Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

ATTN RICERS: Loud doesn't equal fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Kraigman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually Track, did you forget the S2000? I think it is at least one Honda in the Z's class.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Track

Originally posted by Kraigman
Actually Track, did you forget the S2000? I think it is at least one Honda in the Z's class.
It is the biggest waste of money I've seen. It's like paying money to see Janet Reno naked.
The owners should be institutionalized, as soon as someone surgically removes the "dumbass" sign on their foreheads.

Not only are they ugly little roaches, but after logging several thousand miles in one, I can attest beyond any doubt, that those cars suck ***. It is a piece of junk.

I'd much rather have that bad *** looking RSX someone posted in these forums any day.

If my engine sounded like the s2000's, I'd take the bus.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:36 AM
2k3silver350z

Originally posted by s9am_me
well its not just about how fast the car is all the time.. most of the time its handles too BTW.. not all ppl in Civics are track junkies.. its sometimes some little kids thats all show.. especially here in the bay area
my crx will absolutely murder my Z in handling/acceleration tests. you can come watch me autocross both of them if you don't believe me.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:44 AM
2k3silver350z

oh i think i forgot to mention a few of my mods on my crx. this car was built for a track and the last time i ran the 1/4 was at a 12.7@107.XX. beyond that the car will hand you your *** on a road course.

toyo t1's
axis vpd's (light weight around 14 lbs)
eibach sportlines
tokicho adj shocks
lightspeed sways
battery relocator
b16a1 (pre obd so i can run no cat if i want)
ctr cams
adjustable cam gears
tdo5/td04e turbo
FMIC
blah
blah
blah

it's back in the shop getting my ES suspension bushings put on there. did i mention it weighs around 2200lbs with me in it and half a tank of gas? i haven't spent much money on the car though. probably less than 7k total for the car and the parts.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Track

Originally posted by Track
It never ceases to amuse me as I watch honda drivers spend as much for mods as their cars are worth, and then compare them to cars like the Z or Z06 just because they are running 12's.

Get over it!
It's only a honda!

If I spent the value of my car on engine swapping or tuning, I'd be running freakin' 10's!

Let's compare stock to stock and mod to mod.

How does that go?
"Racing a honda is like the Special Olympics...."
Old 02-14-2003, 08:28 AM
integrate

It is funny to hear "...no honda (except maybe the NSX) can ever hold a torch to a Z."

The S2000 will beat the Z on any road course/AutoX. Stock for Stock with competent drivers. The S2000 simply outhandles the Z easily and is just as fast.

Last edited by integrate; 02-14-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:29 AM
integrate

It is the biggest waste of money I've seen. It's like paying money to see Janet Reno naked.
The owners should be institutionalized, as soon as someone surgically removes the "dumbass" sign on their foreheads.

Not only are they ugly little roaches, but after logging several thousand miles in one, I can attest beyond any doubt, that those cars suck ***. It is a piece of junk.

I'd much rather have that bad *** looking RSX someone posted in these forums any day.

If my engine sounded like the s2000's, I'd take the bus.
Troll.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Track

Originally posted by integrate
It is funny to hear "...no honda (except maybe the NSX) can ever hold a torch to a Z."

The S2000 will beat the Z on any road course/AutoX. Stock for Stock with competent drivers. The S2000 simply outhandles the Z easily and is just as fast.
There is far more to a car than numbers generated on a track.

Next thing, you'll probably run out of logic and start responding to entire posts by calling names, because you don't like what they said.

That would be pretty sad, as this is a 350z forum, and going to the trouble to try to convince someone that they should like a honda would be a pathetic cry for help as well as a display of an astounding level of insecurity.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:11 AM
integrate

There is far more to a car than numbers generated on a track.

Next thing, you'll probably run out of logic and start responding to entire posts by calling names, because you don't like what they said.
There is far more to a car than numbers generated on a track? So you're being a hypocrite as well as contradicting yourself.

I could careless if you don't like Hondas (or any car for that matter), but to bash a car and saying it's inferior to ours is ridiculous without looking at all the aspects. You keep on saying NO Honda (preferable the S2000) will hold its own against a Z.

I'd like to see if you can make a decent comparison between the S2000 and the Z. We now all know that the S2000 outperforms the Z on the track with good drivers, so tell me more?

That would be pretty sad, as this is a 350z forum, and going to the trouble to try to convince someone that they should like a honda would be a pathetic cry for help as well as a display of an astounding level of insecurity.
It would be pathetic? Have you even heard of all the negative-S2000 crap Nissan dealerships and salesmen have been spewing out there? Haven't you even see the pamphlet that Nissan put out comparing the Z to the S? Basically saying that the S is a slower car. I think THAT'S pathetic if you ask me. Thank goodness I'm not ignorant enough to believe that crap.

Nobody here is trying to convince people that they should like one car or another, but this IS a car forum where people should be more open minded so that they can simply learn about cars. I'm guessing you've never checked the "other cars" forum where enthusiasts of ALL kinds of cars hang out.

