Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Why would you choose a 350Z vs. a G35 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 AM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost bought a G35 but what sold me to the Z was the styling, it stands out a lot more than a G35.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
evolved326

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nissanjosh
Z more sports car.....although i prefer the Gs rear end over the z, I cant stand the Gs front end....

+500%

Split grill looks like a ninja turtle's mouth.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:53 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey Chochi....why dont'cha post the same question another forum but not the G forum cause they'll be bias like us.
I chose the Z cause, I like big butts and i can not lie, it's cheaper, it's history and more mod option.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Morningglorie

For me, same as mg350ZR, I wanted a roadster. I already have a "regular" car (Maxima). If I bought an Infiniti it would be a 4-door sedan, not a coupe, to replace the Max.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Azn_Empurio

because its a LADY
Old 07-29-2006, 02:29 PM
hypeiv

Z is cheaper... didn't want to pay more for a back seat I would rarely use and stuff like leather... also around here I see about 5 g35c's for every Z I see, so I didn't want a car that everyone and their mom (literally) drives.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:32 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by Starchecker
I would ask the opposite question. I can't figure out why anyone would pick the G over the Z unless they needed the extra seats. I think the styling on the Z is much sexier and sportier than the G. The G is a "sporty" car, but the Z is a true Sports Car.

But to each his own, but I certainly wouldn't take any attitude from a G driver.
I think people who buy the G wanted a luxury coupe and for the price the G is much faster than BMW's and MB's offerings.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:37 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Because I do not like the letter “G.” Call me superstitious if you want.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:10 AM
kj98r05

Because who would want a slower, worse looking, more expensive car? Bottom line is the Z made the G and will always be better and way more sexy!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:54 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

aight my question is to the person who started this thread CHOCHI....what's it gonna be the Z or the G?????
Old 07-31-2006, 12:12 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z has slightly more power, looks much better, weighs less, has a hatch for good sound staging with subs, more aftermarket parts, did I mention looks better? Cheaper
Old 07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Spoiled Z

I thought about getting the G but I didnt want a 4 seater. I traded my RX8 for the Z. The Z looks more sportier and plus its a 2 seater.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:41 AM
summerofsam44

More room (back seat)...I would like a G35 for that reason and that reason only.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

l like them both but i needed a trunk,and i like the ride better.styling wise they are both sweet as hell,interiors about the same.i think ill keep the g.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
jamnew

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
For me, same as mg350ZR, I wanted a roadster. I already have a "regular" car (Maxima). If I bought an Infiniti it would be a 4-door sedan, not a coupe, to replace the Max.
+1 I bought the Z because i wanted the roadster. I test drove the G and really liked it, better interior then the Z and very quiet. By the specs the z is supposed to be a little faster, but that probably depends on the driver. I also test drove that dog, the Crossfire. What a waste of time.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
MikeNT256

I don't have either car right now, and the first car I test drove was a G35 coupe.

I loved the overall feel of the car and it was the first time i'd driven a g/z. Liked the idea of having the back seat JUST IN CASE, plus it would be on my daily driver. Then I drove the Z a couple times and in Vegas. I love the Z, but sometimes I think the trunk space, lack of back seat, and poor visibility from the left side blind spot makes it a difficult choice.

Pure looks/emotion: Z
Daily Driver: G

I'm hoping I can compromise and live with the Z, even in winters.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:33 PM
breed

1.its a little more sporty.
2.not many people where i live have it.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Morningglorie

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
I don't have either car right now, and the first car I test drove was a G35 coupe.

I loved the overall feel of the car and it was the first time i'd driven a g/z. Liked the idea of having the back seat JUST IN CASE, plus it would be on my daily driver. Then I drove the Z a couple times and in Vegas. I love the Z, but sometimes I think the trunk space, lack of back seat, and poor visibility from the left side blind spot makes it a difficult choice.

Pure looks/emotion: Z
Daily Driver: G

I'm hoping I can compromise and live with the Z, even in winters.
Hmmmm...... in Michigan, as a daily driver? Honestly, Z is probably not the best choice, unless you get winter tires and rims.

I grew up in Michigan and am well acquainted with lake-effect snow and blizzards dumping two feet of the stuff at a time and so on. No way I'd own a Z as a daily driver in those conditions.

'course you could solve the problem by moving to someplace where there's more sun!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
Hmmmm...... in Michigan, as a daily driver? Honestly, Z is probably not the best choice, unless you get winter tires and rims.

I grew up in Michigan and am well acquainted with lake-effect snow and blizzards dumping two feet of the stuff at a time and so on. No way I'd own a Z as a daily driver in those conditions.

'course you could solve the problem by moving to someplace where there's more sun!
Yeah I used to tough it out driving my grand am with winter tires and that was the only way I could handle it.

I think it'll be okay, it doesn't honestly snow that often, and if it does, its only brief and one day at a time really. I don't know, i'm trying to keep my hopes up cause i love the car so much!! Not like the G would be any better any how
Old 07-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Morningglorie

it doesn't honestly snow that often, and if it does, its only brief and one day at a time really.

This the same Michigan I know and love, the one shaped like a mitten???

Yeah, it only snows one day at a time - all day long for 24" worth...

Or that one day that lasts from January 'til March...

You know you may be from Michigan when you might have 80-degree days in October - and snow in May...

I've got a t-shirt that says "Welcome to four seasons in the Keewanau. Early Winter, Mid-Winter, Late Winter, Next Winter."

(Just joshin' with you a bit...)

Anyway, back to cars - if there's any way you can swing it, could you afford to buy the Z and a used RAV or Subaru or something? Or you could plan on renting a car from Enterprise or someplace that delivers on the days when it really, truly is too snowy or icy to take the Z out.

My Z came with high-performance, don't even think of driving in winter, tires. Not a problem as I now spend my time in Virginia and points south, and we really don't get much snow here. Plus of course the Max is going to be our primary winter driver, as needed.

I don't want to discourage you because Michigan is perfect convertible driving weather April through October. Nothing better than that crisp fall air, heated seats, open top, smell of the leaves and the fall apples. Gorgeous state, especially along the beaches.

If I were you, I'd still go for it, just have a back-up plan for November through March, is all.

Quick Reply: Why would you choose a 350Z vs. a G35 Coupe?