Old 06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
wildmangk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably a katrina car
Old 06-27-2007, 03:38 PM
JCZ33

Originally Posted by tsdiller
Hey I am new. Name is Sean and wondered if anyone has been as lucky as me. I went in to a used car dealership to look at a 2003 350z and it had 112k miles but it ruan like a champ absolutely the best I have ever drove and I have had a new vet and this was just great, I 6ft 4 inches tall and fit better in the z than any other sports car it was great!! so i was going to buy it and the sales guy tells me since it has over a hundred k miles nissan wants to take the engine ,transmission, driveline , rotors, wheels ,suspension, and any other moving part computer ect that would have wear and tear due to the driving of the car and replace it with all new parts, they are not allowed to just purchase the car for some wierd reason but all in all I purchased the car and as we speak all the parts i mentioned above are being replaced with all new ones!! How lucky is that? The one thing they wont do is reset the odomoter. They are looking for high mile newer cars to run reasearch tests on for some reason. All in all I feel extremely lucky. Antone else ever heard of this happening and I will get the name and # of the nissan rep to maybe give someone else the same chance i got. I have alot of questions so i will start searching and asking. So hi everyone!
Congradulations man; I support this endeavor!!! good deal.

Have them upgrade everything with 06' spec equip.!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tsdiller
so i was going to buy it and the sales guy tells me since it has over a hundred k miles nissan wants to take the engine ,transmission, driveline , rotors, wheels ,suspension, and any other moving part computer ect that would have wear and tear due to the driving of the car and replace it with all new parts
Anything is possible. And someone is going to pay for the work. There are no free rides.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Black350Z

I just wanted to say, since I used to be a car salesman that I have never seen anything like that before. Now I'm just kinda curious to a couple of things. 1) Was this a used car lot not associated with a manufacture- like Nissan 2) Since it is a used car, did you have them pull a carfax on the vehicle. 3) Did they tell you that the 100,000 mile warrantee came with the car? And did you say for 2 years?

The reason why I'm askin is cause like I said, I used to sell cars and I know how dealerships work. 1) If its a manufacturer's dealership - i.e. Nissan, Honda, Ford, etc., 9 out 10 times they are not gonna keep a car with that many miles or dump the money into the car. This is when its usually held over for a wholesaler to pick up the car. Then the car would go to auction. If this was a individually owned used car lot - i.e. Bob's Used Cars, then guess where he probably got this car from...probably the auction that the wholesaler brought it to. 2) When ever buying a used vehicle you want to do a carfax on the vehicle. This will tell you if the car has been in an accident, Katrina vehicle.. and so on and so on. This is more peace of mind when making an investment. It helps when buying from a manufacturer dealership if the vehicle is certified pre-owned. This then has a warrantee through the manufacturer. Of course it has a certain duration as would a new car would. Although it is a good idea to still have a car looked at even if it certified. To certifiy a vehicle, all wear items have to be within a certain limit according to the manf. 3) Since I'm on the topic of warrantees, they will not throw in a 100,000 mile warrantee for free. I don't care what the dealership says. There are hidden costs. Plus a 100,000 miles for only 2 years...does not sound right. If you bought this warrantee it would usually be for 60- 72 months (5-6 years).

I don't know dude, something sounds really fishy here and if you haven't bought the car yet and haven't signed or given any money down, walk away from the deal now. If you have signed for the car and/or at least given a deposit, go back and ask for your money back or for more info in detail. Like the carfax report. That is key. If the dealership won't give you one, walk away. They have to give you this. But if you have the car in your procession, then you might also want to take your car to a reputable Nissan Dealership. Have them look at everything that was replaced and make sure it wasn't replaced with used and in worse condition equipment.

Best of luck.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:18 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FairladyZ06
I'd do more research, talk to prior customers of that dealership, and make them give you a written contract of the services offered so there are no screw-ups. Good luck with the Z.
Definitely a + 1!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by wildmangk
Probably a katrina car
Originally Posted by Black350Z
If the dealership won't give you one, walk away. They have to give you this. But if you have the car is in your procession, then you might also want to take your car to a reputable Nissan Dealership. Have them look at everything that was replaced and make sure it wasn't replaced with used and in worse condition equipment.
Out of curiousity Black350Z, in terms if you buy a car in this type of scenario that the OP has eluded to, and he has major problems extremely quickly and hasn't received a written guarantee, would he have much recourse under your laws in US or state laws???
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Black350Z

Originally Posted by BRONZEE

Out of curiousity Black350Z, in terms if you buy a car in this type of scenario that the OP has eluded to, and he has major problems extremely quickly and hasn't received a written guarantee, would he have much recourse under your laws in US or state laws???

