Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Dangerous kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 05:32 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerous kill

2pm today -- no cars on this industrial street ... white MR2 (older body style) revs on me at the light (green dot). I know theres some soft twists up ahead and I've heard these light MR2's can handle -- so I wanted to see what he's got. I don't know much else about the MR2's, it was completely debadged on the back and had dual exhaust (do they all?).

I majorly goofed my launch because I wasn't ready and ended up spinning so bad the back was coming out on the right side a bit. I managed to correct it quickly and took off. He took a car length on launch. It's alright tho, at the top of second, I had 1.5 cars on him. Passed him like he was going in reverse.

The right twist came up and I popped my VDC back on for safety and gave it all its got.

Quick glance and he's about 3 car lengths behind now, left turn comes up as i'm at the top of fourth now and my tires are getting a little noisy... i'm at my limit, trying not to push it much beyond that. I look back and I see the complete side of his car (red dot).... yes, he lost total control and he's does two 360's behind me before coming to a stop. I stop at the light and he eventually pulls up. I asked if he's ok and the nods and makes a right in embarassment with a stupid grin.

I'm glad I wasn't next to him when that happened. Kinda reminded me why I shouldn't be street racing, you never know what kinda inexperienced idiot might slam into you. There's a lesson for me and hopefully he learned something too.
Attached Thumbnails Dangerous kill-map.jpg  

Last edited by zxsaint; 03-29-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, aerial view of race! Looks kinda like a Nav screen pic!

Be careful out there!
Old 03-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Zmeflyby

good run..mr2s r slow.....
but those older models with alot of engine work will give u a run.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:21 PM
sukkoi19

I think the early 90's MR2 are known to try and swap ends on you in the twisties. Sounds like it was the truth. Good kill none the less.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:05 PM
SpyVO

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
good run..mr2s r slow.....
but those older models with alot of engine work will give u a run.
I dunno about that. I know that they had turbo versions, and I THINK I've heard of some that had a supercharger and a turbocharger with some kinda tricky switch valve to regulate them. Either way, I saw an older one at Kauai Raceway Park last year that looked stock, ripped off 12's all weekend and was quiet as can be. I don't overlook them anymore.