Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Wisconsin hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Hedotwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin hello

Just joined up tonight and it looks like the perfect place for me to learn more about everything Z. Ordered out an 06' Interlagos Fire Touring Coupe about a month ago and looking at a mid-to-late March delivery. It'll give me time to research a few early mods that I'd like to do soon after taking delivery. This site certainly appears like it'll be all I'll need.

I'm probably on the older side of the average Z owners here (8 grandkids too) but I've been car obsessive since high school so I'll probably fit in without you noticing my age

Hope to join in thread conversations when the opportunity arises.

Rich
Old 01-13-2006, 06:18 PM
bullet350

welcome
Old 01-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:11 PM
cessna

Welcome, and congrats on the new purchace! (I bet you cant wait)
Old 01-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Dick Ticcioni

Welcome! Where in Wisconsin? I'm in Pewaukee.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:12 PM
TinterX

Default How is wisconsin?

I am moving to Madison around august from north dakota, is the import scene big in this state? madison? the more i know the better, but welcome, i'm a new guy also......
Old 01-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by Dick Ticcioni
Welcome! Where in Wisconsin? I'm in Pewaukee.
Just north of Madison about 25 miles. I work in Madison, my wife in Sun Prairie. One of my son in laws came REAL close to taking a cop job with the Pewaukee PD about a year ago. He's with Menomonie Falls PD now. He hasn't written you a speeding ticket has he?

All three of our daughters live in the Milwaukee area and we're down there weekly it seems, so maybe we'll bump into you after we take delivery of the z. Well, not literally bump into you.....

My wife and I follow SCCA and AMLS series racing and generally try to visit a new track or two yearly. Of course we go to Road America at least two or three times each season too. This summer we're planning a trip to Laguna Seca to see the Historic Car races (it'll mean missing the ALMS event at RA though ) and maybe Mid-Ohio in May. Been to Mid-Ohio a number of times but never to any track west of the Mississipi, so Laguna Seca will be the biggie this year.

Rich
Old 01-14-2006, 04:21 AM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by TinterX
I am moving to Madison around august from north dakota, is the import scene big in this state? madison? the more i know the better, but welcome, i'm a new guy also......
I wish I could tell you what the "import scene" is in the Madison area, but I'm probably not the best one to answer. Naturally, I see lots of nice, customized imports whenever we travel around southern wisconsin, but not sure that constitutes a "scene" We have our own import scene at our house though... a black 06 Civic LX coupe, an 04 artic frost Toyota Solara V6 and our Z when it arrives. You'll like the Madison area. Winter weather has improved a ton since I was a kid (making it almost bearable to live here year round ) and summers are nice if you don't mind humidity.

Welcome to you too .

Rich
Old 01-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by cessna
Welcome, and congrats on the new purchace! (I bet you cant wait)
I bet you're right

Thanks.

Rich
Old 01-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Dick Ticcioni

Originally Posted by Hedotwo
Just north of Madison about 25 miles. I work in Madison, my wife in Sun Prairie. One of my son in laws came REAL close to taking a cop job with the Pewaukee PD about a year ago. He's with Menomonie Falls PD now. He hasn't written you a speeding ticket has he?

All three of our daughters live in the Milwaukee area and we're down there weekly it seems, so maybe we'll bump into you after we take delivery of the z. Well, not literally bump into you.....

My wife and I follow SCCA and AMLS series racing and generally try to visit a new track or two yearly. Of course we go to Road America at least two or three times each season too. This summer we're planning a trip to Laguna Seca to see the Historic Car races (it'll mean missing the ALMS event at RA though ) and maybe Mid-Ohio in May. Been to Mid-Ohio a number of times but never to any track west of the Mississipi, so Laguna Seca will be the biggie this year.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Congratulations on your purchase. Wow! sounds like your a big track fan. Well get ready for this. Once you get your Z you will be totally consumed. It's going to be the first thought you have when you awake. I'm sure your going to be driving on the track now. I never cared much about track driving but now I want to.

No tickets yet in the Z. I was pulled over once in Pewaukee for doing 77 in a 65 on a tight curve where the speed limit was reduced to 55. It was dark, early morning and this guy was on my tail for a mile. I thought he wanted to play. I kept my speed at 77 through the curve then I cut the apex tighter to see if he could hang with me. Then the lights came on. Oh ****! All I got was a verbal warning. He said I know your car can handle it but you've got to keep it down. Whew!

My son is a couple of months away from entering the Milwaukee Police Academy. He is presently interning with Greenfield.

