Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Raced ZChick!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 09:06 PM
nwind21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced ZChick!

Me and Aloha met up with ZChick and her friend at the West Coast Nationals Saturday night. Not much a big fan of street racing (i.e. ego boosting, **** stroking, car bullying, etc.)... but... what's a short race(s) among forum friends?

On the way back from dinner, the streets were empty... and the red lights beckoned to turn green for us.... so we decided to have some fun. We each had someone riding shotgun.

Wow. ZChick has been rubbing my defeat into my face, but I gladly take consolation prize she has 100+ more HP then me ( Stage 3 300ZX, 405-410 whp vs. Stock Touring ).

We did three runs from various stop lights on the way home. I forgot to do a run w/o VDC... but even with it on... we held our own till about top of the 1-2 transition. Then she proceeded to whoop our butts with some major pull when the turbos kicked in.

I think the fastest we ran to was 0-60/70 before shutting it down. I'd say... visually before we shut it down... she was about 1-1.5 cars ahead of me. Probably by 90, she would be 2-3 cars. Being the losing car, we tended to quickly shut it down since the outcome was obvious and neither of us knew the area well (speed traps, etc.)

Just some amateur observations.
1) The 350Z has a good gearing. It makes up for less power and better transfer of torque we got. The 300ZX has more power which becomes evident once the car gets off the line and into 2-3 is where it really starts to pull (turbos spool'ed up).
2) Everyone knows this but... VDC, if it gets engaged, will really suck your acceleration. I'm guessing even with or without it, doing a launch while keeping minimal wheel spin is always preferable so watch that lead foot during launches. The good side is that with VDC on, you err on the side of a safety.

All I can say is WOW.

So a rematch is in order next year at Nationals ZChick. At which point I will hopefully be != stock.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Aloharacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep...they were good runs, but the stock 350 can't match the 410rwhp that Zchick has

Last edited by Aloharacing; 01-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.