Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

2004 East Coast Z and G Meet!!!! Come one, come all!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:12 PM
Zyal8ter

who called me?
Old 02-25-2004 | 05:26 PM
willpower

OK you guys lets figure out where we are gonna hook up in Richmond so's we can all cruise up there together .

Mellisa.
Willpower.
Old 02-26-2004 | 05:33 AM
tharty

Hope you dont mind if another STI shows up, ill join up
with the Columbia, MD group.
Old 02-26-2004 | 06:36 AM
gaseous

not at all tharty. you've been added.

Columbia, MD

Zyal8ter
mdmike
03Brickyard
onii
kamikaz (?)
gaseous
tlsimon
tharty
Old 02-26-2004 | 10:31 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Hey all,
I was just perusing the board here, and for the first time I went into the thread about ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon, which takes place in May. I'm not real clear what 'Tail of the Dragon' is, but this event in North Carolina sounds like it is going to be a) HUGE, b) close enough for most of us Virginians and Marylanders, and c) loads of fun!!!

When I owned my RX-7, one of the joys of having the car was being able to attend the events and the cameraderie (sp?) that went with owning an "enthusiasts sports car".

The "East Coast Z Meet" thread has way more posts than the ZDayZ thread, so if you haven't gone in and read about this, check it out! I'm seriously considering going. We might make this a quick topic for discussion at the East Coast meet so that if people were interested in going, and were going to be flying solo, people could talk about sharing rooms to keep costs down. It sounds like a very driving oriented gathering near Fontana Dam with lots of twisty mountain roads. A room at the Fontana resort would really be a place to leave your stuff so it didn't slide around in your car, and maybe sleep a little (but who needs that).

Just a thought.

See you in March!!!
Old 02-26-2004 | 12:59 PM
bobdadd

Can we add another Brickyard to the list please, thanks.
Old 02-26-2004 | 06:43 PM
03Brickyard

yeah son!!!
Old 02-26-2004 | 07:07 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by kcobean
Hey all,
I was just perusing the board here, and for the first time I went into the thread about ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon, which takes place in May. I'm not real clear what 'Tail of the Dragon' is, but this event in North Carolina sounds like it is going to be a) HUGE, b) close enough for most of us Virginians and Marylanders, and c) loads of fun!!!

When I owned my RX-7, one of the joys of having the car was being able to attend the events and the cameraderie (sp?) that went with owning an "enthusiasts sports car".

The "East Coast Z Meet" thread has way more posts than the ZDayZ thread, so if you haven't gone in and read about this, check it out! I'm seriously considering going. We might make this a quick topic for discussion at the East Coast meet so that if people were interested in going, and were going to be flying solo, people could talk about sharing rooms to keep costs down. It sounds like a very driving oriented gathering near Fontana Dam with lots of twisty mountain roads. A room at the Fontana resort would really be a place to leave your stuff so it didn't slide around in your car, and maybe sleep a little (but who needs that).

Just a thought.

See you in March!!!

Ok, now I'm replying to m y own posts...That's just sick!

Anyway, I just re-read my post, and it comes across wrong when I said "We might make this a quick topic for discussion..." I am neither a coordinator of this event or a sponsor, so I have no authority to say what we might or might not talk about (hell, I've only had my Z for a couple of weeks now!). What I really meant to say was since there seem to be a bunch of cool Z nuts coming to the East coast meet, some of them might be interested in talking about planning a trip to ZDayZ. I know I'd be interested if anyone else wants to go.

Kudos to Ricky for starting this gathering, and certainly to Jeff for hosting it.

Peace out!!!
Old 02-26-2004 | 10:34 PM
w1ngman

kcobean... Hunt me down at this upcoming Z meet at Evolution. I'll have an S2000 there. I was the community organizer for the Mid-A area on s2ki.com for quite a while. With 75K miles on my MY'01 S2K, quite a few of those miles were enjoyed on The Dragon. I can give you a lot of information about this motor sports enthusiast's twisty piece of blacktop. 11 miles...318 turns...that's just Heaven .

Anyway...I won't clog up this meet thread with further talk about alternative meet ideas for Z owners, but definitely give me a shout if you make Jeff's meet. I'll be more than happy to answer questions for you, etc.

- Dave

Last edited by w1ngman; 02-26-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2004 | 07:43 AM
exoticxbabyx350

Originally posted by drew703
Do the Northern VA owners want to meet up beforehand too? I mean I dont really mind either way, Chantilly shouldn't really be too far for any of us in the general No VA area, but then again cruising 3+ Z's is always cool

So if at least 2 or more owners are up for a Northern VA meeting spot, post up your interest first, then some possible meeting places. Also where exactly in the are are you all goingt o be? I live in Alexandria, but dont mind driving a little bit so we can have some sort of central meeting place

some possible meeting spots:

