Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

First Z from Roc. NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Abbott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Z from Roc. NY

Hey everyone. I joined the sites a few days ago and have been reading posts like crazy. Very impressed with the site and knowledge around here so i thought it would be a great place to stick around. I just bought my first 350z. Its a completely stock 05 with ~63K on it, 6 sp. The car came from florida so its the first time its ever been up north and its in great shape. Test drove it couple weeks ago and i was impressed with it. Sounds like its been someones daily driver but everything on the car seems tight. i have a 95 civic as well that im going to be driving to keep the miles to a minimum (well atleast to drive on the nasty days!).

So i do have a couple questions, i have searched around the site a bit to check for myself and i found some but want to clarify on others.

From what i've read i should look into a timing chain soon (between 60k and 80k). Anything else i should look into since the car has that many miles? Regular maintance for me is important.

Also i've noticed the clutch being slightly noisy when disengaged but from what i've read it sounds like a pretty normal thing for Z's.

Anyways its great to meet you guys and hope to keep on learnin some more about this power house
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
350z00m

check your spark plugs, belts, tranny fluid, diff fluid. shouldnt really have a problem with the timing chain... i still have my stock one and i have over 100k on it. all i can think of atm lol
Old 03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
MB33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome how much did it cost u??
Old 03-09-2009, 06:41 PM
tylerxfire

damn, thats some miles for a 06 but being from down south as a dd was prolly everyday of the year, my 03 up here in ny only had 21k on it when i got it last year...welcome, oh and expect to find oil on at least one of the plugs, prolly furthest back drivers side, thats the valve cover leaking, depending on how bad post it up for info. but u will prolly leave it if its only that one..if its all then whole valve cover needs to be replaced most likely both sides...easiest way to check pull the plugs and take a look, common on the z's
Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
damn, thats some miles for a 06 but being from down south as a dd was prolly everyday of the year, my 03 up here in ny only had 21k on it when i got it last year...welcome, oh and expect to find oil on at least one of the plugs, prolly furthest back drivers side, thats the valve cover leaking, depending on how bad post it up for info. but u will prolly leave it if its only that one..if its all then whole valve cover needs to be replaced most likely both sides...easiest way to check pull the plugs and take a look, common on the z's
it's an 05
Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
it's an 05
oh my bad 05...still
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the community and congratZ. Smart idea to keep the other car to keep the mileage down, also means you'll enjoy the Z even more each time you get in.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

timing chains really don't get replaced .... timing belts do

as mentioned, start off with all new fluids, filters, plugs
Old 03-10-2009, 07:00 AM
JZurita

Welcome
Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Abbott

cool thanks for the info guys. I'm about to head to the garage in a bit to start messin around with it. (gotta feed my face first!)
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Abbott

well just got back from a friends and checked over a bunch of stuff. Found out i need to replace two belts, needs front pads, needs the front rotors turned (sm. lip towards the OD). Some dealership and their amazing inspection they gave the car. Complete b.s. I even pointed out the rear windshield wiper being bad and he said it was all part of the inspection and i got home and saw that wasn't replaced either.

the rear speakers seem to be disconnected or do not work. I searched the forums and found that its pretty common for people to disconnect them. I would like to connect them since i dont have to worry about tweeters in mine, but it looks like im going to need to get someone from where i work to fab me up a mount and i need to put some Pro-e skills to work. they seem like they would sound like crap the way they sit in there behind that plastic.