New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Right car for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Somewhere on teh interwebs, Taurran is dying to make a post right about now.

Im just dying.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bhendjol
Im just dying.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Somewhere on teh interwebs, Taurran is dying to make a post right about now.

yeah, cuz i was totally attention whoring right there huh? begging for attention.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
yeah, cuz i was totally attention whoring right there huh? begging for attention.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:20 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure the OP is hiding under the covers crying his nOOb eyes out now, are you all proud of yourselves?? I know I am
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't quite understand this logic. my parents put the down on my car too, as a graduation gift. does that mean i should have picked a civic instead?
Because if he puts his hard earned cash into the car, chances are he wont risk F-ing the car up by doing something stupid.

My first car was a 280ZX turbo, I bought it with my own money when I was 15 so I could have it ready by the time I could get my DL, outside of brakes, rust work, and a few minor engine things, the first thing I did was add a few springs and washers to the BOV, added a conquest I/C and cut/threaded the wastegate rod, car was about as fast as a stock 350Z in a straight line.

The fact that I did everything myself and everything I bought for the car was paid by me, it kinda made me treat the car different.

If my parents bought me a newer car, I have no doubt that I would have F-ed around in it. Why should I care? it's not like I put money into it.
Spork

^^ +1 Paying for everything yourself makes you treat the car better. At least that's how I feel about it. I don't want my money to go to waste.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:23 PM
xDIEGOx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone should register and link the RX8 guys to this thread.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Because if he puts his hard earned cash into the car, chances are he wont risk F-ing the car up by doing something stupid.

My first car was a 280ZX turbo, I bought it with my own money when I was 15 so I could have it ready by the time I could get my DL, outside of brakes, rust work, and a few minor engine things, the first thing I did was add a few springs and washers to the BOV, added a conquest I/C and cut/threaded the wastegate rod, car was about as fast as a stock 350Z in a straight line.

The fact that I did everything myself and everything I bought for the car was paid by me, it kinda made me treat the car different.

If my parents bought me a newer car, I have no doubt that I would have F-ed around in it. Why should I care? it's not like I put money into it.
this is a bizarre mentality. plenty of people, myself included, fully appreciate everything our parents have done for us. my mom gave me her car when i was 17, a 93 honda accord. i didn't pay for it, sure, but does that mean i didn't give a crap about it? hell no.
they put the down payment on this car... that means they payed a certain percentage of the car for me. does that make me love my car any less, or care for it any less? again, hell no.

and who's to say he wouldn't wreck a civic?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
lyndonium

Talking Warning, Long...Boring Sunday post. If you want a serious answer, skip to the bottom

Just look forward to your senior year in High School and don't get the Z just yet.

If you like girls, just spend your money on the girls that look like they have a lot of potential for hotness in the not-so-distant future.

Skip the girls that are already hot, they've reached their peak and soon (very soon) they'll begin their steady decline into horrendous bag-dom. You can tell they're at their peak because they won't be talking to you. They'll be leading the cheer squad and sleeping with the future lead-bagger at your local grocery store with a badge that reads "15 years of service."

Make sure you keep in contact with the girls that are a little timid, but are showing excellent room for wildness opportunity in Boston (are you going to Harvard?). These are the girls that dress with clothes that are not as fitting as they could be but they have great bodies and tend to watch what they eat (but not obssesively). They usually dress conservatively, because they live at home. Its basically a pressure cooker for them. They're waiting to hook up with you, but mom and dad are holding them back.

Remember, the first time you come back into town from college (typically Thanksgiving) you'll run into one of those girls you were super nice to, and she'll be smokin' hot. By that time, you'll be 18/19 and cashing in on your investment.

Chicks don't dig guys that are independent, well-rounded, humorous, witty, smart, or sexy. In High School, they are under so many restrictions from mom and dad, all they want is to rebel. The best way for them to rebel is to date a guy that mom and dad would absolutely hate. Mom and Dad would love the guy that drives a brand new 350z. It shows his parents have the cash and can support their s1ut-like needy princess. We don't want this. Instead, she wants the guy that drives the bang bus. What a rebel!

Therefore, here is my prescription:

Don't get a 350z. Get a 1985 Chevy Astro or Ford Aerostar. Tint out the windows and hot box it all the time.

This will get the girls you want and you'll be saving a ton of money (which you'll be spending on booze in college). Plus, you're probably going to want another car in a year anyways. Trust me, when I got my first car, I thought it was such a big decision. Think of it this way. A car will depreciate in 5 years on average. You're probably going to want the GTR next week. In two years, the GTR will be probably more affordable if you find a used one for $75K.

