Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:31 PM
SpyVO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it is. I think my situation is a bit unique since I've mixed and matched some factory parts that were never meant to go together, namely the knock sensor and computer. I've heard that there were a couple different sensitivity knock sensors, and that some computers pull more timing than others when they get a signal from the knock sensor. I have the most aggressive computer they made, timing wise, and what is supposedly the 'loudest' knock sensor they made. It's just easier to tune it conservatively and unplug the sensor.

I make it a point to run the car at the track exactly like I run it on the street. I hate all these turbo 4 guys that do EVERYTHING in their power to make their cars run a good time, only to drive it around in a detuned state. Why brag about a car that can run 13's only in track trim when there's a lot of REAL 13-second cars roaming around the streets? So for me, that means no slicks or drag radials, no extra boost (for now...heheh) and no race gas. So what if it's only means mid 14's right now, because I know that there's only 3 mods in the whole car at this point. That's still enough to mess with many of the 5.0s at the track and ALL of the ricers.

-Mike
Old 05-14-2003, 11:07 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by SpyVO
Yeah it is. I think my situation is a bit unique since I've mixed and matched some factory parts that were never meant to go together, namely the knock sensor and computer. I've heard that there were a couple different sensitivity knock sensors, and that some computers pull more timing than others when they get a signal from the knock sensor. I have the most aggressive computer they made, timing wise, and what is supposedly the 'loudest' knock sensor they made. It's just easier to tune it conservatively and unplug the sensor.

I make it a point to run the car at the track exactly like I run it on the street. I hate all these turbo 4 guys that do EVERYTHING in their power to make their cars run a good time, only to drive it around in a detuned state. Why brag about a car that can run 13's only in track trim when there's a lot of REAL 13-second cars roaming around the streets? So for me, that means no slicks or drag radials, no extra boost (for now...heheh) and no race gas. So what if it's only means mid 14's right now, because I know that there's only 3 mods in the whole car at this point. That's still enough to mess with many of the 5.0s at the track and ALL of the ricers.

-Mike
LOL..True. Oh and I found out last summer that a bad (Dead) Knock Sensor is like nuetering (SP?) the car. I had 12 degrees of retard at Idle and 22 at 4500rpm. Never realized how important that damn thing was.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:01 PM
1BadAzzGT

Wow this is a long thread.