Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Blew tires racing Twin turbo Vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 01:41 PM
JZC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES!

That was great.
Never post again, ever! You're golden, don't taint it.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:51 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by FastandTheFurious
Hey, it's me again, The CEO OF INTEL? Seriously folks. I am for real, fashizzle my nizzle. I guess i shouldn't have typed up that real story that actually happened to me, because most of you ******** only commented on that. I wanted some info about some bolt ons and you guys made fun of my real story. I swear to jesus, it is real.

But seriously folks. Seriously. Seriously. Seriously.Answer this question. How does the Z go against 93+ rx7s, and mkiv supra tts?
For the record.. I tired to answer your question As far as the Supras and Rx7s...

RX7 Vs Supra Stats

I obviously don't know all the facts...however from the numbers Im looking at..
Supra Turbo (13.1 @ 109mph)
RX7 (13.7 @ 101mph)
Old 04-25-2003, 02:58 PM
Mrsideways

Originally posted by S8ER95Z
Twin Turbo Kit

Enjoy your wait.

On a serious level.. Exhaust, CAI, Intake, Headers, and some sticky tires..I think you could edge out a stock LS1. Otherwise.. you have a lot of power from a 3.5 V6. Amazing actually since the 280hp on the GTP is a 3.8L FI E90 Eaton Supercharger. However I think to push beyond you may have to look into FI. Otherwise the mods I listed above could *possibly* put you well within range of taking down an LS1.
$6500.00 Christ Jesus, and it doesn't even come with a stand alone ecu. For that kinda money I'd atleast expect at Tec III. If you buy that I got a end table signed by Elvis i'll give you a real good price on!
Old 04-25-2003, 05:31 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by Mrsideways
$6500.00 Christ Jesus, and it doesn't even come with a stand alone ecu. For that kinda money I'd atleast expect at Tec III. If you buy that I got a end table signed by Elvis i'll give you a real good price on!
Why would you need a stand alone ECU? I would assume you could just use AutoTap or LT1Edit? Anyone care to elaborate on this.. would make for good discussion.

A H/C/I LS1 would already have ~400rwhp.. so adding a Vortech/Turbo (If still possible) would probably be ~600rwhp or more.. Like they say..you have to pay to play.

Anyways.. I would go this route personally.
LS1 Vortech

LT1 Vortech

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 04-25-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:46 PM
2000 SS

Default Re: Blew tires racing Twin turbo Vette

Seriously Folks. What will it take for a Z to pull an LS1? just a regular C5 vette or a 02 ss. . I haven't raced anybody yet because i still have around 400 miles on my Z. There is about a 300 lb difference between an fbody and a Z. And Mullet drivers, don't tell me to get a tt kit for my Z, i would already be owning you if i did. Just some simple bolt on mods, BUT WHICH ONES?
Yeah there's a weight difference, and your horsepower levels aren't really THAT far off from an LS1 powered car. Try looking at the amount of torque and it's curve though. Torque is what pushes you down the track. I think with all the bolt ons available for a Z and some better tires, you can hang with a stock LS1 at the strip.
Here's what I ran when I was as close to stock as I can remember. First pass ever in my SS. 13.263 @104.6 (lid only). At the time, I had stock tires, an induction lid, no free mods, paper filter, an exhaust cutout before the muffler that was CAPPED and a set of sub frame connectors (helps strengthen our flexy chassis, added 24lbs). That same day, after numerous runs with the cutout open, I pulled a best of 13.060 @ 105.88. Temps were great in the mid 60's and it wasn't muggy at all. I could never duplicate those times again though, after that 13.20's were the norm and 13.30s with the cutout capped. The 6 speed guys with similar mods were slower in ET but had higher trap speeds. With a torque converter, Nitto DR's and an underdrive pulley, I was in the mid 12's. I'm hoping to crack into a late 11 second pass with my current setup (daily driven BTW).
Hope this helps!
John

P.S. I don't have a mullet OR a ceasar cut And even with a TT kit, you still won't be spanking this SS
Old 04-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Mrsideways

Originally posted by S8ER95Z
Why would you need a stand alone ECU? I would assume you could just use AutoTap or LT1Edit? Anyone care to elaborate on this.. would make for good discussion.

