Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Ran two mustangs 1994 and 2002. Plus ran w/ C5 50th anv.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:07 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jester
And again, I say....you don't know WHO really is stock and WHO really is NOT stock...Therefore, that is not a reliable source for this debate...good info, but not 100% reliable....period. You and I both know this....

I don't intend on arguing this point with you any longer because it is apparent, even after you said:

You're still trying to argue the fact.... Why?
And are we to assume that just cause YOU have not seen it, traps over 99 mph have not happen? Because that is what you seem to be implying to me. Man, others in this post have said they have seen traps over 99 mph....you're the only one arguing this point....

And yes...6-7 car lengths would be "walking" someone.....
Now....just for argument sake....those few guys on Stangnet that DO have "stock" written out by their cars...there ETs and MPH are real close to what you have posted in your sig.... Well, your claiming to put roughly about the same amount of cars I put on a Z/G35 when I raced one.... Are you putting out 360-380 to the rear wheels? I'm guessing no. If you are, I deeply apologize for questioning you....

Do I think a Z can beat a stock GT...yes....Do I think a stock GT can beat a Z...yes.... It is just going to be dependent on conditions (obviously)..... Do I believe a stock Z can put 6-7 car lengths on a stock GT....well, lets just say, I have a hard time with that for the reasons I stated above.

Now....It is obvious, I have problems with some of your claims....and you have problems with mine... That's fine, I can live with that....however if you wish to continue to argue, I am more then willing to do so.

The E.T. in my sig was with my bolt-on maxima
The max put down a whopping 190fwhp and was able to keep up with and slightly pull on some 99+ stang GT 5-speeds from a roll. The max also weighs just under 3000lbs...

My Z DESTROYES my maxima....if you want proof of this I can link you to a thread from a month ago when I ran a 13 second bolt-on maxima on the highway and put about the same distance on him that I put on stang GTs....and HE posted it...not me.

As for the distance you put on a stock Z...WTF does this have to do with the discussion at hand?? If you would look at the speeds I posted that I pulled those lengths than you would see that they make sense...70-130 is a nice long run...and a car that walks steadily away will be able to put good distance on another car in that speed range. If you don't want to believe me....fine...but I don't post BS...go over to maxima.org and search my username (same as here) and see my kill stories from way back when to see if any of those sound like BS if you like.

EDIT: You have to realize that you are arguing based on what you "think" would happen from what you've read...not based on personal experience. I'm arguing based on what I have seen with my own eyes....

Last edited by BriGuyMax; 02-27-2003 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:08 PM
jester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
EDIT: You have to realize that you are arguing based on what you "think" would happen from what you've read...not based on personal experience. I'm arguing based on what I have seen with my own eyes....
OK...you know what...your right....you are the know all be all of what cars can/can't do....you are the only one to see GTs at the drag strip and they can only pull 99 mph or less...ok....your right.
For cryen out loud...two other people on THIS site who I have NEVER talked too have also said they have witnessed 99+ stock GTs trapping over 99 mph (what this whole ******** was started over anyways).

And I am going on what I HAVE SEE WITH MY EYES....I am Going by MY PERSONAL experiance...I am not arguing on what I "think" would happen any more then you are....
And please don't pull that magazine racing BS on me...I have not mentioned any BS mag times in this post, nor have I based anything I have said in this post on them.

Like I said...earlier...even though two other people have stated they have SEEN GTs trap over 99 mph....you don't want to believe it...that's fine...what ever...
You don't believe it
I don't believe you put any 6-7 cars on a GT from a 70-130 roll...
period...
Old 02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

OK...you know what...your right....you are the know all be all of what cars can/can't do....you are the only one to see GTs at the drag strip and they can only pull 99 mph or less...ok....your right.
For cryen out loud...two other people on THIS site who I have NEVER talked too have also said they have witnessed 99+ stock GTs trapping over 99 mph (what this whole ******** was started over anyways).

