Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Ever seen a grown man cry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Bazazu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll throw down on the bs too

I'll join in the BS team

Especially about having 5 car lengths on him.

If you guys seriously raced all the way through 3rd (not to mention a HALF mile up to next stoplight, assuming you used 1/4 mile for acceleration, and 1/4 mile for braking - to go easy on the brakes)

You should of had "considerably" more than 5 car lengths.

Your talking about another 150 horsepower at the wheels, not to mention its all wheel drive. The launch alone would of put you at 5 car lengths ahead.

So either its BS
OR: You can't judge distance worth crap
OR: You drive like a grandma

As a side note - if what you say is true, you were driving a mid 12's car, vs a car that can barely break into the 13s on a good day, but typically runs low 14s. Its a great kill if its a legit, cuz the other kid sounded like a tool, but something ain't stirrin the puddin
Old 02-10-2003, 08:15 AM
WashUJon

Not to mention the title is antagonizing and the guy claims to have seen the Z owner "cry" or whatever. But then he goes on to say that he drove off with his "tail between his legs". All of this stuff doesn't add up to a truthful account. Sorry, but I can smell BS from a mile away...
Old 02-10-2003, 04:06 PM
S2000FREAK

BS or not. These type of street encounter stories are a dime a dozen. Little guy beats big guy.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Track

I had a heavily modded first gen. Talon AWD TSi and it rocked.

If the best you could do against a stock z-car is 5 lengths, then you need to take the bus.

Of course, I'm sure you are a better driver than that, as my BS filter went off right in the middle of the sentence with the part about "quite a step up."

I've never seen such animosity or bitterness on the part of the "winner" of such a race.

Someone, either the author of this story, or the tool in the z-car, has spent way too much time reading the dialogue in comic magazines.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Impulse

Originally posted by mcclaskz
I'm sure that DSM owner has put more than 30k total into that car.
12.5@109mph for $775

He is local and a well respected DSMer.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showth...threadid=52040
Old 02-11-2003, 05:05 AM
beast_bl
Banned

Default Re: I'll throw down on the bs too

Originally posted by Bazazu
I'll join in the BS team

Especially about having 5 car lengths on him.

If you guys seriously raced all the way through 3rd (not to mention a HALF mile up to next stoplight, assuming you used 1/4 mile for acceleration, and 1/4 mile for braking - to go easy on the brakes)

You should of had "considerably" more than 5 car lengths.

Your talking about another 150 horsepower at the wheels, not to mention its all wheel drive. The launch alone would of put you at 5 car lengths ahead.

So either its BS
OR: You can't judge distance worth crap
OR: You drive like a grandma

As a side note - if what you say is true, you were driving a mid 12's car, vs a car that can barely break into the 13s on a good day, but typically runs low 14s. Its a great kill if its a legit, cuz the other kid sounded like a tool, but something ain't stirrin the puddin
1-It's kinda hard to tell EXACTLY how far ahead I was, judging from my rear view. I could have meant 5 '79 Impalas, lol, not 5 Civic SIR's

2-I didn't give it 100% all the way thru, no need to, got ahead big, stayed ahead big, besides, I didn't want to lose him, lol, I was hoping he'd follow me into the gas station so I could show him what was under the hood, instead he ran away.

3-I was the winner yes, the anger in my post came from being personally offended from some punk *** loser.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:34 PM
350ZFrost

All I can say is that you shouldn't stereotype. Don't talk **** ether about "another kid whose father bought his car."

I'm eighteen and got my Z when I was 17, pre-ordered on 1/02. I have been wanting this car for almost three years and I pay over $600 a month BY MYSELF as a waiter, not to mention school and an internship on top of that.

The kid probably didn't even know how to drive, and I doubt that you beat him by 5 car lengths, so don't run your mouth because even though you tweaked out a talon (WTF??), the Z looks a hell of a lot cleaner! (take into consideration--- stock non-turbo V6)...
Old 02-12-2003, 01:29 PM
mrrsx350z

Great kill, I use to have one back in my high school days, it was a fun car but much tranny problem to I sold it. AWD car is so fun off the line. I only ran 14.9 stock but with a few mod I took it down to like low 13, high 12. So they are fast but I spend like over 6-7k on it. But the story with the Z guy. I seen a few people with Z that are jerk. Even to another Z driver. So this story shouldn't be to hard to believe because this type of thing even happen to me and I own one. I see a few Z once in a while and just want to say hi sometime I get a f**k off look for the driver. **** me off and all I was trying to do was give a friendly Z hi! But for that talon to only beat the Z 5 car length, with 380 hp that show that he not really the best of driver the car make up for the lack of skill but beside that still a good kill. But I do agree the Z look way better then then the talon.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Mrsideways

Originally posted by zeroday
i just can't imagine anyone would say something like that "quite a step up"...part of me wants to believe you are lying...people like that don't exist do they?
They do I had it happen. Just kinda the other way around. I was sitting at a traffic light with the top down in my S2000 staring at this original VW Bug in a gas station. The car had the nicest panasport wheels I'd ever seen (hence the starring). The guy walked out and I guess He saw me starring at his car and he shouted "Quite a step down from you've got, aint it?" I replied NICE WHEELs and was on my way as the light turned green. However I was on my way to the alighnment shop which drove my car into a a parking stop and tore a whole in the front air damn and are now giving me HELL about paying for it. Sorry had to rant. By the way F^*&K big 10 tires.