Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

is ford for real?(350Z vs mustang GT)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 09:32 PM
CrazyBosnian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ainfante19
what you guys must understand is that a Mustang, Camaro, and TransAm are "Muscle cars". They were not designed to be raced on the highway or from a roll, they are point and go machines... They were designed to run a strait line "1/4 mile." There gear ratio's are setup for the 1/4, just like every other muscle car, nor were they designed to have great handling, because you dont need great handling to run a strait line...

With bolt ons AMERICAN MUSCLE will always own...

Every year at Raceway Park, "Detroit Muscle vs. the World", WE OWN ALL!!! Every year, Since its been around...
Hehe, my car loves the roll as well as the highway... Holds its own in handling too
Old 02-01-2003, 09:39 PM
pdtsyzygy

For the rest of you that read my post, BriGuyMax misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Sure, the Mustang and Z are both being sold as factory stock. But the Mustang engineers have to hit a different cost point than the Nissan engineers do. It's simply unfair to ask one engineer to build a sports car for $18,000 and then compare it to one that you gave another engineer $23,000 to build.

For those of you that agree with BriGuyMax, think about it this way. What would you say if someone starting posting that the Z is a piece of crap because his "factory stock" 360 Modena killed one? I'm pretty sure my paragraph above would be replicated.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:56 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by pdtsyzygy
I would suggest before you start defining people's character to them, you at least do the most basic homework and read their other posts. Might save you some embarassment the next time you tell a Porsche owner that he's the type of person who thinks a Porsche is a waste of money.

Why should I give a flying F*ck what you post unless it's a reply to something that I post. Wow, you're a Porsche owner who acts like a civic owner...congrats!
Old 02-01-2003, 09:58 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

For the rest of you that read my post, BriGuyMax misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Sure, the Mustang and Z are both being sold as factory stock. But the Mustang engineers have to hit a different cost point than the Nissan engineers do. It's simply unfair to ask one engineer to build a sports car for $18,000 and then compare it to one that you gave another engineer $23,000 to build.

For those of you that agree with BriGuyMax, think about it this way. What would you say if someone starting posting that the Z is a piece of crap because his "factory stock" 360 Modena killed one? I'm pretty sure my paragraph above would be replicated.

You are STILL not making sense, we were comparing the PERFORMANCE of two automobiles...NOT their price or cost of production.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Last WS6

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
wow..you sure showed me....an f-body that didn't sound like an LS1 first off...second off had slicks, third was probably either a pro-shift trans or a drag 2-speed auto,
It has a stock block. Inside maybe not.

Um yes of course it does not sound like an F-body that you are used to hearing. But most heavily modded f bodys sound like that.
Nice cam and open headers no cats?

Was not trying to show you anything. Just posting a simple vid.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:28 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by Last WS6
It has a stock block. Inside maybe not.

Um yes of course it does not sound like an F-body that you are used to hearing. But most heavily modded f bodys sound like that.
Nice cam and open headers no cats?

Was not trying to show you anything. Just posting a simple vid.
ok..thank you for the info and video....

check this one out
http://www.highboost.com/movies/TitanRace/titan9sec.avi
Old 02-01-2003, 10:30 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by CrazyBosnian
Show me a supra that will do that N/A without running mad amounths of boost, oh wait there isnt one, come to think of it there isnt a single import...
That's how MOST imports get their power, if you have a problem then fine, don't buy any imports.

BTW - there are a few all motor drag civics in the 10s (might be one or two in the 9s..I'm not sure)...and those are 4 CYLINDERS...
Old 02-02-2003, 07:06 AM
lyonsd

BTW - there are a few all motor drag civics in the 10s (might be one or two in the 9s..I'm not sure)...and those are 4 CYLINDERS...
And each is just a shell of a car.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:12 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by lyonsd
And each is just a shell of a car.
Whose to say that the stangs and f-bodies in the 7s and 8s are't just shells of cars?? I'm sure there are a bunch of full interior, street legal stangs and f-bodies running under 10 seconds in the 1/4.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:32 AM
LSs1Power