And I am going on what I HAVE SEE WITH MY EYES....I am Going by MY PERSONAL experiance...I am not arguing on what I "think" would happen any more then you are....
And please don't pull that magazine racing BS on me...I have not mentioned any BS mag times in this post, nor have I based anything I have said in this post on them.

Like I said...earlier...even though two other people have stated they have SEEN GTs trap over 99 mph....you don't want to believe it...that's fine...what ever...
You don't believe it
I don't believe you put any 6-7 cars on a GT from a 70-130 roll...
period...
I'm not talking about that stupid trap speed argument anymore....I was done with that like 3 posts ago...and I though you were too.

Ok Mr. Personal Experience...when you have you SEEN WITH YOUR OWN EYES A 350Z RUN A STOCK 99+ GT 5-SPEED??? That's right...you haven't. Well I have...in fact...I was driving the 350Z. So whom is talking out of their rear end?
I DID put 6 carlenghs on a GT from 70-130...believe what you want....oh and BTW....a Z06 vette puts WELL OVER 10-15 carlenghs (can barely even see the car) on me from 70-130. I don't think you realize how much ground a SLIGHTLY quicker car can put on another car in the 60mph range from 70-130...
Old 02-27-2003, 06:44 PM
max2000jp

I have never seen a GT trap over 100 bone stock. I have never heard of one doing it either. My good friend builds Mustang race suspensions and he is into the whole Mustang scene. He has never heard of stock 99+ GT trapping 100 mph. I frequent the Mustang boards on occasion and it seems that most stock 5 speed 99+ GTs trap average about 97 mph. Now there might be some that trap 100 mph, but it is a FLUKE (perfect conditions+good driver) and I have never personallly heard of it
Old 02-27-2003, 06:47 PM
ShadowGT

No to magazine race, but for those of you that need hard data, according to the 2001 issue of Motor Trend, they tested a stock 2001 GT 5 speed at 5.4 (0-60) with a 14.0 (1/4) @ 100 MPH. Look it up if you don't believe me. The August 2002 issue of Car and Driver put the 350z at 0-60 in 5.5 with a 14.1 (1/4) @ 101 MPH. That said, both cars are pretty darn close. I have an '03 GT 5 speed (stock), by the way.

From personal experience, I have beaten 2 350z's. The first was from a stop to about 70 and his front bumper stayed at my rear quarter panel. The second was from a 40 roll. I pulled on him at first then he gained a little and we were pretty much neck and neck until about 90 when we both shut them down. If we had kept going, I believe he would have eventually gotten me. AS of yet, I haven't been beaten by a 350z, but I certainly respect the car.

What you have to remember is that the GT's are at their best from a dead stop. Anyone who says they "walked" a '99+ GT from a stop is full of it, unless the GT driver was asleep at the wheel. From a roll, it's a driver's race. On top end, I believe the 350's aerodynamics, extra gear and few extra ponies would give it the edge. All an all, two very different cars yet both offering similar levels of performance.

The Mustang was one of America's first sports cars, and the Z series were one of Japan's first sports cars. Both cars deserve respect.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:57 PM
AngelGT2000

Thumbs down This thread has officially gone off topic...

Didn't you know man? GT's are mystically governed to 99mph over in Chicago

For the naysayers...here's a thread of a stock GT, whos only mods include weld-in mufflers and a K&N. 13.6@100
OK, i'll give the crybabies the benefit of the doubt. It's "nearly" stock.

Here's a vid of him running a 13.7@100mph
vid
Old 02-27-2003, 08:44 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: This thread has officially gone off topic...

Originally posted by AngelGT2000
Didn't you know man? GT's are mystically governed to 99mph over in Chicago

For the naysayers...here's a thread of a stock GT, whos only mods include weld-in mufflers and a K&N. 13.6@100
OK, i'll give the crybabies the benefit of the doubt. It's "nearly" stock.

Here's a vid of him running a 13.7@100mph
vid
oh...so now you can show me modded ones (I don't care if it's only a cone filter in mufflers) running 100 traps...but not bone stock...cute.

