Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

327whp New Intake Plenum + LS2 90mm TB - Dynos, Video, Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:10 AM
rh_334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
and that would prove what exactly?

why would they take it to a dynojet, when they own a dynapack?

they aren't selling anything here, and you're not buying it anyway - all they are doing is trying new things, and posting the results
because 327RWHP means absolutely nothing to me unless ive seen other cars dyno on a dynapack to have something to compare to, and no im not buying anything and im not interested in buying it, i just think it would be nice to know how much power they are really making in comparision to everyone else
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No dyno # on it's own means anything. None of them are "more right" than another. And If you take the time to read their posts in their entirety, since they started posting here, you would answer many of your own scepticisms. What they have shown are the changes every step of the way, and that is the important thing. I don't know Sasha well at all, but I know enough to know he has no need to blow smoke up anyone's ***. It's all just testing for testing's sake. Maybe these mods will trickle down into something people can use - maybe they will be prohibitively expensive. Who cares? Isn't it enough to just sit back and watch what develops?

They are making much more power than you are, that I can assure you (not a knock on you btw, just the realities of the situation). Much more than any bolt on Z either I'm sure.

Perhaps you guys would be happier if Sasha closed his business for a month and just did a dyno tour around the country?

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-04-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
rh_334

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
No dyno # on it's own means anything. None of them are "more right" than another. And If you take the time to read their posts in their entirety, since they started posting here, you would answer many of your own scepticisms. What they have shown are the changes every step of the way, and that is the important thing. I don't know Sasha well at all, but I know enough to know he has no need to blow smoke up anyone's ***. It's all just testing for testing's sake. Maybe these mods will trickle down into something people can use - maybe they will be prohibitively expensive. Who cares? Isn't it enough to just sit back and watch what develops?

They are making much more power than you are, that I can assure you (not a knock on you btw, just the realities of the situation). Much more than any bolt on Z either I'm sure.

Perhaps you guys would be happier if Sasha closed his business for a month and just did a dyno tour around the country?
OUCH!

yea im pretty sure they are making more than me (for now) or any other bolton G/Z it would be pitiful if they werent but i was just saying it would be interesting to know HOW MUCH more.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and once again, if you read what they have posted in this and other threads, you will find your answer
Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For reference, here's that car in some track vid's and it looks like the real deal to me (300+ whp).

http://www.vimeo.com/4311175
Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
happy4444

Originally Posted by Zazz93
For reference, here's that car in some track vid's and it looks like the real deal to me (300+ whp).

thats one loyal woman in the pass seat
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 AM
PlatinumSR20

Originally Posted by rh_334
OUCH!

yea im pretty sure they are making more than me (for now) or any other bolton G/Z it would be pitiful if they werent but i was just saying it would be interesting to know HOW MUCH more.
Dude, just take his baseline dyno and subtract it from his final 327hp dyno, and you'll see HOW MUCH he gained. It's simple elementary math. Why are you making it so hard?

That difference in hp gain isn't going to change no matter what dyno he puts it on. If he started on a stingy mustang dyno, that intially read low numbers, his final numbers would be lower also, but the difference from base hp to final hp will still be marginally the same.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 AM
zehcnaskcin08

hello, i know im off topic but im new and i dont know how to post yet hahah. but i was wondering if the 2004 nissan 350z are good cars im lookin to purchase a 04 350z roadster but it has 80k miles on it tell me what you guys think
Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 AM
SGSash
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zazz93

Actually, in that video we were testing different heads and the car only had 280whp! Haha. The 30hp did make a big difference believe it or not.

Thanks Adam for sticking up for me, I appreciate the kind (and logical!) comments.

As for the girl being brave, thats my gf and she's the best. I told her to flash the HIDs at any slow cars ahead of us However that video isn't the best, it's at a slow 2nd/3rd gear track. Watch the August 8th Mosport one - it's way more exciting.

As for the dynapack/dynojet crap. I don't want to get into it but every car we've had on our dynapack has read lower than at a dynojet. I do want to take my race car to a dynojet if not only to be able to hear the decel sound of the engine against the 2000lb drum when you let off the throttle at 7500+ rpm. Soooo hot.

Next tests up are to see what happens when we use the stock ~70mm throttle body as a restrictor but diffusing it to 90mm on both sides and with the larger plenum, perhaps the 90mm throttle body won't even make much of a difference to prove required. Which would make the tuning issue a hell of a lot easier!

Some of our tests are almost best not shown to the public, because we are essentially giving away free research and development that other companies could jump on and take a stab at producing a part before we were able to. The main reason why I'm doing it is because I know I always love reading about development and back to back testing like this, and it helps us build credibility in the community. No BS here!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SGSash
Actually, in that video we were testing different heads and the car only had 280whp! Haha.
280!!! What's the weight of that car?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
SGSash
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a passenger and a driver and some fuel its roughly 3250lbs~ Heavy!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what camera are you using in the track vid?

I want to buy the HOYT cam system but not sure if it is worth it. I want a good HD quality.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 02-05-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
hunter6

Originally Posted by SGSash
Actually, in that video we were testing different heads and the car only had 280whp! Haha. The 30hp did make a big difference believe it or not.

Thanks Adam for sticking up for me, I appreciate the kind (and logical!) comments.

As for the girl being brave, thats my gf and she's the best. I told her to flash the HIDs at any slow cars ahead of us However that video isn't the best, it's at a slow 2nd/3rd gear track. Watch the August 8th Mosport one - it's way more exciting.

As for the dynapack/dynojet crap. I don't want to get into it but every car we've had on our dynapack has read lower than at a dynojet. I do want to take my race car to a dynojet if not only to be able to hear the decel sound of the engine against the 2000lb drum when you let off the throttle at 7500+ rpm. Soooo hot.

Next tests up are to see what happens when we use the stock ~70mm throttle body as a restrictor but diffusing it to 90mm on both sides and with the larger plenum, perhaps the 90mm throttle body won't even make much of a difference to prove required. Which would make the tuning issue a hell of a lot easier!

Some of our tests are almost best not shown to the public, because we are essentially giving away free research and development that other companies could jump on and take a stab at producing a part before we were able to. The main reason why I'm doing it is because I know I always love reading about development and back to back testing like this, and it helps us build credibility in the community. No BS here!
And we appreciate the info...keep up the good work. The 70mm tb with larger plenum will be interesting for sure. Just curious...but I assume that plenum is significantly lighter than stock?

Thanks again,
Justin
Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
seZy350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zehcnaskcin08
hello, i know im off topic but im new and i dont know how to post yet hahah. but i was wondering if the 2004 nissan 350z are good cars im lookin to purchase a 04 350z roadster but it has 80k miles on it tell me what you guys think
terrible terrible cars dont get one....
Old 02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hunter6
And we appreciate the info...keep up the good work. The 70mm tb with larger plenum will be interesting for sure. Just curious...but I assume that plenum is significantly lighter than stock?

Thanks again,
Justin
the stock one doesnt weigh that much to begin with.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM
PlatinumSR20

Originally Posted by hunter6
And we appreciate the info...keep up the good work.
Thanks again,
Justin

Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
hunter6

Originally Posted by Nexx
the stock one doesnt weigh that much to begin with.
Indeed...just wanted to know if there is a delta, and if so, how much.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 AM
S12 driver

Why not use a cable throttle from older GM cars? The installation may be more complicated, but then you won't need to deal with the ECU not being able to control it.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
thehoodz

Looking good! What song is that?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rjd2-1976

Quick Reply: 327whp New Intake Plenum + LS2 90mm TB - Dynos, Video, Pics