1. Tysons II top level

2. Springfield Mall - Macy's top level

3. Potomac Yards

-drew

tysons II .. bad idea. cops are everywhere now in tysons area and are cutting down on any meets. Springfield mall would probably be better place to meet with out having to be broken up.
Old 02-27-2004 | 08:32 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Not that I doubt what you're saying, but we're not doing anything illegal, what would they be able to crack down on? As long as we don't cause a problem for the stores or their shoppers, we should be fine. There is nothing posted that prohibits 'parking' in the parking structure, which is really all we're doing. If need be, I'll go into Macy's and buy a shirt or something, that way I can say I'm just there to meet some friends and do some shopping. ;-)

Fortunately, the police are bound by the law, too! ;-)

I work right behind the Olive Garden on 7/Gallows, if we need to, we can all meet in my offices parking garage. It'll be empty, it's about 2 minutes from Tysons II, and really easy to find...

BTW, where in Vienna are you? Shoot me a PM if you get a chance..
Old 02-27-2004 | 08:52 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier
Premier Member

Its called loitering.. and they'll kick you off their private property for doing it.
Old 02-27-2004 | 09:14 AM
drew703

Alright, unless we get a majority of the people coming to Tysons II (which I guess will basically be almost everyone by 11:30-11:45am) that we should indeed change meeting location, then that's okay.

Or if someone wants to have a backup or secondary meeting spot (like kcobean suggested with his garage) we can simply use that in case you show up at Tysons II and no one's there...

Post up your thoughts!

-drew
Old 02-27-2004 | 09:47 AM
drew703

One more thing...looks like we are finally coming out of the winter phase...and into spring baby!!!

This seriously just made my weekend right here: check out these numbers
Attached Thumbnails 2004 East Coast Z and G Meet!!!! Come one, come all!!-dsc00693.jpg  
Old 02-27-2004 | 10:11 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by flynnibus
Its called loitering.. and they'll kick you off their private property for doing it.
Hey, I'll shop!!! It's not a problem! ;-)

But seriously, I'd buy that for a dollar. (If I buy that for a dollar, then I'm not loitering, I'm shopping!)

So what's the consensus here? Are we going to run into trouble wherever we go? If we are, then I'll offer up my building. We DEFINITELY won't have any problems there, and it's a stones throw from Tysons II right off Rt 7. I can provide a map if we want to use it.
Old 02-27-2004 | 06:58 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

I will be there, looking forward to seeing all of the other Zs
Old 02-27-2004 | 07:32 PM
sparkman

Originally posted by kcobean
Hey, I'll shop!!! It's not a problem! ;-)

But seriously, I'd buy that for a dollar. (If I buy that for a dollar, then I'm not loitering, I'm shopping!)

So what's the consensus here? Are we going to run into trouble wherever we go? If we are, then I'll offer up my building. We DEFINITELY won't have any problems there, and it's a stones throw from Tysons II right off Rt 7. I can provide a map if we want to use it.
Since I'm just paying off the ticket I got in my maxima, and I own a car that begs to be ticketed, I'm fine with moving away from Tysons.. Once there is a consensus, just post the address.

Really looking forward to the meet.
Old 02-28-2004 | 07:20 AM
Ricky
Banned

Hey since you guys seemed worried about the meet being broken up, you might want to consider meeting at

Tysons 1 - Top Level of the Garage where the food court is, that'd be best.

To get there all you do is when you get off the exit towards Tysons, you're going to make a right at the light into the tysons 1 shopping center, then you drive down a bit, you'll pass Bloomingdales, and you'll see a huge garage on your left. Enter that garage and work your way to the top.

PS- I noticed we have 2 Z female drivers.. Melissa and exoticxbabyx350... Woohoo! .

MORE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2004 | 06:09 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally posted by Ricky
Hey since you guys seemed worried about the meet being broken up, you might want to consider meeting at

Tysons 1 - Top Level of the Garage where the food court is, that'd be best.

To get there all you do is when you get off the exit towards Tysons, you're going to make a right at the light into the tysons 1 shopping center, then you drive down a bit, you'll pass Bloomingdales, and you'll see a huge garage on your left. Enter that garage and work your way to the top.

Here's a quick map of the Tysons I complex.....Based on Ricky's directions, we'll be meeting in Parking Terrace C...

Last edited by kcobean; 02-28-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2004 | 06:35 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

So in the event that we run into trouble at the mall, here's a map to the AT&T building across Rt. 7 from Tysons I....It's right behind the Olive Garden and Ford dealership. I'll let our guards know we might be coming. If you get to the mall and there's nobody there, assume we got nailed and headed across the street. It's only about 2 minutes away.

Coming off the beltway, you'd hang a left on Gallows Rd.,the first light past Tysons mall. Take your first right onto Boone Blvd. and the building/parking structure will be on your left....Go to the roof.

This sound ok to you Drew?
Attached Thumbnails 2004 East Coast Z and G Meet!!!! Come one, come all!!-snapshot1.jpeg  

Last edited by kcobean; 02-28-2004 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 East Coast Z and G Meet!!!! Come one, come all!!