You want me to link you to some BONE STOCK 350Zs that have trapped over 100mph??
Old 02-27-2003, 08:48 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

How about this...I'm calling out ANY stock 99+ GTs in the Chicagoland area for a couple runs...we'll get em on video and then I'll post em here. Until then you guys can stop internet racing...
Old 02-28-2003, 03:53 AM
jester

I'm not talking about that stupid trap speed argument anymore....I was done with that like 3 posts ago...and I though you were too.
Yeah, I was too....but you keep beating the dead horse....I believe I even questions why this discussion kept going....

Ok Mr. Personal Experience...when you have you SEEN WITH YOUR OWN EYES A 350Z RUN A STOCK 99+ GT 5-SPEED??? That's right...you haven't. Well I have...in fact...I was driving the 350Z. So whom is talking out of their rear end?
OK...You got me....your right as usual ...but I believe I have already said somewhere in this post (or in another, so forgive me if I am miss informing you....) I have not seen a Z and GT go at it side by side. I beg your forgiveness.... Have I seen a Z on the street...yes....Have I seen a GT trap over 99 mph....yep. From what I have seen, does the Z show me it can put 6-7 car lengths on a stock GT....nope....but that's what I have seen....I mean, I do need to go back to the eye Doctor for some new Contacts...so I could be totally wrong too....there ya go...that's my excuse...it's my Contacts....lol.
The Z is a great car (as I have said in multiple threads)...and I think in different circumstances either one can take the other.

I DID put 6 carlenghs on a GT from 70-130...believe what you want....
OK....ya know....you can kick and stomp your feet too if you like....I still don't believe you.

Originally posted by max2000jp
I have never seen a GT trap over 100 bone stock. I have never heard of one doing it either. My good friend builds Mustang race suspensions and he is into the whole Mustang scene. He has never heard of stock 99+ GT trapping 100 mph. I frequent the Mustang boards on occasion and it seems that most stock 5 speed 99+ GTs trap average about 97 mph. Now there might be some that trap 100 mph, but it is a FLUKE (perfect conditions+good driver) and I have never personallly heard of it
Hey, thats great...I'm sorry you and your friend have never seen it....but thats life.
I've had 4 Mustangs...
a 69 Fastback with a built 429
a 82GT with a built 306
a 95GT with a built 5.0
and a 03 Cobra...
And I have been into the Mustang "scene" for about 13-14 years...
So there is my experiance Does that make me all knowing about cars...not, but I like to think I am smarter then the average bear when it comes to these cars
Use to moderate the Dugan Racing Tech board...so I guess, they thought I knew my butt from a hole in the ground.
I have (along with others who have posted here) have seen stock 99+GTs trap over 100 mph....ok, thanks for your input..

How about this...I'm calling out ANY stock 99+ GTs in the Chicagoland area for a couple runs...we'll get em on video and then I'll post em here. Until then you guys can stop internet racing...
Knock yourself out....still won't believe you...

Like I said earlier...and I'll say it again...You don't believe me...I don't believe you...That's fine, but keep beating it into the ground if you like. I think their is a post at the top of this form that describes you quite nicely....
Carry on....lol

Last edited by jester; 02-28-2003 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:19 AM
AngelGT2000

Default Re: Re: This thread has officially gone off topic...

oh...so now you can show me modded ones (I don't care if it's only a cone filter in mufflers)yeah, cuz we all know that a N&N and mufflers add mad HP, YO! running 100 traps...but not bone stock...cute.

You want me to link you to some BONE STOCK 350Zs that have trapped over 100mph??
Actually, i'd like to see what you can do, but you can go ahead an knock yourself out. I don't believe anyone here has questioned that the Z, in stock form, can trap over 100mph.

This being a Z forum and all, i'm sure myself and others would much rather see the times for your Z. That 14.4 in your sig, for the maxima, isn't impressing anyone on these boards.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:06 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Yeah, I was too....but you keep beating the dead horse....I believe I even questions why this discussion kept going....

