MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Motorsports (https://my350z.com/forum/motorsports-24/)
-   -   T/A WS6 Vs Z (https://my350z.com/forum/motorsports/21396-t-a-ws6-vs-z.html)

Swank 03-12-2003 06:29 AM

Originally posted by webcarconnection

So believe what you want, no matter what theory you post is not gonna change what happen.

Peace!

I posted your theory...look right above your post. I did the calculations for you.

Can you still post your 1/4 mile breakdown from the 330' and your dyno graph please?

I'll concede on the race, I'm sure you did pull from a 1 1/2 car deficit...I think you need to realize that given the same situation where an A4 LS1 WS6 were to pull up next to you doing 50 mph and they were really trying to race you they'd have you for dinner. Will you admit to that? I think that I have shown you enough proof, even used your theory of power to weight ratio, to show that you'd lose.

sukkoi19 03-12-2003 07:02 AM

Originally posted by Swank
I posted your theory...look right above your post. I did the calculations for you.

Can you still post your 1/4 mile breakdown from the 330' and your dyno graph please?

I'll concede on the race, I'm sure you did pull from a 1 1/2 car deficit...I think you need to realize that given the same situation where an A4 LS1 WS6 were to pull up next to you doing 50 mph and they were really trying to race you they'd have you for dinner. Will you admit to that? I think that I have shown you enough proof, even used your theory of power to weight ratio, to show that you'd lose.

Its a lost cause man save yourself the trouble they will never concede to your points no matter how clear and concise. Just know many of us see your point. Its just a kill forum however and like he said anything can happen especially when you dont know what the other driver was doing or thinking.

Swank 03-12-2003 07:32 AM

Is there anyone in the Virginia Beach area that has some mods like the author that would like to have a friendly race? I'd also like to offer the chance to drive my car for a little while just as long as you give me the chance to drive yours too :D

Tom

Javi 03-12-2003 07:33 AM

Listen buddy, I will end this crap right here, I will not waiste any more time in a forum for the 350Z with a guy who doesn't own one. Go to the forum where your car is the main subject while your car is still in one piece because, in a couple of years not only your car will be extinct (witch all ready is) it will be falling appart (can you say american quality and craftmanship, I loved my F-body but those cars are poorly assembled)
Your insistence to compare dyno's and 1/4 times is proof that you are not very street smart because anybody that has raced in the streets, knows that street racing is not drag racing. Again lets see if you can understand this: YOUR CAR WAS NOT THE CAR THAT WAS IN THE RACE IS NOT THE SAME CAR, YOU DON'T KNOW THE HP OF THAT CAR. Is not the same.

So have a good one...

Swank 03-12-2003 07:48 AM

Originally posted by Javi

Your insistence to compare dyno's and 1/4 times is proof that you are not very street smart because anybody that has raced in the streets, knows that street racing is not drag racing. Again lets see if you can understand this: YOUR CAR WAS NOT THE CAR THAT WAS IN THE RACE IS NOT THE SAME CAR, YOU DON'T KNOW THE HP OF THAT CAR. Is not the same.

So have a good one...

And your complete ingorance of the LS1 A4 is apparent. I've had well over 100 or so street races from a stop and a roll in my 2 LS1's along with several more in my 96' WS6. The A4 in these cars is not as weak as many people believe. They happen to be one of the best Auto's around.

I am not drag racing here...that is why I asked to see his dyno numbers along with his 330' and on for the 1/4 mile. Those numbers right there will show what his car is capable of after it gains traction. We can compare his momentum driven numbers (330' and on) to other LS1's just so that I can show you the difference on how well they pick up speed once they are moving.

What I really think the author has done is misconstrue the facts to make his race seem better than it really was. I am pretty sure that he was behind, tried playing catch up when all of a sudden the WS6 guy realized it and then took off. The momentum caried by the 350Z would have been enough to pull closer to the WS6 but not take it.

Instead of saying I don't know what I am talking about how about you go out today and look for an LS1 and race em. I bet the story you will tell will not be like the one the author has. Then you can come back in here and call BS just like me. Have a good one!

CrazyBosnian 03-12-2003 08:45 AM

And your complete ingorance of the LS1 A4 is apparent. I've had well over 100 or so street races from a stop and a roll in my 2 LS1's along with several more in my 96' WS6. The A4 in these cars is not as weak as many people believe. They happen to be one of the best Auto's around.

I am not drag racing here...that is why I asked to see his dyno numbers along with his 330' and on for the 1/4 mile. Those numbers right there will show what his car is capable of after it gains traction. We can compare his momentum driven numbers (330' and on) to other LS1's just so that I can show you the difference on how well they pick up speed once they are moving.

