New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New owner! northern burbs of chicago

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Ezra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner! northern burbs of chicago

Hey all!
Wanted to say "hi." I just purchased a 2006 350z Enth. manual trans in silverstone gray. I am loving the way this car drives, sounds, and feels. I've never owned anything this powerful. I was a Honda guy that was used to FWD 4 cylinder vtec engines. My last car was a 1998 Honda Prelude that I totalled in this treturous chicago snow... Although I am sad to see the prelude gone, I am enjoying every minute driving this thing. It feels very solid and powerful (something you didn't quite get with Honda's unless you reved the heck out of it). The only thing I need to get used to is RWD in the snow. However, I did just get a set of winter tires and rims that seemed to help tremendously!

As far as future mods, I don't think ill be doing anything other than maybe adding a stock spoiler. As far as appearance, it already looks pretty bad ***.

Anyone around the chicago area?

I also ride a CBR 600rr in the summer time. Any other sportbikers out there?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Blu Hvn

CongratZ and welcome. Be sure to check out the Regional Forum and www.chicagoz.com .
Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
MB33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome
Old 03-02-2009, 01:23 PM
travislee

congrats on the purchase I drive an 03' ppw Z and 07' Ninja zx6r
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
RandyK1

Congrats EZRA, I know you just got your Z but what are you doing driving it in the winter??? My baby (06 silver Z) is in the garage untill at least April. If you have the stock tires on your Z still they will be slick at these temps. I hope to see you around (when it gets warmer) Randy p.s. I live in Zion
Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Ezra

Originally Posted by RandyK1
Congrats EZRA, I know you just got your Z but what are you doing driving it in the winter??? My baby (06 silver Z) is in the garage untill at least April. If you have the stock tires on your Z still they will be slick at these temps. I hope to see you around (when it gets warmer) Randy p.s. I live in Zion
Hey there! I'm up in grayslake. Not to far from you at all. The winter tires have made a night and day difference compared to the stock tires. I feel like im driving an SUV in the snow with these on. This is my only car for now, maybe next winter i'll get a junker for the snow. Hopefully we should be getting very close to the end of the snow.

I've already found this site to be useful. I noticed after I purchased the Z, my right rear turn signal light fixture is loose. Seems like you can wiggle it around by pushing it back and forth. I'm guessing i need to take the bumper off and tighten down the screws back there. Found an excellent write up on how to take the bumper off.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
kyx4n

Welcome!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congratZ. Take care of her, no more snow issues for you I hope. They are quite a different car from FWD.