Gave me a laugh..
Old 06-28-2003, 03:49 PM
themyst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, it seems he lives around me. Maybe I should run him
Old 06-28-2003, 07:48 PM
AOC

Why would it make you laugh? Seems more than believable to me.

Average driver in a 350 is NOT going to be hitting mid to high 13's...they are at best mid to low 14's with average driver.

Line that same driver up with an experienced driver in a modded celica...and the story goes the same as that fellows post. Simple.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:17 PM
haddixracing

Celica GTS's are slow as *****...and bolt ons aren't gonna get you in the 13's in one. I ALWAYS beat GT-S's by at least 3 cars to 80mph in my Probe GT, and it is at best running 14.8's.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:16 PM
CottonWoodz

Originally posted by AOC
Why would it make you laugh? Seems more than believable to me.

Average driver in a 350 is NOT going to be hitting mid to high 13's...they are at best mid to low 14's with average driver.

Line that same driver up with an experienced driver in a modded celica...and the story goes the same as that fellows post. Simple.
So your saying a Celica Gts with bolt-ons can hit mid 14's?

You my friend are a jackass!!
Old 06-28-2003, 09:48 PM
themyst

Turns out this celica owner is a friend of a friend. Should be interesting. And I have seen GTS's run 14.7's with a few minor bolt-ons and a 8350 revlimiter. I am partial to 7th gen Celicas because I used to own one. Drag racing is all about who gets the better launch. A 350z can make a C5 look like a laughingstock if the C5 doesn't know how to launch properly. The story is believable, but the Z PROBABLY had his VDC on. The 350z is a high 14's car with VDC on... which is more around the Celica GTS range.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:05 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by themyst
Turns out this celica owner is a friend of a friend. Should be interesting. And I have seen GTS's run 14.7's with a few minor bolt-ons and a 8350 revlimiter. I am partial to 7th gen Celicas because I used to own one. Drag racing is all about who gets the better launch. A 350z can make a C5 look like a laughingstock if the C5 doesn't know how to launch properly. The story is believable, but the Z PROBABLY had his VDC on. The 350z is a high 14's car with VDC on... which is more around the Celica GTS range.
you forgot the "VDC on and going in reverse".

sorry, but a Z will absolutely KILL a GT-S even with a poor driver. These guys that have 180 hp GT-S that they bought for 26K are just trying to make themselves feel good, first the RSX comes out 2K less and with 20 HP more (and easily modded) and then the base Z comes out with 287 HP for less then a 1K difference in price VS the GT-S. What a JOKE!!!
Old 06-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Mr Fairlady

hmm,.Celica's are a tad on the slow side from a Z(even slightly modded) but now Some are Fast!! I'll give em that!
,..now my Friend had an ALL TRD'd out GTS inside and OUT!!! EVEYRTHING!!!
And when I had my RSX-S-w/ just Skunk2 exhaust and INjen intake,...I blew his doors off @ the start,.but granted he started comming back in the end,..but still beat him by a half a car almost everytime--best he ran was a 14.6 (not the best driver in the world)but--who knows
And Best run I did(only ran it once) w/ the RSX-S was damn 15.2 stock

TRD Flywheel & Clutch
Trd LSD
Apex'i SAFC
Yokohama Parada
TRD Kazuma exhaust (??) LOUD AS ****!!!INjen Cold air
TRD HEADER,.etc etc
Either way his **** was bad ***!!!

Exterior he had TRD (REAL) Body Kit not action package--like $1200 more then action package TRD JDM Recaro Type seats
had A bunch of ****!!!!!
Everything TRD,.Plus 2 sets of TRD VOLK(Bronze and white) Wheels(just to let ya know he was a TRD freak!)

He had is Auto switched over to Manual EVEN--thast takin it a bit too far for me
It was nice,..but damn,..I def feel the VDC was on in the Z--but hey anything can happen on the street,..some prople just can't drive??
Heres some pic's jst to show ya!
I would love to line up to a Celica,.or w/ any car for that matter,.I don't get to catch too many races,..I wanna do it for fun,.weither I win or lose--its fun @ the same time dangerous though,...So take it easy on the streets guys and gals!
Attached Thumbnails Celica GT-S KILLS 350Z-dsc01100.jpg  
Old 06-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Mr Fairlady

Attached Thumbnails Celica GT-S KILLS 350Z-mvc-005s.jpg  
Old 06-28-2003, 10:42 PM
failsafe
....for your health

My last car was a '00 GT-S. They are quick cars (and 2500 lbs)- especially from a roll. The car kicked *** on the freeway. However the Celica GT-S is completely gutless off the line. It lives above 6000 but getting there is painfully slow.
The weird thing about the guys story is he says he timed the light perfectly and then spun his tires for 2 sec. And then he shot out of the hole with a 1.5 car lead . Sorry if the Celica pulls a 1.5 car lead out of the hole somebody better wake up the Z driver.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:53 PM
CottonWoodz