What I really think the author has done is misconstrue the facts to make his race seem better than it really was. I am pretty sure that he was behind, tried playing catch up when all of a sudden the WS6 guy realized it and then took off. The momentum caried by the 350Z would have been enough to pull closer to the WS6 but not take it.

Instead of saying I don't know what I am talking about how about you go out today and look for an LS1 and race em. I bet the story you will tell will not be like the one the author has. Then you can come back in here and call BS just like me. Have a good one!

Dude dont even stress about this, this same guy posted some kills when he first got his car, they were something like "raced 2 LS1s auto and man, and beat both of them by multiple car lenghts by 140, so i dont exactly believe him and his stories...Just relax and enjoy the show, and hope you encounter an owner like him on the street...;)

Swank 03-12-2003 09:16 AM

That's what I have been hearing about him. I've also done some research (not scientific either :D ) and he seems to have one of the highest HP numbers around for those little mods. Not only that he has had ample time to post his 1/4 mile breakdown but hasn't. I am very quick to post my numbers when someone asks, I have nothing to hide. If he is running such great numbers I would think he would keep that timeslip handy to show the world. Seems to me he has one of the fastest 350's here.

I'll lay off, hopefully someone here does have a 350 in my area that would be up for a friendly race.

webcarconnection 03-12-2003 09:35 AM

OK guys I think that is enough, for all LS1 owners I bet most of you have a different story to tell, but that is your case not mine. You don't see me in any LS1 forum telling everybody that the Z is faster that the LS1.
I said once that my next race I will videotaped, so keep flaming other Z owners for there kills, next time I post I will have proof, so if I win all you can say will be chep excuses.

and Swank, the other guy "Javi" live in P.R. too, so when you say:

"Instead of saying I don't know what I am talking about how about you go out today and look for an LS1 and race em. I bet the story you will tell will not be like the one the author has. Then you can come back in here and call BS just like me".

Its very possible that we get together and videotape both races
and prove you wrong!

Like your Ls1 body said "Just relax and enjoy the show" :cool:

hankd 03-12-2003 09:39 AM

If he is running such great numbers I would think he would keep that timeslip handy to show the world. Seems to me he has one of the fastest 350's here.

You'd think that, wouldn't you? :)

Listen buddy, I will end this crap right here, I will not waiste any more time in a forum for the 350Z with a guy who doesn't own one. Go to the forum where your car is the main subject while your car is still in one piece because, in a couple of years not only your car will be extinct (witch all ready is) it will be falling appart (can you say american quality and craftmanship, I loved my F-body but those cars are poorly assembled)

So have a good one...

Translation:

Damn, I was wrong about the Weight / HP ratio so I'll just pretend I didn't see his reply

Javi 03-12-2003 09:48 AM

That's what I have been hearing about him. I've also done some research (not scientific either :D ) and he seems to have one of the highest HP numbers around for those little mods. Not only that he has had ample time to post his 1/4 mile breakdown but hasn't. I am very quick to post my numbers when someone asks, I have nothing to hide. If he is running such great numbers I would think he would keep that timeslip handy to show the world. Seems to me he has one of the fastest 350's here.

I'll lay off, hopefully someone here does have a 350 in my area that would be up for a friendly race.

I would like to know who told you LS1 boys to come here and be the judges of what is discussed here. Who do you think you are?
You think you can come here and establish what is true and what it isn't? Sorry dude you are wrong. So I can care less what ever you have to say. I don't give a sh**.
I would like to know what contribution you can give to the forum other than watching who says anything negative about an LS1?
Instead of looking for a thread to pick a fight, why don't you get a life?

Swank 03-12-2003 10:01 AM

Actually newbie (compared to the date I registered) you'll notice that I have been a member since last July. I poke my head in from time to time and read the forums but don't post here. I couldn't stay out of this one seeings how I just had the opportunity to race a 350 the other day so I new it was BS (his story).

Caswell 03-12-2003 11:15 AM

So have a good one...

American build quality? From the looks of your post, we should be more concerned with the the Puerto Rican school system.

What kind of f-body did you own? What kind of 350Z do you own now?

Javi 03-12-2003 11:42 AM

Originally posted by Caswell
American build quality? From the looks of your post, we should be more concerned with the the Puerto Rican school system.

What kind of f-body did you own? What kind of 350Z do you own now?

1) Its no secret that GM has always had poor build quality I'm not the only one saying it. Read your Motor Trend, Road & Track, Automobile, Car & Driver and all come to the same conclusion. Actually there was a very interesting article (can't remember the issue, I think it was GM Hi-Tech) about why the F-Body was dying. And why the Mustang was outselling the Camaro.