A H/C/I LS1 would already have ~400rwhp.. so adding a Vortech/Turbo (If still possible) would probably be ~600rwhp or more.. Like they say..you have to pay to play.

Anyways.. I would go this route personally.
LS1 Vortech

LT1 Vortech
I was using that as an example. Stand Alone ECUs are nice but not needed in all applications. My point was that it's god awful expensive espically for not including a Stand Alone ECU. For Instance you can buy a miata turbo kit that will make over 300 rwhp with a stand alone ECU for under $5K. And even that's pricey in my mind. But most turbo kits that don't include a whole new ECU should be under 3K in my books.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:59 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Selski12

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Selski12, that Huge A** Rolleyes cracked me the f*** up! You won't mind if I use that from time to time? Goodness knows, there's been PLENTY of times I needed it!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Selski12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead, I do not have ownership of it...though the file is on my website.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:36 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by Mrsideways
I was using that as an example. Stand Alone ECUs are nice but not needed in all applications. My point was that it's god awful expensive espically for not including a Stand Alone ECU. For Instance you can buy a miata turbo kit that will make over 300 rwhp with a stand alone ECU for under $5K. And even that's pricey in my mind. But most turbo kits that don't include a whole new ECU should be under 3K in my books.
I guess it depends... Getting a turbo setup on a already confined space such as the Fbody would be a *****. Maybe after its been out a while the price will come down.. Im sure the TT Kit for the 350Z won't be all that inexpensive at first either.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:36 AM
91na

So which one of your extremely informative posts got you that yellow card F&F?
Old 04-26-2003, 02:55 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by 91na
So which one of your extremely informative posts got you that yellow card F&F?
Whats the deal with those cards? Seems everytime I end up in a flame war where Im attempting to have an intelligent conversation the other person ends up with either a Red or Yellow Card.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:59 PM
JZC

Whats the deal with those cards? Seems everytime I end up in a flame war where Im attempting to have an intelligent conversation the other person ends up with either a Red or Yellow Card.

Keywords:

Try, and intellegent.

As far as this thread goes, don't bother iengaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:27 PM
joeshow750

FastandThe-Fuhrer-ous
Attached Images  

Last edited by 350zSpeedRacer; 04-27-2003 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:18 PM
sukkoi19

Wheres the red card, wheres the ban? This guy is an insult to this board, please get him out of here before somebody links this thread to other forums.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Phatmitzu

Dude "FastandTheFurious",

Chill out. I think its the language you use is making people point their guns at you. No need to prove youself here...cuz when you are "trying" to, you'll end up.......

I know this guy deserved it, but that pic is still offensive.

Last edited by 350zSpeedRacer; 04-27-2003 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:57 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by sukkoi19
Wheres the red card, wheres the ban? This guy is an insult to this board, please get him out of here before somebody links this thread to other forums.
He's gone. First thing I did this morning was ban him and basically delete/edit all of his posts, since they were all offensive to some degree.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:21 AM
3 FIVE O Z