Well if he bought the car or is buying the car, when you look at the car there is a window sticker and it should be marked either "AS IS- NO WARRANTY" or "WARRANTY". Either one of these two boxes should be checked. If the warranty box is checked then I would look at the bottom and see what they have listed under warranty. A lot of time dealerships will only list a powertrain warranty either at 50% parts and labor or 100% parts and labor coverage. This is usually only on the powertrain and for a short duration of time. For example 90 days or 3,000 miles. Now during that duration, if ANYTHING should happen to the powertrain, ie. engine, trans, axles, and all lubricated parts not consisting of rubber seals and gaskets then the dealership is responsible and not the consumer. But if the cause of the problem is something else like rubber seals or gaskets, then it is the responsibiity of the consumer to pay for the work. This is standard under most state laws and each state has different laws protecting the consumer. Now if an additional warranty is purchased that has a longer duration of time period, ie. 60 months or 60,000 miles then the dealership will be responsible for this. If an a warranty is purchased its usually though an outside company and not through the dealership itself but the dealership sells it. The dealership will still be responsible for the work if you continue to take it to their service department or there is usually a list or website that lists the dealerships state by state who will honor that warranty company. Sometimes depending on warranty plan there may be a deductable. Sometimes its a $50 or $100 deductable. This isn't too bad if you have to replace a motor and they charge you $1,000 for it. $50 or even $100 isn't bad for a new motor. I'm not saying that what all dealderships would charge, so I'm just makin' up some figures. But if a car is covered under warranty and there is a problem the dealership should be responsible for parts and labor depending on situation. Now there is something called Lemon Law. Each state has their requirement on how this works. Usually its more aimed towards new cars and is for within the first 12 months or 12,000 miles and is for a problem that seems to be consistant and has been back to the dealership for 3 or more consecutive times for the same reason. Like I said each state is different and the durations for time periods could be different. If they have a problem that falls under lemon law then the dealership should buy back the vehicle. This can sometimes be a process, drawn out and annoying to boot. But if everything goes through the dealership should buy back the car and you are out of the deal. Or the dealership can replace your vehicle with another one. Most people tend to trade the vehicles in to avoid this and then...this becomes someone elses problem. Hopefully this helped.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now that is all very interesting Black350Z. Your laws are a bit different over your side of the pond. Read much about the Lemon Laws. Hopefully your post will help the OP and others that are considering buying. Always good to conversant of the applicable laws when dropping a large amount of cash on a big ticket item.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
350z babe

it does smell fishy. but hey, congrads!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Black350Z

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
Now that is all very interesting Black350Z. Your laws are a bit different over your side of the pond. Read much about the Lemon Laws. Hopefully your post will help the OP and others that are considering buying. Always good to conversant of the applicable laws when dropping a large amount of cash on a big ticket item.
Well I'm sure there are things that I probably have left out, and to also add that if you start to have problems with the vehicle extremely quickly and haven't received any written guarantee or a warranty then basically....you're screwed and will be payin out the a$$. If you get a warranty then you will receive that from the dealership before taking delivery of the vehicle. This takes place in the F & I office when you finallize and receive all your paperwork.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:01 PM
tsdiller

well everything turned out as promised and even better because they ar also going to take care of all the mantience for 2 yrs , So I am the luckiest guy i know for now , they even sent the fluids back to japan to be tested , they are going to put a twin turbo in the 09 or 2010 and this has something to do with it. But all is good
Old 07-01-2007, 09:05 PM
redsoxfan184524
Nts Nts Nts Nts

Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Black350Z

Originally Posted by redsoxfan184524
Yea I totally agree with that. I think this could be a bunch of B.S.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if this is true, then congrats.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

14k for an 03 with all new drivetrain... :bs:
Old 07-03-2007, 12:48 AM
nzpv03

how many sales guys did you suck off? I'm guessing the whole dealership...twice...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 AM
michaeljr6

hmmmmmmmmm do more research