It's also funny as hell putting the Z in the same class with the C5/Z06 Corvette. Maybe in cheap interior.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Track

Originally posted by integrate
There is far more to a car than numbers generated on a track? So you're being a hypocrite as well as contradicting yourself.
Where did I quote acceleration numbers or track numbers to be used as a basis of comparison?
Until you can quote me exactly where, STFU.
Get out of high school; there is more to a car than track numbers.
You keep on saying NO Honda (preferable the S2000) will hold its own against a Z.
I never mentioned track numbers. That's for high schoolers and mag readers.
If one is a serious track driver, they would modify the car as necessary, at which point they are no longer comparable.
I'm talking about the WHOLE CAR. What a concept.

It would be pathetic? Have you even heard of all the negative-S2000 crap Nissan dealerships and salesmen have been spewing out there? Haven't you even see the pamphlet that Nissan put out comparing the Z to the S? Basically saying that the S is a slower car.
Why on Earth would you care what we say in our forum?
I don't give a rat's *** what they say over in Clubsi or the other honda boy boards. I could not imagine caring.
If I ever go log on to read their posts, please kill me right away, as I would no longer desire to live.
Nobody here is trying to convince people that they should like one car or another
Then why would you come to a thread titled, "ATTN RICERS: Loud doesn't equal fast!!!" to defend you "honor?"
Methinks thou dost protest too much.
It's also funny as hell putting the Z in the same class with the C5/Z06 Corvette. Maybe in cheap interior.
As an owner of both cars, I know that they are in the same class, except the build quality on the Z is much nicer.

But that is fine.
Keep calling names and telling this group that they should have bought a honda.
I'm sure that will win you brownie points with us, since you declare that you like to hang out with us so much.

Btw, this is not the "Other Cars" forums. You seem to be lost.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:33 AM
2k3silver350z

Default Re: WHAT? You must be a horrible driver!

Originally posted by 1Redline350Z
Even the Vtech civic runs only mid 15's....how in the world would a car like that "hang with you".
see my previous post.

as for the s2k vs 350z debate. why don't you start up another thread about it. the last SCCA meeting i was at there were a few Z's and numerous S2k's. on the course of the day they both faired almost evenly. if the s2k was a hardtop instead of convertible (i've owned serveral) i would have bought it instead of the Z. but the fact that no honda sales rep wanted to talk to a 21 year old about a 30k car kinds pissed me off also. but that's another story and i'm glad the ***** lost a sale
Old 02-14-2003, 12:10 PM
s9am_me

well of course your CRX will out do me on the track.. thats cuz your a track junkie and its made for the track... you probably did some weight reduction and all that stuff... if i modded my Z to be track fitted.. then that MIGHT be a different story
Old 02-14-2003, 12:40 PM
integrate

Where did I quote acceleration numbers or track numbers to be used as a basis of comparison?
Until you can quote me exactly where, STFU.
Get out of high school; there is more to a car than track numbers.
What a great insult coming from a senile old man . I never said you quoted ANY track numbers.

You said...

"In either case, no honda (except maybe the NSX) can ever hold a torch to a Z, Boxter, or Vette; I don't care if it is running 8 second quarters."

...then when somebody brings up the S2000, you can't face the fact that the S2000 out performs the Z on the track then just start bashing the car instead of listing the pros and cons for each car. According to you, the Z is superior to the S in EVERY way, which is a load of crap.

So if there's more to cars than just track numbers, why don't you try telling us how? You're obviously too open-minded to tell us.

I never mentioned track numbers. That's for high schoolers and mag readers.
If one is a serious track driver, they would modify the car as necessary, at which point they are no longer comparable.
I'm talking about the WHOLE CAR. What a concept.
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said. You keep on saying there's no Honda that will match up against the Z, and I keep on saying "yes there is." Now we're talking about modifiy cars? Goob job at dodging the facts.

Why on Earth would you care what we say in our forum?
I don't give a rat's *** what they say over in Clubsi or the other honda boy boards. I could not imagine caring.
If I ever go log on to read their posts, please kill me right away, as I would no longer desire to live.
Again, you MUST learn how to read. If you care to READ what I said, the negative propaganda ******** is coming from NISSAN salesmen/dealerships, and Nissan themselves.

Then why would you come to a thread titled, "ATTN RICERS: Loud doesn't equal fast!!!" to defend you "honor?"
Methinks thou dost protest too much.
Where do I convince people to like one car more than the other?

That's what I thought.

As an owner of both cars, I know that they are in the same class, except the build quality on the Z is much nicer.
I guess when you're putt-putting around town or drive like the back-marker on the track (if you've ever been on a track), both cars seem perform the same. .

But that is fine.
Keep calling names and telling this group that they should have bought a honda.
I'm sure that will win you brownie points with us, since you declare that you like to hang out with us so much.

Btw, this is not the "Other Cars" forums. You seem to be lost.
Yes, I am really calling you names. Troll :rolleyes. Yes, everyone go out and buy a Honda because that's obviously what I want them to do. Nissan sucks! But I should've known, you're a Vette owner.

I like to hang out here, but people like you simply ruin it for the rest of us. Looks like you've been brainwashed by Nissan salesmen if you ask me.

Seems like you're lost to me. If you hate the S2000 so much, why don't you tell people in the "other cars" forum? This is a racing forum if you care to remember.

Take care. Go on and reply to this and keep on saying how much you hate inferior cars. Fine with me.

Last edited by integrate; 02-14-2003 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:30 PM
RainmanZ

Thumbs down Enough !

I think several of you have called enough names an argued enough for everyone involved in this thread.

It is closed as of now.