Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 05:22 PM
tedroach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here

Hi, my name is Ted. I live in Atlanta and I bought a Touring 350Z 2 months ago. Just wanted to say hi and hope to gain knowledge from this message board.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:51 PM
mgl

hi ted.
enjoying your z??? i definitely am!!!
any plans or mods for you car or are you leaving it stock??
Old 07-03-2003, 07:27 PM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am a newbie. I bought a SS Touring in late April. I have found this board to be the best I have found on the net. THe senior members appear to bee quite knowledgeable and seem to exhibit patience with us new owners.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:43 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi new guys! Can I give a word of advise:

Mod in this order:

1. Paint protection: 350z's chip paint fast. I suggest looking into a clear bra. Do a search. I like it, looks perfect. I suggest this right away if you want to do it because I had a chip in the first 800 miles so no advantage of waiting on thisd one. Be sure to get a certified 3m clear bra installer, not a window tinter or you will regret it.

2 tires and wheels. They are out and by looking on this thread, you have a wide selection. Decide if you are changing for looks, performance, or both. Then depending on wt range, it should be a win win upgrade.

3 suspension: If bounce bothers you or you want even better performance (and possibly lowewring your Z) look into Eibach (under $300), NISMO S suspension and sway bars, Tein or JIC coil overs.

4 Stereo upgrade next. Both stereos suck in the Z so if you want to upgrade this, everything is out for it so again you will not have buyers remorse.

5. HP upgrades: I put this last because new items are coming out every week. First of all, do research and decide if you want to keep motor NA or FI. Different opinions on this one. I am going FI and most likely ATI Procharger.

Good luck. Many guys might have a different approach. I put it in the order that you will have the best chance of getting products that you will not regret. In otherwords, if you put on lets say tires and wheeels in 1st year and wait on hp upgrades, you get to see others test and use new upgrades like Twin Turbos and learn from them.

Jeff
Old 07-04-2003, 06:02 AM
tedroach

Thanks for all of the replies. I am enjoying my Z. Love the performance. I do plan to do some upgrades, but it will be a little bit before I have extra money for it. I am going to put an AEM cold air intake, eibach lowering springs, some different rims and tires (Haven't decided which ones yet, but they will be black), and I do plan to go turbo, but that will be last.

I am glad to see that there are a lot of friendly people on here. Did anyone have any problems with their transmission? I am now having a problem with third gear and I have to take it back to the dealer.

Please feel free to keep replying, anyone have any suggestions on mods?
Old 07-04-2003, 06:36 PM
WayneTN

Congrats. The Z never gets boring. You made a great choice.

Drive safe.
WayneTN