2) If you take a look at other posts in this and almost all forums, you could see that my english is better than your average in house good'ol north american native. In Puerto Rico our main language is spanish, not english; my english comes from school and college. I don't see you trying to speak or to write in spanish, it would be funny too.

3) I had a 1995 Firebird Formula 6M with several modifications including nitrous. It was a very fast car. It pulled 490 rwhp and 560 lb. I couldn’t put on slicks to it because the rear end would blow (and it did once with street tires) anyway I managed a 12.5@119.8mph with nitrous applied in second gear not first. And stock tires.

4) I now own a 350Z Daytona Blue.

Javi 03-12-2003 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here:

Caswell 03-12-2003 12:37 PM

1) Its no secret that GM has always had poor build quality I'm not the only one saying it. Read your Motor Trend, Road & Track, Automobile, Car & Driver and all come to the same conclusion. Actually there was a very interesting article (can't remember the issue, I think it was GM Hi-Tech) about why the F-Body was dying. And why the Mustang was outselling the Camaro.
It's no secret that most of the magazines you're quoting have a bias against American cars. Even so, I was just reading some old articles in those very magazines that commented on how surprisingly well built the 4th gens were. Also, the article you're talking about in GMHTP had little or nothing to say about build quality as to why the f-car died. BTW, GM's JD Power numbers are above Nissans. CR reliabilty is trending up as well.

2) If you take a look at other posts in this and almost all forums, you could see that my english is better than your average in house good'ol north american native. In Puerto Rico our main language is spanish, not english; my english comes from school and college. I don't see you trying to speak or to write in spanish, it would be funny too.
Ah, I was just ribbing you. I grew up in Orlando, and my high school was mainly Puerto Rican kids. I can speak from experience that your English is impeccable all things considered. Just run that **** through a spell checker man!

BTW, I can speak good conversational Spanish. It kind of rubbed off on you if you grew up in south Orlando. I slept through three years of Spanish classes though, so I can't write it very well at all.

3) I had a 1995 Firebird Formula 6M with several modifications including nitrous. It was a very fast car. It pulled 490 rwhp and 560 lb. I couldn’t put on slicks to it because the rear end would blow (and it did once with street tires) anyway I managed a 12.5@119.8mph with nitrous applied in second gear not first. And stock tires.
The reason I was asking was that many folks base their opinions of the f-body on a used 3rd gen they once owned. Not a very good comparison IMHO. As for the 4th gens, I've found they're very good cars if treated well, but they don't respond well to abuse. Kind of like most any other car in that regard.

4) I now own a 350Z Daytona Blue.
Nice car!

harryb92 03-12-2003 12:55 PM

hey webconnection nice numbers!!!

Can you post your dyno graph?

sukkoi19 03-12-2003 01:14 PM

Los americanos no necesitan aprender a segunda idioma porque el idioma de ingles es superior!

In any case if you dont have varying car views you wont have a very accurate represention of the street scene.

BlueWS6 03-12-2003 01:34 PM

So have a good one...

A wise man once said, "those who live in glass houses don't throw stones." I don't see a Nissan as being the highest quality of craftsmanship either.

Javi 03-12-2003 01:36 PM

Originally posted by sukkoi19
Los americanos no necesitan aprender a segunda idioma porque el idioma de ingles es superior!

In any case if you dont have varying car views you wont have a very accurate represention of the street scene.

Nice translation :icon14:

Listen, I don't want to throw rocks at GM, but I speak from experience. I had my LT1 for 3 years and it had only 28k miles in the odometer when I sold it, and the car had rattles everywhere. The power windows where giving me a hard time. The air pump was always giving me trouble, until the dealer didn't want to give me any warranty. And it wasn't only me, my brother had a 1994 TA and later a 1997 Camaro Z-28 and it had the same problems
I know this is going to sound arrogant, but you would be surprised if you knew all the cars that we have here in this little island and the ones that either friends or family have owned and therefore I have driven.

hankd 03-12-2003 01:42 PM

Listen, I don't want to throw rocks at GM, but I speak from experience. I had my LT1 for 3 years and it had only 28k miles in the odometer when I sold it, and the car had rattles everywhere. The power windows where giving me a hard time. The air pump was always giving me trouble, until the dealer didn't want to give me any warranty. And it wasn't only me, my brother had a 1994 TA and later a 1997 Camaro Z-28 and it had the same problems
I know this is going to sound arrogant, but you would be surprised if you knew all the cars that we have here in this little island and the ones that either friends or family have owned and therefore I have driven.

I too owned a 94 Z28. Bought at 59k miles and sold at 130k miles. I beat the hell out of it for 3 yrs and had $50 worth of parts fail. A $10 egr tube and the tranny mount (at the drag strip).

It had a few rattles, but it was mainly due to the exhaust. That car was a beast...