Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

375 whp NA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Hoooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a DP always displays flywheel HP. its not actually the estimated flywheel HP, its their measured HP. for whatever reason, thats what the charts will say, even though what it means is hub HP, which is still a little high cause it doesnt include loss through the weight of the wheels or the effective torque arm of the wheels
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoooper
soooo, its not a normal NA g? or are you just a better driver than every z/g that goes to this track? my dad drives a G sedan (A/T) and i hate driving it cause its anemically slow compared to my car. Then again, i do trap 104 so
its not stock if that what you are asking... but it is NA (but from your posts, you are not stock either)... bring your car to Fontana during the next street legals - there will be plenty of Gs and Zs that you can "show" how fast you are - instead of talk/type here... BTW its highly doubful that you will trap 104 at Fontana.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Hoooper

im not going to drive 8 hours to show that i can trap 104. its really not that important. however, i trap 104 at infineon, which is supposed to be much slower than the other tracks around. i havent been to others though so i cant really confirm that, being at a nationally recognized track where the people around are mostly cool and fun to talk to seems to have an appeal, plus living less than a half hour away is also nice. for trap comparison, there is a guy i know who runs here in a vortech z AT who runs 13 flat at only 101 so yes, it is a really low trapping strip.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
OCG35
Banned

im not going to drive 8 hours to show that i can trap 104. its really not that important. however, i trap 104 at infineon, which is supposed to be much slower than the other tracks around. i havent been to others though so i cant really confirm that, being at a nationally recognized track where the people around are mostly cool and fun to talk to seems to have an appeal, plus living less than a half hour away is also nice. for trap comparison, there is a guy i know who runs here in a vortech z AT who runs 13 flat at only 101 so yes, it is a really low trapping strip.
8 hours? I didnt realize you were that far...
Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

time slip?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by OCG35
8 hours? I didnt realize you were that far...
yeah, im north of san francisco. otherwise i would certainly be down. i love a day of racing. even if your car was in fact faster (truth is that would be fine by me, i enjoy seeing faster car and meeting their drivers. all in friendly competition) it would be a fun time. whats your mod list?

Last edited by Hoooper; 07-14-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
time slip?
sure thing. when i come back wednesday ill have an extra special one for you. i dont have any with me here at work
Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 AM
pmohr

In for the Maxima hating...

Wait...nevermind.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by pmohr@Altered
In for the Maxima hating...

Wait...nevermind.
lol. i wonder why...
Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
OCG35
Banned

yeah, im north of san francisco. otherwise i would certainly be down. i love a day of racing. even if your car was in fact faster (truth is that would be fine by me, i enjoy seeing faster car and meeting their drivers. all in friendly competition) it would be a fun time. whats your mod list?
just typical bolt ons with a few tweaks...
Old 07-15-2008, 04:04 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure thing. when i come back wednesday ill have an extra special one for you. i dont have any with me here at work
I can haz extra special timeslip too??
Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 AM
NmexMAX

Weren't these your latest slips prior to your vacation from the org?

http://forums.maxima.org/1-4-1-8-mil...tml?highlight=

I'm guessing you haven't gone for headers just yet, but have done 'some other' modding?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Hoooper

yeah there has been a little bit here and there since then. a little more tuning and some more SSIM porting/port matching (lets just say it looks like the HP curve would be flat/increasing to about 7500 before dropping). im starting to think i have a vacuum leak though, been getting some weird AFR readings. hopefully when i get to the track today it will turn out to be something else unrelated to power. Been using a new launch technique which has given me much more consisten 60's. the 2-step/WOT box should be at my house in no time too, REALLLY cant wait for that. All in all, when the car is running right and pulling low 2.1 60's it runs 13.6 easy. wish i had some slicks/light wheels though. stockers and craptenzas FTL. was hoping for some come my birthday, but helmet...FTL tirewise, but nice helmet

Edit: as for headers, im not sure ill ever get them. im probly just about through modding this car (245whp/240tq isnt bad for a maxima) , too much money for minimal gains. once im out of school ill probly pick up something with a gas guzzler tax and RWD, FTW

Last edited by Hoooper; 07-16-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:39 AM
gothchick

Edit: as for headers, im not sure ill ever get them. im probly just about through modding this car (245whp/240tq isnt bad for a maxima)...
Lol~ You're joking right, honda boy?!? After all that wannabe punk bragging, you're only making 245/ 240?? Hahahaaa! You got a lot of catching up to do before you're even close to being "equal" to a Z or G. Not to mention the Z/Gs superior handling and braking capabilities compared to hondas, altimas, sentras, maximas~ ROFL!

A maxima is little more than a sentra/altima with a few more interior gimicks.

Mine - NA - 285/ 252. Plus I'm regeared with a 4.08 diff.
Attached Thumbnails 375 whp NA?-101607-2006-350z-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by gothchick; 07-16-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by gothchick
Lol~ You're joking right, honda boy?!? After all that wannabe punk bragging, you're only making 245/ 240?? Hahahaaa! Looks like you got a lot of catching up to do before you are even close to being "equal" to a Z or G. Not to mention the Z/Gs superior handling and braking aspects~ ROFL!
i just love ignorance. you do realize that i only have like 400 in mods right? It wouldnt take me much to make your amazingly special power from where i am. i dont have headers, catback, cams, ecu tune besides VAFC...(i maintain that a big reason maxima stock HP is lower than z stock HP is the headers...i still have the stockers) in fact, with the same mods you have, id be there too, probly more based on the fact that i actually research and know what im doing. you oughta check out the links that were posted. lemme guess, you have cams, utec or equivalent, spacer, test pipes/HFC's, catback...what else? if youre an 06 shouldnt that thing be a revup? whats with the early cut on the dyno?

but in the end, with such "honda-boy" hp numbers, i still make it into your top 25 list, and with the slowest 60' in there. where are you?

PS: not sure what "wannabe punk bragging" youre talking about, youre the one that brought this up

Last edited by Hoooper; 07-16-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 AM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do I even post in these little boy pissing contest threads?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 AM
gothchick

Like I think I said before; Look honda boy, go brag about it on some maxima/ honda forum. Maybe they would actually care. In case you didn't realize, this forum is for Zs and Gs, not FWD maximas. If you want a Z or G so bad, then step up, be a man, and just go buy one and quit being such a wannabe punk. Lol.

if youre an 06 shouldnt that thing be a revup? whats with the early cut on the dyno?
Are you serious? If you knew half of what you "claim" to know about the DE, you'd know that isn't an 'early cut' at all... They ALL start dropping power @ 6200-6400. No sense in bumping redline when it isn't making any more power.

Last edited by gothchick; 07-16-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by betamotorsports
Why do I even post in these little boy pissing contest threads?
post count?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by gothchick
Like I think I said before; Look honda boy, go brag about it on some maxima/ honda forum. Maybe they would actually care. In case you didn't realize, this forum is for Zs and Gs, not FWD maximas. If you want a Z or G so bad, then step up, be a man, and just go buy one and quit being such a wannabe punk. Lol.
who said anything about wanting a z or g? not everyone wants one, sorry chief. all i wannabe is a maxima/honda boy thats faster than people who compare their own engine to hondas. were all honda ridaz here.

PS: NMEX, im gonna have something very usefull to post on maxima.org here in like a week or so, hopefully you can relay the information for me. ill let you know. sorry though, i dont think it will help you, its a 5/6spd assist thing.

Last edited by Hoooper; 07-16-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

who said anything about wanting a z or g? not everyone wants one, sorry chief.

what's the point to being here then?? be cool.

Quick Reply: 375 whp NA?