You probably get great grades right now and are a star football player with community service activities beyond all comprehension. But after your first semester at a University (living away from home). You're going to just enjoy booze and skipping classes all day long. You'll become an activist and yell out through a megaphone "Down with Corporate America." In a blaze of glory you'll set your Nissan 350z on fire in front of the quad in demonstration against the abuse of global laborers used in supporting our nation's economy. You'll try sleeping with the chick with dreadlocks... You'll say you liked it because it felt like you were connected, but inside you know you rather not be sleeping with a smelly bear.

In summerization:

Hot girls are all you need to be thinking about right now. When you get older, you'll see that relationships are mostly a pain-in-the-a$$. So, you'll end up getting a 350z and spending a lot of time in the garage waxing and polishing. But not enough time sleeping with hot chicks.

You'll have plenty of time to do that when you're older. Plus, you can yell at younger kids that ask the same question you did in about 9-10 years.

I'm only 25. I work all week and just have a few beers on the weekend and clean the car or do some yard work.

I'm a loser.

Shoot me.

REAL ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:

Take the money and go to a race school. Those are super fun and you can actually say to people you learned "through professional training" how to drive your car. You and your dad should both go as a graduation gift instead of a down payment.

Build your credit and get the car financed 100% through Nissan Motor Finance Corp. Yer dad will be able to boast to his friends that his son purchased a car all by himself. And You'll be able to tell anyone that tries to flame you that you've been on a professional course and driving safely is your life.

You would have gotten your fill of hot girls and anytime someone pulls up with there Civic Si or whatever and tried to race you, all you have to do is remember you driving to meet up with one of those timid girls you were so nice to back in high school and she's going to take car of you tonight and its better to arrive there safely in her sweet, sweet bedroom than wrapped around a tree on the evening news to prove your manhood.

Good luck Buddy.

Good luck in college too. That's whats really more important.

Give me a call in 4 years (or 5) when you graduate. I'll buy you your first after-college beer. Then you and I both can post this same story to someone else that makes a thread "Thinking of buying 480Z, Responsible Driver, just got my permit"

All jokes aside, whatever you get please drive safely.

Lyndonium

Fyi.. just cuz people are older doesn't mean they're smarter. A few weeks ago a 31 year old dood was racing a civic and crashed. He's quite a bit older than you, and was irresponsible.

Here's the link:
http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd...&cat=undefined

To re-iterate...

Happy Sunday everyone... Hold your breath until Friday!

Last edited by lyndonium; 04-27-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by lyndonium
Build your credit and get the car financed 100% through Nissan Motor Finance Corp.
interesting read, but i disagree here. shop around. federal credit unions and banks you've been with for a few years will offer you better rates.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Spork

Just look forward to your senior year in High School and don't get the Z just yet.

If you like girls, just spend your money on the girls that look like the have a lot of potential for hotness in the not-so-distant future.

Skip the girls that are already hot, they've reached their peak and soon (very soon) they'll being their steady decline into horrendous bag-dom. You can tell they're at their peak because they won't be talking to you. They'll be leading the cheer squad and sleeping with the future lead-bagger at your local grocery store with a badge that reads "15 years of service."

Make sure you keep in contact with the girls that are a little timid, but are showing excellent room for wildness opportunity in Boston (are you going to Harvard?). These are the girls that dress with clothes that are not as fitting as they could be but they have great bodies and tend to watch what they eat (but not obssesively). They usually dress conservatively, because they live at home. Its basically a pressure cooker for them. They're waiting to hook up with you, but mom and dad are holding them back.

Remember, the first time you come back into town from college (typically Thanksgiving) you'll run into one of those girls you were super nice to, and she'll be smokin' hot. By that time, you'll be 18/19 and cashing in on your investment.

Chicks don't dig guys that are independent, well-rounded, humorous, witty, smart, or sexy. In High School, they are under so many restrictions from mom and dad, all they want is to rebel. The best way for them to rebel is to date a guy that mom and dad would absolutely hate. Mom and Dad would love the guy that drives a brand new 350z. It shows his parents have the cash and can support their s1ut-like needy princess. We don't want this. Instead, she wants the guy that drives the bang bus. What a rebel!

Don't get a 350z. Get a 1985 Chevy Astro or Ford Aerostar. Tint out the windows and hot box it all the time.