Whose to say that the stangs and f-bodies in the 7s and 8s are't just shells of cars?? I'm sure there are a bunch of full interior, street legal stangs and f-bodies running under 10 seconds in the 1/4.
Do a search over stangnet.com and LS1tech.com and u will find what u want. If i remember corectly the mustangs are the fastest then the LT1's then the LS1's soo far. The LS1 is in the 8's now so that makes the Lt1's even faster and the mustangs too since they had more times to play with the engine. LS1's will be soon in the 7's but it is just a matter of time. Supra's are great cars, but they arent made for 1/4mile. They are the king of highway rolls because of these big single turbos that needs to be in the RPM range to work right. Off the line the supra cant cut the short low 60ft's of the mustangs and F-bodies. Thats why u find out that supra's has very high trapspeeds with not that impressive ET due to the bad 60ft they are getting. On the other hand, mustangs and F-bodies do run better ET's due to teh great 60ft's. After all 1/4mile is all about the first 60ft. Highway rolls is all about the trapspeed.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:48 AM
LSs1Power

Hey griguymax,

I just did a fast search and this is what i found out. By the way 5.0's are faster than the 4V 4.6's.

4V Power Adder Tim Palmer – 8.30 @ 162.00 (1998 Cobra – Turbo)
Old 02-02-2003, 02:38 PM
sukkoi19

You should check out the street renegade class on the Pro 5.0 circuit. They use all stock block, heads, cam on there full weight cars, and are able to routinly hit the 9s. And FYI Mustangs are in the 6s at 200 mph as of this year.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:56 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by sukkoi19
You should check out the street renegade class on the Pro 5.0 circuit. They use all stock block, heads, cam on there full weight cars, and are able to routinly hit the 9s. And FYI Mustangs are in the 6s at 200 mph as of this year.
Have a video of a Toyota tundra with a supra motor running 6.95@195 from this last summer...it was a world record import 6 cylinder pass...

Ya know what...the basic fact is no matter what you have and how fast it is...there will ALWAYS be someone faster, wether it be import or domestic...why can't we just get along???
Old 02-02-2003, 06:00 PM
pdtsyzygy

You are STILL not making sense, we were comparing the PERFORMANCE of two automobiles...NOT their price or cost of production.
Yes, I realize that is what you were comparing. And I was merely stating my opinion about it, which I now understand is unwelcome here.

Last edited by pdtsyzygy; 02-02-2003 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:05 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Yes, I realize that is what you were comparing. And I was merely stating my opinion about it, which I now understand is unwelcome here.

I'd like to apologize to everyone in this thread. I ignorantly thought that this was an open forum where opinions could be presented and debated.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a built B18, a big turbo, and some coilovers? I've got my eye on an early 90's civic hatch...
cute...real cute
Old 02-02-2003, 06:12 PM
pdtsyzygy

cute...real cute
Hey man, no hard feelings. We've all got our interests. I was just trying to keep the forum light and humorous. Everybody on here gets so damn serious about things that mean so little to our lives.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:49 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Hey man, no hard feelings. We've all got our interests. I was just trying to keep the forum light and humorous. Everybody on here gets so damn serious about things that mean so little to our lives.
Point taken
Old 02-04-2003, 02:46 PM
sukkoi19

I was unaware that Toyota tundras came with Supra motors, Street renegade must use factory stock specs to run thier times, and Pro 5.0 must run within a sanctioning bodys guidlines. I am sure if they didnt have the limits they do on turbo size displacement and cam specs they would be running faster than they are. The same goes for NHRA top fuelers, they are limited to on what they can do as far as more boost more aggressive cam specs by the governing bodys rules in safety. The Tundra in question probably didnt have to deal with those kind of rules when he built his race car. I was only pointing out that mod for mod usually American iron comes out king in the 1/4 mile. Also the Mustang crowd has the market cornered on factory stock 1/4 mile times.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:57 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by sukkoi19
I was unaware that Toyota tundras came with Supra motors, Street renegade must use factory stock specs to run thier times, and Pro 5.0 must run within a sanctioning bodys guidlines. I am sure if they didnt have the limits they do on turbo size displacement and cam specs they would be running faster than they are. The same goes for NHRA top fuelers, they are limited to on what they can do as far as more boost more aggressive cam specs by the governing bodys rules in safety. The Tundra in question probably didnt have to deal with those kind of rules when he built his race car. I was only pointing out that mod for mod usually American iron comes out king in the 1/4 mile. Also the Mustang crowd has the market cornered on factory stock 1/4 mile times.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:10 PM
sukkoi19

yeah yeah act like you dont care but I know deep down inside your burning up.

Quick Reply: is ford for real?(350Z vs mustang GT)