Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

rsx chase m3

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:55 PM
mrrsx350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock vs stock the m3 would kill the rsx type s no dout but with these few mod it can run the same time as the m3 or even better. From the video we don't know if the M3 is modded too but to clear thing up we never claim a win just that we as able to keep up with this m3. So far i only spend like less then a gran for mod. For my type S i only paid like 18k brand new, well we got it for invoice for 21k then i got like 3 gran rebate back from the company i work for at the time. About 1 grand for mod total 19k for m3 straight line preformance. When we get better tires we should be able to run better time. Hoping to get into the 13 sec soon. We'll post up the video!
Old 03-14-2003, 05:04 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey dude, I believe you! Keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Stop7alkin

i believe him

people do always think just because the car is more expensive or has the big #'s it will always win or because its a I6 and urs is a I4. you have to take in account the weight of the two cars also, the M3 might win from a stop but the RSX has higher RPM's so it hauls *** at higher speeds

those RSX Type-Ss are pretty quick
Old 03-16-2003, 07:51 AM
mrrsx350z

hmmm... what kind of mod does your friend got? 1st and most important mod he should look at, is tire well asuming he don't got it already. my advice is to go with nitto 555 street tire. he need to have blanace in power and traction. best way to launch w/ a rsx is to 1st do a small burn out just to get those tires warm up. Note: ( don't do a long one because those tire are not slick, you only need to get the water off the ground.) set the rpm around 3500, let go of the clutch slowly untill it start you feel the car moving forward. make sure to go on the 3rd light that will help your reaction time, but if your not racing the reaction time will make no diffrent. ok when the light come on let go of the clutch as fast as you can but don't floor it xlerator to da ground. leave that the position where you feel it go forward. when it start to get traction then floor it. that should help your 60ft time. also lower your psi around 25 or 26. hope this help him out. let me know how he do.
Attached Thumbnails rsx chase m3-clubrsx.jpg  
Old 03-17-2003, 06:41 AM
E36

Only you! Why don't you try learning something for once in your life.

Originally posted by VandyZ
Hey dude, I believe you! Keep up the good work.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:42 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by E36
Only you! Why don't you try learning something for once in your life.
I come again, put up or shut up!

Last edited by VandyZ; 03-17-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Mr Fairlady

Originally posted by rodH
My little bro has a RSX-R and my dad had a E36, NO way in hell you catch a E36 that fast (esp at freeway speeds) if he knows you are racing.
Check that one!! You say RSX-R,..no such thing unless its JDM DC5-ITR?

I believe(MRRSX350Z) you though,..the RSX-S w/ Hondata is the ****!! Thats great you can run a damn 14.1--incredible!! Nice driving---you we're on stock wheels what about tires?? No way you hit that w/ Stock Ghetto Rubber,.if you did,..you are the man!

nice kill,..maybe the E36 slowed up,..but who knows,..once again anythying can happen on the street!!

I miss my RSX-S a little--(Looks wise)thne again I miss my GSR more(Super JDM'd out),..but really love the Z overall!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:04 PM
mrrsx350z

naw there not with stock tires, at the time we was using nitto 55 but those tire are not that great but it's better then stock tho. but it's all in the launch. w/ stock we are able to run 14.3 w/ those tire 14.1 we are tunning it hopefully next time we will get a better time. but thanks for the support.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:05 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
Check that one!! You say RSX-R,..no such thing unless its JDM DC5-ITR?

I believe(MRRSX350Z) you though,..the RSX-S w/ Hondata is the ****!! Thats great you can run a damn 14.1--incredible!! Nice driving---you we're on stock wheels what about tires?? No way you hit that w/ Stock Ghetto Rubber,.if you did,..you are the man!

nice kill,..maybe the E36 slowed up,..but who knows,..once again anythying can happen on the street!!

I miss my RSX-S a little--(Looks wise)thne again I miss my GSR more(Super JDM'd out),..but really love the Z overall!
yep, I meant RSX-S, sorry

btw, what are the best mods for that car, he wants to know. I hear that the Hondata flash, intake, exhaust and headers get the car some pretty dang good gains.

info??
Old 03-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Mr Fairlady

**** one mod alone is the best! HONDATA!

but not too much else,..but what I would probably have(if I still had mine) is the Jacskon Racing Supercharger--I had it on my old GSR and loved it!! supposedly the RSX-S one run's @ like 3psi of boost and still makes GREAT numbers!The GSR was 6psi--but HONDATA will not work well @ all w/ Forced induction--it will blow!! So they are wroking on Forced ECU flash so it dosen't lean it out so much! Then your lookin @ some serious power!!!!

Tyep-R stuff doesn't seem to work well w/ the Type-s' rpm limit,...so SKUNK2 will be commin out w/ **** in the future I'm sure!!! They have always had great HONDA stuff!!

But I do miss my old one a tad bit!!!

RSX-S(& EP3's-02'Civic Si) has become just about #1 as far as engine potential,...and all the DC2 guys hated it and now all of a sudden they love it!! I mean--its beatin the hell out of Modded ITR's easily!!!