Default Re: Blew tires racing Twin turbo Vette

it was exactly 3 am saturday. i just got back from dancing at a club with my bros. i met this fine *** chick and we got .......well you know, hehe! well i pulled outta this club, and then this twin turbo vette pulled next to me, i knew it was a twin turbo because the vette had a huge twin turbo banner. and twin turbo was written on the side of the vette. well the light turned green and i shot off and was pulling the tt vette by 7 car lengths, but then i heard this loud pfffffffffffffft, and then it was right next to me, dead even, and oh yeah, did i tell you that i just got a nos system hooked up last saturday? well i did, i had like a 289 shot of nos, and i pushed the button and i pulled him by 10 car lengths, and i was like sweet, we got up to 180 and then i was pulling 250 mph until i heard this EXPLOSION, BOOM! one of my tires popped, so i was like ****, i was riding on one of my rims, there were sparks everywhere, and i was still accelerating because nos made me accelerate, and then i could no longer see the tt vette behind me. i slowed down, i finally saw the vette tt, he pulled next to me and was like "Damn boyee, what kind of **** you got under that Z, and i was like "more than you can afford pal, FERRARI", and he was like "that was from fast and the furious, and i was like " yeah, that movie owns", and he was like "sweet ride, you took me by almost 11 car lengths," and i was like "i did?" heheheh, i played it off like i didn't care. and then i called that girl and i popped her cherry sunday morning, i popped it 3 times. no, i think 5 times. but either way, it was an awesome weekend, after the weekend i took the Z into the shop to get some new tires, and then i took the Z to work, i am the CEO of Intel. I pulled up to my reserved parking space,and right next to me was that TT vette, and i was like holy ****, what a coincidence. THe truth is that guy who drove the tt vette just got hired at Intel and he was the new Vice President, that was cool. So we became friends, Me, the Ceo of INtel, and him, the vice president. we still race sometimes, but i sometimes just beat him by 7 car lengths just to make him not feel that bad, hehehehehe, REPRESENT Z OWNERS.

P.S. Z owners, it is better to put the nos buttons in the middle of the steering wheel, that way it is easier to reach it, Dom, the rx7 racer put it next to his air conditioning, which was kind of a reach.
Intel has been designing a computer for the Z, it will control the nos levels. It will also allow you to program how big your engine will be, it can make it larger or smaller, that way you can have more horse power or less. you will need to get a bigger hood though for when the engine expands.

Seriously Folks. What will it take for a Z to pull an LS1? just a regular C5 vette or a 02 ss. . I haven't raced anybody yet because i still have around 400 miles on my Z. There is about a 300 lb difference between an fbody and a Z. And Mullet drivers, don't tell me to get a tt kit for my Z, i would already be owning you if i did. Just some simple bolt on mods, BUT WHICH ONES?

Old 04-27-2003, 09:04 AM
2000 SS

And 2000ss? Torque is what "pushes you down the track"? REALLY, ARE YOU FOR REAL? SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY 2000SS, SERIOUSLY?! I'm pretty sure that everyone here that actually posted, except for selski, knew that torque is major factor in any straight line acceleration. OF COURSE TORQUE = FORCE X DISTANCE. THE MORE TORQUE I HAVE, THE LESS TIME IT TAKES FOR ME TO FINISH THE 1/4 MILES? HOLY ****. you are "for reallin'" about almost running 11s? I'm pretty sure in my first reply that i told you mullet maros that if i did have a tt kit, i would be significantly pulling you. I doubt you are almost running 11s, more like high 12s, or low 13s. So once my Z is broken in (800 miles left) i will begin to do some simple needed bolt ons, and if that is not enough to run with some ls1s(eh), i will Call my V.P of Intel friend, and he will run you, and that will be my victory.
I have nothing to hide. I did manage a 12.64 before my cam/headers/tuning on a track with NO prep, so I think 11's should be attainable now, even with my Nitto's. Not to mention changing out high mileage plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc.I have lot's of local area guys that can vouch for my lousy times (they expected a little better). I'd rather have someone from this site witness it, preferably you
Call your VP of Intel friend, I'd be honored to meet someone like that. Actually, seeing that he's a heavy hitter with a huge software company he can come out here and do a track rental for us. Everyone on here would really appreciate that! Maybe he can spring for a TT kit for your car, then you can close the distance. He better have a trendy hairstyle, otherwise he'll be made fun of more than the mullet boys.

To the rest of the members of 350z.com, I know that you don't behave like this member. I don't post that much here but do read up a lot on the 350z and really like it, it's a great car. Sometimes I post up on misconceptions about the LS1 that's all.