I had put Blue LED Parking lights in the light pods. It looked so cool. He saw it and said "Dad your going down with them, We do U turns to stop guys with them. It will cost you $80". So I switched the out for white ones. I don't need any more attention, I'm already not running a front plate.

Buy the way Don't let the dealer put the Front Plate Holder on. They have to drill two holes right in the nose. The dealers usually don't install unless you want it. Be sure you get to decide.

Enjoy!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Hedotwo

My salesman was nice enough to ask me about the front plate holder when we signed papers. It's on the contract "no plate holder" and no dealer stickers or decals. I've been spending some spare time here at work reading up on various posts on the pros and cons of various mods I'm considering right away. I've always been fairly coordinated with tools and love the challenge of doing my own mod work. Not surprisingly, I'm looking at intake/exhaust changes. Presently, I'm 99% convinced on the MREV mod but am still torn between the K-N Typhoon, Nismo CAI or the Popcharger for intake. Exhaust likely will be the NISMO cat-back. Possibly the Borla TD. This will suffice for the upcoming summer I'm sure. Down the road maybe headers.

I'm also fascinated with the possibility of running this car in some type of organized racing. Something like SCCA Solo stuff. I've yet to look into it though and not sure where (or if) the Z would fit into such "amateur" racing classes.

Maybe cya around.

Rich
Old 01-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Dick Ticcioni

I have the TWP Popcharger. I'm very happy with it. It puts out a great sound @ 4,000 rpm. It's the cheapest of the three and easyiest to install.
All three probably perform the same.

As far as organized racing I don't know where either. I would like to know and what it would cost for a day.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:07 AM
bswanny

Welcome. Hey, I'm a Wisconsinite also. Trust me you'll love the Z
Old 01-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by Dick Ticcioni
I have the TWP Popcharger. I'm very happy with it. It puts out a great sound @ 4,000 rpm. It's the cheapest of the three and easyiest to install.
All three probably perform the same.

As far as organized racing I don't know where either. I would like to know and what it would cost for a day.
I'm going to have to take in an SCCA solo event and see how it looks as well as look into MSCC events. Something I've always wanted to do and maybe this'll be my opportunity. Looks like a couple of options for getting my feet wet.

Rich
Old 01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by bswanny
Welcome. Hey, I'm a Wisconsinite also. Trust me you'll love the Z
I'm sure I will

Time will creep by till late March.....

Thanks for the welcome.

Rich
Old 01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Silverstone_350

wow, where'd all these wisco drivers come from all of a sudden?? suuuuure, once i get rid of my Z, all these new wisco Z drivers show up... haha

anyways, you guys should check out the wisco thread i started over 2 years ago... good way to meet up with locals
https://my350z.com/forum/north-central/49137-wisco-z-drivers.html

whenever we'd meet up in milwaukee, we had a group of at least 3 z's cruising around. you guys are more than welcome to join!!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by Silverstone_350
wow, where'd all these wisco drivers come from all of a sudden?? suuuuure, once i get rid of my Z, all these new wisco Z drivers show up... haha

anyways, you guys should check out the wisco thread i started over 2 years ago... good way to meet up with locals
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49137

whenever we'd meet up in milwaukee, we had a group of at least 3 z's cruising around. you guys are more than welcome to join!!
Thanks
Old 01-23-2006, 01:26 AM
ZXDUDE

hey Im from wisconsin too.. I'll be buying a 350z sometime this week.. I also have a self converted 1990 300zx TWIN TURBO 2+2 with about 450 hp... did I mention I'll be 19 in less than 2 hours?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Hedotwo

Originally Posted by ZXDUDE
hey Im from wisconsin too.. I'll be buying a 350z sometime this week.. I also have a self converted 1990 300zx TWIN TURBO 2+2 with about 450 hp... did I mention I'll be 19 in less than 2 hours?
To relics like me, your user name gave away your age Looks like we represent both ends of the age spectrum here. Although I'm thinking there may be someone around here older than me

If I can remember that far back, I don't think I could've afforded a Z when I was 19, much as I would've like to... congrats to you.

Rich
Old 01-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Dick Ticcioni

Originally Posted by ZXDUDE
Welcome ZXDUDE. You've got to be feeling really anxcious. I hope you get to drive your Z home the same day or at least in a couple of days later.

We are starting to get some good representation for Wisconsin. Perhaps some good organizers will put some meets together this summer. There has been some talk of that on the other forrums.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin hello