Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

New Member Welcome Message

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Arrow New Member Welcome Message

Hello,

On behalf of the Moderators and Administrators of MY350Z.COM we'd like to welcome you to the forum.

We'd like to offer you some tips on how to make your time here more productive and enjoyable.

One of the first things you should do is click on the User CP link (top left of main pages) to get into the User Control Panel. Then click on the Edit Your Details link at the left side. Please put in your location (city and/or state) and fill out the Additional information section with year and model of your Z. That makes it easier for us to answer questions if you forget to include those details in your post.

The User CP is where you can also change your avatar, define a signature, access Private Messages as well as other account maintenance.

The starting place for the forum can be found here at the main index: https://my350z.com/forum/
From there, you will notice that there are a number of subject specific sub-forums. Please post your questions in the proper sub-forum. They are also the best place to start when searching for an answer. Use the Search This Forum link in the upper right corner of the index to search just that sub-forum. Note that the Technical forums are broken down by 350Z and 370Z.

You will find "sticky" threads at the top of most forums. These contain commonly asked questions, FAQs and other important information. Some contain rules related to that particular sub-forum, like the Marketplace for example. Read those carefully!

Some popular and common threads that you should become familiar with are:

Top 100 Questions
Read this before doing any modifications
What's the best ... ?
Intake/Exhaust FAQ
Forced Induction for Noobs

Make sure to check out the Do-It-Yourself forums for instructions on modifications and maintenance: https://my350z.com/forum/do-it-yourself-guides-377/

If you have questions of a local nature, for example, meetings, car shows, local shops, where to find local services, start at the Regional forums: https://my350z.com/forum/north-america-87/

MY350Z is a huge forum with millions of posts by over 125,000 members. The moderators and administrators work hard to keep the forum organized and the members civilized. If you see a problem with a post or the member posting it, you can report it directly to the moderators using the triangular yellow "Report Post" button on the left side of the post.

The Terms Of Use that you agreed to abide by when you signed up can be found here: Terms Of Use
Please take the time to read them again and become familiar with the basic rules as you will be expected to follow them. If you don't you will find yourself on the receiving end of warnings, Infractions and possible ban from the site.

As a "noob" or new member, you'll need to learn some of the forum etiquette. The easiest way to do that is to "lurk and learn". Read the threads, observe and learn from others, search and find answers. Jumping in with both feet can occasionally result in you getting "flamed".

Here are some tips on things you should avoid posting ...

Your age.
Whether you bought the car or mom/dad bought it.
Can a Z beat ? questions.
What parts do I need to add to get nnn HP?
What color/model/year should I buy?
What exhaust sounds best/loudest/should I buy?
Street Racing - not allowed per TOU.
I want FI, what do I need to do?
What do you think of this ?? type questions. If you ask for an opinion, you're going to get one and not all will be positive.
If you do something careless or stupid and wreck your Z and live to tell about it, you'll be flamed mercilessly.

If you need to refer back to this message, a copy can be found posted as a "sticky" at the top of the My350Z.com Feedback, Suggestions & Questions forum: https://my350z.com/forum/my350z-com-...-questions-84/