OK...You got me....your right as usual ...but I believe I have already said somewhere in this post (or in another, so forgive me if I am miss informing you....) I have not seen a Z and GT go at it side by side. I beg your forgiveness.... Have I seen a Z on the street...yes....Have I seen a GT trap over 99 mph....yep. From what I have seen, does the Z show me it can put 6-7 car lengths on a stock GT....nope....but that's what I have seen....I mean, I do need to go back to the eye Doctor for some new Contacts...so I could be totally wrong too....there ya go...that's my excuse...it's my Contacts....lol.
The Z is a great car (as I have said in multiple threads)...and I think in different circumstances either one can take the other.

OK....ya know....you can kick and stomp your feet too if you like....I still don't believe you.

Hey, thats great...I'm sorry you and your friend have never seen it....but thats life.
I've had 4 Mustangs...
a 82GT with a built 306
a 95GT with a built 5.0
and a 03 Cobra...
So there is my experiance Does that make me all knowing about cars...not, but I like to think I am smarter then the average bear when it comes to these cars
Use to moderate the Dugan Racing Tech board...so I guess, they thought I knew my butt from a hole in the ground.
I have (along with others who have posted here) have seen stock 99+GTs trap over 100 mph....ok, thanks for your input..

Knock yourself out....still won't believe you...

Like I said earlier...and I'll say it again...You don't believe me...I don't believe you...That's fine, but keep beating it into the ground if you like. I think their is a post at the top of this form that describes you quite nicely....
Carry on....lol
You seem to be the kind of person whom even if they saw it with the own eyes, couldn't believe that a mighty mustang could get beat badly in a highway race by V6 jap crap. You can hide all you want behind your "but I REALLY do like the Z" comments, but you aren't fooling anyone anymore. Bragging about the mustangs that you've owned... And look...NONE OF THEM are the car in question. What a suprise. Have fun over there in Mustangland with your big bad Cobra that needs a blower to keep up with the Chevys. I'm done with you.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:10 AM
max2000jp

I've had 4 Mustangs...
a 82GT with a built 306
a 95GT with a built 5.0
and a 03 Cobra...
I would take his word over yours, no offense. He owns 4 Mustangs currently and his head engineer has worked for all the major mustang tuners, on top of that he owns a race car shop. Where is the proof on Stangnet or Mustangworld? Find that and I will be a believer. I havent seen it on either of those boards, nor has my friend.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:12 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: Re: Re: This thread has officially gone off topic...

Actually, i'd like to see what you can do, but you can go ahead an knock yourself out. I don't believe anyone here has questioned that the Z, in stock form, can trap over 100mph.

This being a Z forum and all, i'm sure myself and others would much rather see the times for your Z. That 14.4 in your sig, for the maxima, isn't impressing anyone on these boards.
Well up here in the North we have this thing called "snow" and the air out side get mysteriously cold from the mothes of November to March, and for some reason the drag strips around here CLOSE. I already have plans to be at the strip the FIRST weekend it opens in April, so you can stop giving me **** about "running my Z at the strip" because the first chance I get...I'm game.

BTW - I really could give a rats *** what "impresses" you. No one cares what your poor little mustang that you can't launch ran either.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:34 AM
jester

You seem to be the kind of person whom even if they saw it with the own eyes, couldn't believe that a mighty mustang could get beat badly in a highway race by V6 jap crap..
Yep...your right again...you caught me....
That why I posted about a friend of mine's domestic getting his butt handed to him by a Civic in another thread in here....
But your right...there is no import that could be a domestic, let alone a Mustang.... caught me again....Oh, your a slick one

You can hide all you want behind your "but I REALLY do like the Z" comments, but you aren't fooling anyone anymore.
What? I'm hiding....LOL... I've made that comment before...in several different post.
And since you are all knowing...PLEASE tell me what I am hiding behind that comment from?
Give me a break.... Got any more straws you wanna grasp for?

