Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

350Z vs. '01-'02 ram air TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 03:57 PM
S8ER95Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1Redline350Z
yeah, a kids car....that's about all i see driving them. You're paying 700/mo for payments and insurance on that car????? jesus you got thrashed. Hope you're not planning on selling it anytime in the next 5 years. And i used actual numbers. You can call it magazine racing all day long but when professional drivers under controlled conditions run my car at 13.9 and your car at 13.2 i'd say that's factual based discussion. I have plenty of posts on here that have drawn a lot of attention including posts on Injen CAI install, Side marker install, detailing, custom grill, etc. You guys don't seem to look at those posts, being as you came to learn about our cars and all, more bs. But you guys sure are quick to jump on my post when I state that I smoked an LS1 TA in corners and from a rolling start. And you all say, "hey man, it was the fool behind the wheel you beat, not the car"....yeah, just typical of the types of drivers that roll in your gm pos. Hows that for factual based info, *****.
Which magazines are you quoting? MM&FF (Yes a FORD Magazine) Had an article of the Camaro Z28 running not one but 2 back to back high 12s. Bone stock car. Then again we have Motortrend which managed a measly 13.8 @ 105mph out of the 2000 SS. So which "magazine" do you want to quote? Its obvious your never going to change your opinion.. Also..lets just use the 1/4 times you posted..you think thats a very minor difference? You think that its even close? Have you ever visisted a dragstrip? It would take more than a few bolt ons and driving skill for the 350Z to pull a 13.2. I don't understand why you think any differently. As far as your posts.. why would I read about detailing, custom grills, etc? The only thing about a CAI I would care about is the performance gain vs costs. I would obviously have no need to install one. Thats great that your contributing..I guess I was wrong on that aspect. You can continue to play down the Fbody all you want. Just don't have any hurt feelings when your car gets a beat down from a hick. You will still have your "class and prestige" to console you. Im sure a Porsche owner wouldn't have any hard feelings loosing to a Vette right? Since the Porsche is a better car in many ways. BTW... Im not sure who the Fbody people you said "visit this site and post BS about your cars." are. Since everything Ive seen so far as been dead on. Maybe your incapable of contemplating reality, or possible just someone with a huge ego? I knew a Doctor like that in my area...his mighty Mercedes Kompresor fell victom to a mullet mobile and he was mighty impressed.. actually I think he changed a bit for the better after that. Hard to talk down on something capable of beating you. Racing, Mentally, or Physically. You have to respect it.. I guess respect with you is a one way street. I certainly respect the 350Z and what its capable of.. you obviously will never do the same... waste of time I suppose.. on my end.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:23 PM
CrazyBosnian

Wow, there is some stupid people in this world.......
Old 04-24-2003, 08:05 PM
DamianZ

"Never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to their level and beat you up with experience," Anonymous.

Damian
2003 350z
SS 5Sp Auto
Old 04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by DamianZ
"Never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to their level and beat you up with experience," Anonymous.

Damian
2003 350z
SS 5Sp Auto
Love that quote.. cept I just sorta fell right into it :P LOL Good times.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:01 AM
ELESWON

Originally posted by S8ER95Z
Love that quote.. cept I just sorta fell right into it :P LOL Good times.
Yeah me too...and ive been on car related sites enough that i should have long since learned better. But the chance to possibly bring someone around from a faulty perspective always gets me. But ya know, you cant bring around that which doesnt want to be brought. Peace.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:08 AM
JP00SS

Originally posted by DamianZ

Damian
2003 350z
SS 5Sp Auto
Old 04-26-2003, 02:00 PM
CrazyBosnian

I was quoting motor trend because it seemed to be the most non-biased source from which to post (unlike a ford or chevy mag). And yeah, i've been to plenty of dragstrips as i've been racing various cars (LT1 TA, Supra Turbo, 350Z) and motorcycles (CBR 600F2, Zx-6, CBR 929RR) since I was 15. I love drag racing; I also love autoX as i've driven a BMW 323Ci, Z3, miata and 350Z. I have a lot of experience launching cars in drag races and handling on autox courses. I was smoking F-bodies, vettes (one C5 vette beat me one month), and just about everything out there in that 323Ci as I consistently placed 2-5th every autox (think it's bs??? check out www.msscca.org, click on results, 2001, and look at the little 170 hp 323 bimmer smoke your precious f-body). Now, given that I know a little about driving an eclectic group of cars why is it so difficult to imagine that i've beat an f-body in a street race. Crazy bosnian started this flame by saying that i beat the fool in the car not the car. No s*#!. Well, one of two things (or probably a little of both) that solid rear axle in your car makes it hard to launch without spinning and the majority of guys driving them think that they have soooo much power that a good launch isn't necessary against the little V-6 Z. Joke. And yeah, I know that .7 secs (the numbers that i posted that you so eagerly attacked) equates to several car lengths at the strip. Not if you spin and I come off the line with great launches...something that has been easy to do in the Z.
So let me get this straight, you are saying that a solid rear is harder to launch than an IRS, hahaha, you are as stupid as i thought...All of your posts show how little you know, so please man, do us all a favor and shut up..

Peace
Old 04-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Last WS6

I Well, one of two things (or probably a little of both) that solid rear axle in your car makes it hard to launch without spinning and the majority of guys driving them think that they have soooo much power that a good launch isn't necessary against the little V-6 Z.
Damn and i thought all along that my solid rear was helping me launch my car out at 5000 rpms. Would hate to see what would happen to an irs car launched out at 5k.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Caswell

Originally posted by Last WS6
Damn and i thought all along that my solid rear was helping me launch my car out at 5000 rpms. Would hate to see what would happen to an irs car launched out at 5k.
What, you've never seen a BPU Supra try to hook up? You know the joke... what's the difference between a 300hp Supra and a 600hp Supra? About two tenths.

Seriously though, the vast majority of IRS cars that can launch as hard (if not harder) than their solid axle brethren are also equipped with AWD. Outside of that, solid rear axle is the way to go if you want to launch hard. Has anyone ever seen an IRS car pull the front wheels?
Old 04-26-2003, 04:48 PM
JP00SS

I think somebody just got owned
Old 04-26-2003, 07:50 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by Caswell
What, you've never seen a BPU Supra try to hook up? You know the joke... what's the difference between a 300hp Supra and a 600hp Supra? About two tenths.

Seriously though, the vast majority of IRS cars that can launch as hard (if not harder) than their solid axle brethren are also equipped with AWD. Outside of that, solid rear axle is the way to go if you want to launch hard. Has anyone ever seen an IRS car pull the front wheels?
Hmmmm....the one i heard was:

Whats the difference between a 400HP Supra and a 800 HP Supra??

They both run 12s.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:09 PM
sukkoi19

Wow, that is all I can say.

Last edited by sukkoi19; 04-26-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ENOUGH people! Thread closed due to lack of maturity...