge. JE Import Performance installed an A/F gauge in my change try and its looks hot, they found the knock sensor and fixed the initial issues from the OC swap. BIG ups to James Evans at JE Importperformance in Baltimore too.

Its the little things that make me love Frank and Susan and James so much. I have never really been scared of GZILLA but when it broke loose in 3rd, my eyes opened up a bit...lol.

I cant compare the feeling of knowing the car was done right, and that all the little things like control arm bushings and longterm wear items were checked and replaced if needed.

Ill post the dynos up once I get them in digital format.

so my wanna be GTR will beat on most cars just like a stock GTR will.

Patience, networking, and treating people with respect help me build this baby with rims, full graphics, and boost for the cost of a basic stock block turbo kit.

Thanks to

Frank and Susan from Hills Garage for the current install and tunes
James and JE Import Performance for past installs and tunes
Justin and Redline Design for the sick graphics
SuperChargedG for the sick hood
Rylie Wosaki (Work Wheels) vendor
Dave and Function Tuned for the support and diagnostics
Chris at Elite Importz for the clutch and massive phone support
Julio at American Lube/rt 50 for hurting his shoulder which lead me down this rabbit hole to come to this outcome (think positive right...lol) all my exhaust work.
Ghost30 for the APS twin turbo 429RWHP/399TW comparison runs.
AAM for the phone and tech support and parts
my350z.com for the support
G35driver.com for the support
Assassin Industries for the tax write off

Old 10-25-2010, 06:23 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Double Post! DELETE MODS

DELETE MODS