This will get the girls you want and you'll be saving a ton of money (which you'll be spending on booze in college). Plus, you're probably going to want another car in a year anyways. Trust me, when I got my first car, I thought it was such a big decision. Think of it this way. A car will depreciate in 5 years on average. You're probably going to want the GTR next week. In two years, the GTR will be probably more affordable if you find a used one for $75K.

You're going to want another car in 6 months anyways. You probably get great grades right now and are a star football player with community service activities beyond all comprehension. But after your first semester at a University (living away from home). You're going to just enjoy booze and skipping classes all day long. You'll become an activist and yell out through a megaphone "Down with Corporate America." In a blaze of glory you'll set your Nissan 350z on fire in front of the quad in demonstration against the abuse of global laborer used in supporting our American economy. You'll try sleeping with the chick with dreadlocks... You'll say you liked it because it felt like you were connected, but inside you know you rather not be sleeping with a smelly bear.

In summerization:

Hot girls are all you need to be thinking about right now. When you get older, you'll see that relationships are mostly a pain-in-the-a$$. So, you'll end up getting a 350z and spending a lot of time in the garage waxing and polishing. But not enough time sleeping with hot chicks.

You'll plenty of time to do that when you're older. Plus, you can yell at younger kids that ask the same question you did in about 9-10 years.

I'm only 25. I work all week and just have a few beers on the weekend and clean the car or do some yard work.

I'm a loser.

Shoot me.

REAL ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:

Take the money and go to a race school. Those are super fun and you can actually say to people you learned "through professional training" how to drive your car. You and your dad should both go as a graduation gift instead of a down payment.

Build your credit and get the car financed 100% through Nissan Motor Finance Corp. Yer dad will be able to boast to his friends that his son purchased a car all by himself. And You'll be able to tell anyone that tries to flame you that you've been on a professional course and driving safe is your life.

Good luck Buddy.

Good luck in college too. That's whats really more important.

Give me a call in 4 years (or 5) when you graduate. I'll buy you your first after-college beer.

Lyndonium
You spent way too much time and effort on this...

For this, I call you a loser.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't that the reason you post a lot? Begging for some kind of acceptance? Some kind of attention to fill that void the weed just can't seem to? In reality you're a shy and socially awkward girl, teh interwebs affords you some artificial self confidence in its anonymity but the craving for acceptance shows through again and again...

/Dr. Phil time
Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
xDIEGOx

If you like girls, just spend your money on the girls that look like the have a lot of potential for hotness in the not-so-distant future.

Skip the girls that are already hot, they've reached their peak and soon (very soon) they'll being their steady decline into horrendous bag-dom. You can tell they're at their peak because they won't be talking to you. They'll be leading the cheer squad and sleeping with the future lead-bagger at your local grocery store with a badge that reads "15 years of service."

You're going to want another car in 6 months anyways. You probably get great grades right now and are a star football player with community service activities beyond all comprehension. But after your first semester at a University (living away from home). You're going to just enjoy booze and skipping classes all day long. You'll become an activist and yell out through a megaphone "Down with Corporate America." In a blaze of glory you'll set your Nissan 350z on fire in front of the quad in demonstration against the abuse of global laborers used in supporting our American economy. You'll try sleeping with the chick with dreadlocks... You'll say you liked it because it felt like you were connected, but inside you know you rather not be sleeping with a smelly bear.

In summerization:

You'll have plenty of time to do that when you're older. Plus, you can yell at younger kids that ask the same question you did in about 9-10 years.

I'm a loser.

Shoot me.

Lyndonium

But what if he's teh gayz and doesn't like teh womenz?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
calin
Banned

holy crap....this thread was posted just a few hours ago and almost 1000 views and over 200 comments
Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
xDIEGOx

Originally Posted by calin
holy crap....this thread was posted just a few hours ago and almost 1000 views and over 200 comments

Time to start reading.
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Isn't that the reason you post and bully people a lot? Begging for some kind of acceptance? Some kind of attention to fill that void the alcohol just can't seem to? In reality you're a shy and socially awkward guy on pills, teh interwebs affords you some artificial self confidence in its anonymity but the craving for acceptance shows through again and again...

/Dr. Phil time

i could ask you the same.
Spork

Originally Posted by calin
Wasn't it a troll? Shouldn't his Civic buddies be reading this and laughing the geeky nasal laughs by now?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
xDIEGOx

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
Wasn't it a troll? Shouldn't his Civic buddies be reading this and laughing the geeky nasal laughs by now?

Oh noes we got punked!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i could ask you the same.

Damn... I though you hippies were creative?

Quick Reply: Right car for me?