Thumbs up

The weird thing about the guys story is he says he timed the light perfectly and then spun his tires for 2 sec. And then he shot out of the hole with a 1.5 car lead . Sorry if the Celica pulls a 1.5 car lead out of the hole somebody better wake up the Z driver.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:26 PM
kozik

fastest car i ever had was this ugly-assed 4 door 1989 BMw 325 that my buddy john the bmw mechanic worked a bunch of voodoo on. it had an earl scheib paintjob and i never washed it. I live in an area of town thats crawlin with big-dollar 'rice' and I smoked them all on Geary Blvd night after night.

sold it recently. The Z i bought for looks. I'll hop it up, but it is actually pretty slow for a sportscar.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:08 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by kozik
fastest car i ever had was this ugly-assed 4 door 1989 BMw 325 that my buddy john the bmw mechanic worked a bunch of voodoo on. it had an earl scheib paintjob and i never washed it. I live in an area of town thats crawlin with big-dollar 'rice' and I smoked them all on Geary Blvd night after night.

sold it recently. The Z i bought for looks. I'll hop it up, but it is actually pretty slow for a sportscar.
Pretty slow for a sportscar, but a 996 911 selling for more than twice as much is just as "slow".....
Old 06-29-2003, 01:04 AM
xZlr8

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Pretty slow for a sportscar, but a 996 911 selling for more than twice as much is just as "slow".....
I'll buy that for a dollar
Old 06-29-2003, 01:07 AM
xZlr8

Originally posted by kozik
but it is actually pretty slow for a sportscar.
Yeah, i know....we only have identical numbers to a Porsche 911. I'll have to e-mail Nissan and Porsche and tell them to step it up a notch.....
Old 06-29-2003, 01:31 AM
ZEXC-33

Originally posted by xZlr8
Yeah, i know....we only have identical numbers to a Porsche 911. I'll have to e-mail Nissan and Porsche and tell them to step it up a notch.....
ROFLMAO sorry man but identical numbers? Im assuming u mean acceleration given the nature of this thread and that fool who believed his Celica with 190hp LOL bet the Z off the line. Come on, i like the Z too, but to honestly believe its as quick as a purpose built sports car like the 996 Carrera ur trippin. An entry model 996 Carrera with 320hp and 1320kg will cut a low 13sec 1/4, every mag ive read the Z with 280hp and 1463kg is a low-mid 14sec car. Maths just dont add up, sorry dude!

Last edited by ZEXC-33; 06-29-2003 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:08 AM
CrazyBosnian

I dunno i see Zs beating all these LS1s, why couldnt the celica beat the Z, they are about the same #s apart from Z as the Z is from an LS1...
Old 06-29-2003, 06:35 AM
LBSOHK

i second CrazyBosnian , something's not right about Z beating all kinds of cars which are " faster " , but when a "slower" car beats the Z people raise the bs flag...
Old 06-29-2003, 09:48 AM
AOC

Originally posted by CrazyBosnian
I dunno i see Zs beating all these LS1s, why couldnt the celica beat the Z, they are about the same #s apart from Z as the Z is from an LS1...

VERY Well said. Half of the members on this board dont visit this board because they are "Car Enthusiasts", they visit this board because apparently their ***** are bigger than anyone else out there.

I have personally seen Celica's with bolt on's hit 14.3, 14.2@98.xx mph or so...I have seen Celica's with 35shot nitrous kits nail 13.8's all day, well until the bottle runs out. At the same time, I have seen some hit as high as 16.8's.

I have also seen 350's run 13.8's and believe it or not, I have seen some pull of some blistering 14.8's and higher. Obviously these aren't pro's out there...but it is what is OUT THERE.

If you guys on this site can't see how a Celica, or any other car that is CAPABLE of running low 14's, can beat the almighty Z...then I am wasting my time talking with a bunch of "sore loosers".

Last edited by AOC; 06-29-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:50 AM
kozik

I bought the Z because it looked great and when the happy day comes someone makes a decent blower or turbo for it it will be nice to have some real power.

I almost bought a Z06 that thing is truly fast bone stock..I tested one for an afternoon...but for the price it was just not a nice enough interior..plus there's a billion of the things around here.

very few Z's in San Fran..i have seen maybe 3 total other than mine...people trip on it.

and being a pretty ;nimble' car its fun to drive in town.

deal is though...until the turbo or sc shows up...350Z ai'nt that 'bad'. That day comes tho..450 HP on this little car is going to be AWESOME.

I think porsches are ugly. also around here they are like a 'girls car'..every porsche I see is either an old guy or a 'rich lady'.

the Z is just 'sleazy' enough to qualify as a 'musclecar'...once we get a turbo ....

anyways..as far as racing..i come from v8 land and it is not a race to me unless it has a beginning and an end. from a dead stop to point X. with winesses.

these 'rolling up' at speed deals are not real races. i

Quick Reply: Celica GT-S KILLS 350Z