Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Ever seen a grown man cry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 10:54 PM
beast_bl
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever seen a grown man cry?

I have, and the cocky bastard deserved what I gave him. A couple of weeks ago I borrowed my uncle's 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi. Now this baby is HEAVILY MODDED, we're talking upgraded ball bearing turbo, bigger intercooler, exhaust, the works.

So, I'm cruising around in Toronto and I pull up along side this black 350Z at a stop light. I love this car so I lower my passenger side window to get a better view. I spy with both eyes one of those non-deserving, lucky bastard, "My father bought it for me" types in the driver's seat. He saw me checking his ride out and lowered his window. First words out of his mouth were, "Quite a step up from what you've got isn't it?", I wanted to punch him in the neck, but instead I ask him if he wanted to go, he agreed, and I smiled.

Now, by no means am I proclaiming it was a fair race. My uncle's Talon is AWD, and dyno's at over 380hp. As I said, it's HEAVILY MODDED, and the Z was mostly stock, the most I imagine it could have was a CAI. This guy was a cocky jerk and deserved to get humiliated in any car he was driving. And he probably was a crappy driver to boot.

I had him from the green light, thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd, widening the gap as we continued. By the next stoplight (our previously agreed upon finish line), about half a mile up the road, I've got at least 5 car lengths on him, as far as I could tell anyway. Needless to say, the brat got spanked like the little ***** he was. I pulled in to the gas station hoping he would follow, but he drove away with his tail between his legs. The moral of my story, don't be a cocky ******* just because you drive a $40k sports car, and some shmo pulls up in a much cheaper, much older, vehicle.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:02 AM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Kill .
Old 02-09-2003, 12:28 AM
hfm

Good kill.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:36 AM
Bobg

Such Anger!oooooooooh
Old 02-09-2003, 06:53 AM
joeshow750

Hahaha, good kill. I can't believe that guy said that to you. He apparently doesn't know much about DSM's, and it sounds like your uncle has quite the sleeper. The 1G is definitely something I always look out for on the street, because if somebody has one of those and wants to race, he probably has a FP Green or Frank level 7 with 720cc injectors and or some other crazy stuff under the hood and is just waiting for vettes, stangs, and whatever else wants to take a run. Good kill.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:24 AM
zeroday

i just can't imagine anyone would say something like that "quite a step up"...part of me wants to believe you are lying...people like that don't exist do they?
Old 02-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Bobg

I don't believe it either. ******** alert.....
Old 02-09-2003, 09:30 AM
jooklum99

Originally posted by zeroday
i just can't imagine anyone would say something like that "quite a step up"...part of me wants to believe you are lying...people like that don't exist do they?
Sure they do. I live in Dallas, it's a dime a dozen around here. At any rate, it was a good kill.

I always try to be nice to people, esp. now that these cars are getting a lot of attention.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:50 AM
slay2k

Oh and a question,

How did you determine prior to him talking that it was one of those "daddy bought it for me" types ? Are you saying someone younger than you can't possibly make more money than you or be able to afford the car without his parents ?

A bit stereotypical, are we..

-slay
Old 02-09-2003, 09:51 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Some people have class & some don't.

Very nice kill.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Well the BS meter went off when he said "Quite a step up from what you've got isn't it?" but I still believe him, as was already said, I am not sure somebody would ever say somethign like that, and DSMs are dangerously fast when modded..

I had a few years back a 90 Eclipse GST with lots of mods, I had the engine bored out and rebuilt with new everything, a huge turbo installed, larger fuel pump and injectors installed. HSK CAI and exhaust and some other stuff. It was the GST (Front wheel drive). I was near impossible to launch but after I got tracton it was all over.. It would keep up with anything on the highway.. My best moment was when I walked a brand new C5 Vette on the highway a few years ago, the look on the guys face was priceless.. I never dyno'd it or brought it to the track because I did all the work in the off season and it got totalled by a dummy before the track opened (he had his license for 1 week and blew a stop sign) . But I would guess I would be running low 13's with stock tires and maybe mid-low 12's with drag slicks..

I remember the traction was so bad in the rain that an old junker Mercury took me off the line at a 2 lane red light that merges into 1 shortly after.. I wish I still had it for a drag car
Old 02-09-2003, 12:42 PM
mcclaskz

If it is true, the Z driver is a complete ***. I mean come on, we drive Nissans not Bentleys. Most shmo's can go in and be eligible to lease or buy a 30k car. Since the first Z through the Z31 they were all affordable performance.(well at least the original Zs performed) I'm sure that DSM owner has put more than 30k total into that car.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:07 PM
JonsilvZ

I know Zs are nice sports cars but dont have to act that way. Sure I do get alot of attention. We just have to be discreet. When i was driving in my Z,I saw this idiot with plates "ZULATER" but he was driving a v6 mustang!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by mcclaskz
I'm sure that DSM owner has put more than 30k total into that car.
Doubtful. Doesn't cost that much to get some serious performance from first gen DSMs.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:38 PM
mcclaskz

the car was 22k, how about 27k total...
Old 02-09-2003, 01:52 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

The car new topped out at somewhere between $15K and $17K if I remember correctly back then. I knew somebody who had one in high school.

You can pick them up now for $4000, or much less.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:12 PM
beast_bl
Banned

Originally posted by slay2k
Oh and a question,

How did you determine prior to him talking that it was one of those "daddy bought it for me" types ? Are you saying someone younger than you can't possibly make more money than you or be able to afford the car without his parents ?

A bit stereotypical, are we..

-slay
I admit, I may have judged him prematurely, and no I'm not saying someone younger than me (I'm 23) can't make more money than I do. BUT, just something about him, a feeling in my gut, I'm sure you get those too. The aura of respect that usually accompanies someone who worked hard to get what they have was absent with him. And yes, he did say that to me, we do have rude people in Canada too, eh, lol.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:12 PM
350zZz

Hey I believe you and I dont even think your being stereotypical at all!!!! The only kind of person that would say somthing like that is a person who has never had a car that is less than average.

Hell i'm 19 and I'll have my Z in july and I would never say anything like that once I have it because I've had two junkers that I bought my self and know how bad it feels when your looking at a bad *** car while driving a POS.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:41 AM
OverDriven

Wow...I can't believe someone would be cocky enough to say something like that to a person they don't even know. Theres alot of places where that would be enough to get yourself killed. Either way...that had to be the most satisfying kill ever. He probably has been driving some POS and when daddy bought him a 350Z, he though that 287 HP was alot. Don't get me wrong, the Z puts out good power for a N/A 6 cylinder. But I don't consider a car "fast" until we get up in the 450+ RWHP range. Stupid bastard probably thought that he could beat Ferraris in that thing. Great kill story and keep em coming!

-Joe
Old 02-10-2003, 06:46 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by Bobg
I don't believe it either. ******** alert.....
Yes, a heavily modded DSM would trash a Z. Did this race happen? No.

I'm raising the BS flag here, too...

Quick Reply: Ever seen a grown man cry?