Bragging about the mustangs that you've owned... And look...NONE OF THEM are the car in question. What a suprise.
Well, Mr Wizard....was that response to you....Nope...it wasn't. And by no means was I trying to brag....so get off of it. I was trying to show, that this is not my first Mustang....I do have some experiance with the cars...I have driven just about every platform of Mustang (except Mustang II). I'm not just pulling info out of my butt. That's all...nothing more...nothing less.
Again....keep grabbing for those straws....

Have fun over there in Mustangland with your big bad Cobra that needs a blower to keep up with the Chevys. I'm done with you.
No...I think I'll hang out in here for a while...most everyone really seems pretty nice....most everyone. Again, I point to the post at the top of this form for you....you really may want to look it over.
And as far as needing a blower to keep up with Chevys....
Lets see...when the LS1s were running all over the Mustangs, the argument was "LS1s have more cubes".....now, the Cobra comes out stock with a blower....now some of the Chevy guys are saying, "but you have a blower".....who cares...run whatcha brung... I really hope you don't think that comment was going to bother me?

grasping for straws.....

Honestly, I'm glad your done with me....hell, I've been asking you why your still arguing for what, 3 post now? You turned that dead horse into a grease stain yet?
Old 02-28-2003, 07:38 AM
AngelGT2000

Thumbs down Thread should be locked. BriGuyMax just turned this into a pissing match...as always

BTW - I really could give a rats *** what "impresses" you. I'm NOT impressed. Doubt you could if you tried No one cares what your poor little mustang that you can't launch ran either.
Awwww!! poor wittle baby. Did i hurt your feewings. Think the only thing you got skillz at is at making excuses. Quit the whinning. It's Z owners like you that give others a bad rap.

Concerning my times....well lets just say that if i came around saying that i put "5-6 car lengths on a GT" it would look a little more creditable.

Last edited by AngelGT2000; 02-28-2003 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:50 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: Thread should be locked. BriGuyMax just turned this into a pissing match...as al

Awwww!! poor wittle baby. Did i hurt your feewings. Think the only thing you got skillz at is at making excuses. Quit the whinning. It's Z owners like you that give others a bad rap.

Concerning my times....well lets just say that if i came around saying that i put "5-6 car lengths on a GT" it would look a little more creditable.
I'm not going to sit here and play this childish game with you. If you want to talk about cars...fine...but if you want to talk about virtual ***** size, go somewhere else.

Last edited by BriGuyMax; 02-28-2003 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:53 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

blah blah blah
as for you
Old 02-28-2003, 07:55 AM
AngelGT2000

Default Re: Re: Thread should be locked. BriGuyMax just turned this into a pissing match...as al

I'm not going to sit here and play this childish game with you. If you want to talk about cars...find...but if you want to talk about virtual ***** size, go somewhere else.

Last edited by AngelGT2000; 02-28-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:58 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: Re: Re: Thread should be locked. BriGuyMax just turned this into a pissing match

that's what I though...
Old 02-28-2003, 08:02 AM
jester

I would take his word over yours, no offense. He owns 4 Mustangs currently and his head engineer has worked for all the major mustang tuners, on top of that he owns a race car shop.
Man...thats fine....I've just got done putting up with crap from knuckle head...I'm really not wanting to have to copy and past ever thing I said to him in post for you. No offence taken, none intended....

Where is the proof on Stangnet or Mustangworld? Find that and I will be a believer. I haven't seen it on either of those boards, nor has my friend.
A link to some ETs and MPH were posted in this thread from stangnet....not every car has stock or modified by it...so it's not really a good source for this argument....but if wanna look at it, go ahead.
Again, I understand if you want to believe your friend and what you have or have not read....don't take it personal, but I'm not regurgitating this post again.

Quick Reply: Ran two mustangs 1994 and 2002. Plus ran w/ C5 50th anv.