New TIRES are a must on the RSX just like the Z..only stock tires that are good the Stock Bridgestone ITR tires--those are great!But you did agreat run even on Nitto's--but you see he dropped almost 3 tenths from tires alone!
Old 03-18-2003, 07:47 PM
mrrsx350z

here is a link to my video page, it show a few pratice run w/ the new mod get got with the rsx, we are still learning to drive the car, hopefully we get better as we get use to the mod. also some video of my z at thunderhill with some other Z, with a few extra video. I'm the Z in front of the track model Z.

http://home.attbi.com/~aou12/index.html

Mr. Fairlady that is one good looking RSX. Very JDM, loving it! I think you will remember this RSX!
Attached Thumbnails rsx chase m3-final.jpg  
Old 03-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Mr Fairlady

yep,.I remeber that on Clubrsx I think--I'm "Patrick Bateman" on that board!

Nice to see you got a Z too,..damn I wish I could have kept all my old cars topo(RSX-S,and GSR)--I would love to have those as well as the Z

but nice videos!!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:35 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
yep,.I remeber that on Clubrsx I think--I'm "Patrick Bateman" on that board!

Nice to see you got a Z too,..damn I wish I could have kept all my old cars topo(RSX-S,and GSR)--I would love to have those as well as the Z

but nice videos!!
Ya, I have had a 99 Si as well, it was a fun car (I have owned plenty of HOndas-88 CRX Si, 87 Teg LS, 89 Honda Accord, 94 civic coupe EX (just sold on Sunday), 99 Si). The Z is my first nissan, BUT my wife had a old junky 80s pulsat that ws still running decent at 225,000 miles when we sold it.

Sounds like Hondata is the way to go, I will pass that along.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:22 PM
mrrsx350z

Default all motor rsx run 13.3

here is some more proof of what a rsx can do! All motor RSX running low 13 is posible and maybe from this video the m3 race can be more then posible for the rsx to past up the M3!

http://home.attbi.com/~rsx3/rsx133.mov
Old 03-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Carlson

If he is running 14.18 @101mph, he could beat/walk a lot of stock E36 M3s, 350Zs or S2Ks from a roll. Pretty much a drivers' race.

From the video, it looks like the M3 let it off towards the end.

But I doubt that the M3 downshifted to 1st in the video, It looks like you were doing 60mph+ at the beginning, unless the M3 has a very tall 1st gear.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Type-S_51

Default Re: all motor rsx run 13.3

Originally posted by mrrsx350z
here is some more proof of what a rsx can do! All motor RSX running low 13 is posible and maybe from this video the m3 race can be more then posible for the rsx to past up the M3!

http://home.attbi.com/~rsx3/rsx133.mov
are you sure that S was all motor? the fastest all motor (no turbo, no nitrous) RSX we have at ClubRSX is running a 13.7 at 104. that RSX in that vid must be on the bottle or has got some serious engine work done that no one knows about. not callin BS, just wondering if there is more to the story on that one.

as far as the Hondata goes, it is the MUST HAVE mod for the RSX. it makes it a completely different car. i couldnt believe how much power it added. my car definetly has the potential to be a 14.0 car, assuming i could drive
Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 PM
mrrsx350z

You weren't ther but here is another video clip of that same rsx racing a evo 8. It was pretty late at night so there wasn't to many car out. So we wanted to see what the evo have. From the video it hard to see if we was racing or not becuase his evo is so quite. But if you look near the end you can see the tach was near around 150-155! This rsx have great high end it will pull and pull and will not give up. Keep in mine we did this very late so please don't try this during busy traffic. And to Type-S_51 running 14 is easier say then done, with just the chip you will not run low 14 unless you do a fewer mod. We did it a few time but could do it all the time! And also here is another video of it beating another M3.

14.0 flat RSX Type S
http://home.attbi.com/~rsx5/snakersx14.wmv

Evo8 Vs Modded RSX
http://home.attbi.com/~rsx2/evovsrsxmovie.wmv
Old 04-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Mr B

I believe that he would walk a stock E36 auto or manual, doesn't matter. The old M3's weren't that fast imo and on a roll, the modded RSX has the advantage cuz they're lighter. Off the line, the RSX doesn't have much cuz it's fwd and it's hard to launch. On a roll, watch out cuz once they're in their high rpms, it's a good chance he'll give you one helluva fight. Good kill! I love underdogs... my pix shows that a Camry can look good if you do it right... and it wasn't exactly slow either!
Old 04-01-2003, 09:24 AM
xchriz012x

Default don't think so.

Originally posted by s9am_me
i agree.. my friend has an E36 M3 (check my sig)... he's smokin RSX's/integs/civics/Mustang GT/RX-7 Turbo... not to downplay you or anything.. but.. personally... looks like the guy wasn't really trying
Hey s9am_me....
may be other cars that u have listed here, but i don't think E36 M3 can smoke RX-7 Turbo's.
My friend has RX-7 Turbo and his partner has a Supra Twin Turbo.
They both raced a brand new E46 M3, and they both played wid this guy. BTW, these two guyz, and another, owns a car shop. Visit them at www.carversion2.com
NE how, couple of days after the race, M3 guy came to their shop and asked them to make it go faster
All three of them were at HIN in philadelphia. some of u guys might have saw them there. http://www.autophiles.com/body/hin-p...hp?list=4&l=41

Quick Reply: rsx chase m3